Jets @ Bills Postgame thread

Simon

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He would suck but he engineered Gw drives against us in 2 of the last 3 games.  Yesterday was his worst game I can remember by far.  No shock that it was behind an OL of depth players.  Dude never had a chance all day

True - he has occasional flashes of brilliance but not enough to warrant continuing as a starter. Will be interesting to see what the Jets do with him if Rodgers

plays next year. 

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

The more interesting question is do you cut Johnson to add Fournette? Because that's probably what you would have to do.

Fournette is just an insurance policy in case of injury at this point. Team will be able to evaluate him in the meantime and determine if he can help the team in case he needs to play.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Per Joe Marino on Twitter:

32 points is the most any team has scored against the Jets in the last two years.

Not a bad first outing for Mr Brady...

Bills O vs Jets D was the storyline of this game. I don't want to diminish the game of the Bill's D. It did what it should have done though, to a large degree. The Bills O taking the Jets D to the woodshed is the bees knees.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Bills D is why we spanked them.  Average starting field position for the O was the 38 yard line.  Enough said.

Yeah, the O scored, but the short field positions are why they had such an easy time of it.  They didnt have to go on 78 yard drives repeatedly, and the 80 yard explosive TD to shakir was the cherry on top.

Edited by bouds
  • Agree 2

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My take:  Lenny is a PS player and will be all season unless someone gets hurt

They will eventually elevate him the max times before having to sign him to the active roster to get some reps with the offense but the signing was always about the playoffs where roster limits expand not regular season

See how they handled john brown and Cole Beasley last season 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

we want the chiefs to have success tonight so they can possibly expose a weakness in Philly that we can use to help us win next week.  

The only things that matters is the Bills winning games and the teams competing for the AFCE and WC to lose games.  KC winning or losing games is irrelevant to our playoff push

We aren’t competing with the chiefs for playoff position. They will win their division and will have a better record than us regardless of this game imo.  The only thing that matters to us is winning every game.  If KC can show us some concepts that will help us beat Philly, that’s more useful than KC getting beaten and showing us nothing on how to beat them.  

We still need a victory over the Chiefs more than against the Eagles. And, to be honest, I ‘d rather play the Eagles off a win than a loss.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Sorry, if it's been said but I just read in a Sal article that Davis wasn't targeted once yesterday.

Good. We performed extremely well without him against a good D and other players are emerging. I hope this trend continues.

He’s only survived this long because he’s a pretty good run blocker I think. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

They will eventually elevate him the max times before having to sign him to the active roster to get some reps with the offense but the signing was always about the playoffs where roster limits expand not regular season

See how they handled john brown and Cole Beasley last season 

They will eventually elevate him if a RB gets hurt. I highly doubt they roster 4 RBs or cut Ty Johnson.  

11 hours ago, stevewin said:

Crazy how much shorter the post game thread is without all the posts about how much the Bills suck 

Winning cures a lot of things.

There is good and bad execution in every game, but the bad things get magnified in losses.

The team looked better prepared on Offense and the sloppiness, mistakes, and lack of production from that unit game after game was getting old for all of us. Justified or not, that is the reason Dorsey was shown the exit.

I don't hate on Dorsey like some, as Allen credits him for a lot of the success he has had in past seasons.

I do think that the jump from QB room to OC is a big one and for this franchise with a defense-minded HC an OC has to manage a lot more than the Xs and Os.

Sometimes it takes a candidate a few times failing in those roles to figure out how to find success.

Edited by WideNine

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

We still need a victory over the Chiefs more than against the Eagles. And, to be honest, I ‘d rather play the Eagles off a win than a loss.

To your first point-  right- obviously.  That doesn’t really have anything to do with my statement. 

To your second point-  could go either way.  If KC can provide us with some new insight on how to beat them, I’d rather that the case.  But if they don’t provide us any good info, I’d rather KC lose big!

• Like (+1) 1

Really impressed with the national media this morning.  All the focus is on how bad Wilson is as a QB and almost nothing is being said at all about the bills.  The ones that have anything to say, well you know it's negative.  

Good job on not watching the game fellas.  You earned your paycheck this week! 😄

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

To your first point-  right- obviously.  That doesn’t really have anything to do with my statement. 

To your second point-  could go either way.  If KC can provide us with some new insight on how to beat them, I’d rather that the case.  But if they don’t provide us any good info, I’d rather KC lose big!

Yeah, obviously every team is different but I’d see how the Jets slowed the Eagles down and try to emulate to the best of their abilities.

On offense? We will need to win the game on the arm of Josh Allen. I don’t see the Bills running the ball effectively. The plus side is I believe the Bills can do just that…throw with a lot of success.

15 hours ago, Mango said:

Josh had a great game. Brady was able to get this team flowing. Something Dorsey couldn’t do, at least as of late. Big credit to both those guys tonight. I think this move was a good decision. 

But the “look what happens when you let Allen run” thing doesn’t fit here. He was 5/15 tonight. His game logs the rest of the season are 

6/36

3/7

3/46

4/17

4/14

2/11

7/17

7/41

8/44

4/14

I am not trying to get into a Dorsey v Brady argument but I also think it’s important to note as well. 

I was kinda pairing that with the rbs also running the ball.. also pairing that with having a mix of plays and not just one or the other.  I just am not good at wording stuff.  What I mean is they had an effort there to have a run game.  Also for the most part, when Josh wanted to run the football he wasn't hesitant.  He just ran.  Many times this season, you could tell he wanted to run but then stopped himself and then ultimately tried to run after the window closed.  That or he coulda ran but elected to throw a bad pass instead.

By having a mix a plays I mean... What both Dorsey and Daboll had a tendency to do is when they ran, if it worked, they just kept running until it was stopped and went back to the pass.  For me, I'd like to see them run a few good runs, throw the ball, run the ball... meaning keep the defense guessing.  We never did that.  Not even Daboll. Thats what always pissed me off about Daboll and also Dorsey.  I probably didn't word that very well either.  Hope you get what I mean.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Really impressed with the national media this morning.  All the focus is on how bad Wilson is as a QB and almost nothing is being said at all about the bills.  The ones that have anything to say, well you know it's negative.  

Good job on not watching the game fellas.  You earned your paycheck this week! 😄

I am not going to blame anyone for holding off on the Joe Brady parade until he can show it for a stretch. I am not going to slam anyone for skepticism when my own is running quite high.

Now, if we keep this up vs Philly, KC, Dallas, then I will gripe like to the peak condition being a Bills fan has trained me to.

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am not going to blame anyone for holding off on the Joe Brady parade until he can show it for a stretch. I am not going to slam anyone for skepticism when my own is running quite high.

Now, if we keep this up vs Philly, KC, Dallas, then I will gripe like to the peak condition being a Bills fan has trained me to.

Exactly. It's one thing to beat the Jets at home. It's another thing altogether to beat the Eagles in Philadelphia.

Early opinions don't seem great in my mind. Depends if they get out of this game totally healthy, of course.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.