Jets @ Bills Postgame thread

Simon

All eyes on the Chiefs and Eagles game tonight.  We know for a fact we can play with the Chiefs.  We've won 2 out of the last 3 and, obviously, we all know it should be 3 of the last 3.  So, I think we will have sort of an idea of what we might be in for after tonight.

That said, styles make fights.  No matter what happens tonight or how these teams match up, the way we play the Eagles will obviously be a bit different.  As of now, I do worry that the Eagles might out physical us at the point of attack on both sides of the ball and that is definitely concerning.  But, tonight, hopefully Andy Reid can show us a couple of softer spots we might be able to get after.  Will be a good watch tonight either way.

23 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Totally off subject, but why can't I create threads? Thanks sorry to derail the thread go bills.

I don't know the specific numbers, but to prevent newbies who don't know the ropes here being disruptive by starting a thread for their every thought, there's a limit on how long you must be a member and how many posts you must have before you can start threads.

Those exact numbers are closely guarded wisdom revealed to only a sacrosanct few after a secret ceremony involving a skull full of Possum stew, a set of Zubaz apparel, and a bottle of Lagavulin.

Just kidding on the ceremony, if I explained what was really involved @Simon would have to kill me, but the part about the newbie limits on time and # posts before starting threads is correct.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

All eyes on the Chiefs and Eagles game tonight.  We know for a fact we can play with the Chiefs.  We've won 2 out of the last 3 and, obviously, we all know it should be 3 of the last 3.  So, I think we will have sort of an idea of what we might be in for after tonight.

That said, styles make fights.  No matter what happens tonight or how these teams match up, the way we play the Eagles will obviously be a bit different.  As of now, I do worry that the Eagles might out physical us at the point of attack on both sides of the ball and that is definitely concerning.  But, tonight, hopefully Andy Reid can show us a couple of softer spots we might be able to get after.  Will be a good watch tonight either way.

The fact that we get these two teams right after they play each other is the kind of scheduling boon rarely provided to a Buffalo team.  

We’ll have lots of very recent tape to study.  Coaches better earn their keep these next couple of weeks. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

That's the same dang play run more or less at the exact same time.

Yep. Shanahan's version is eeeever so slightly better, due to the motion of McCaffrey several steps in the opposite direction of where he'd be running his route.

Giants ran this play yesterday, too. It didn't look as pretty as when the Bills or 9ers did it, but it did score a touchdown.

Edited by Logic

21 hours ago, zow2 said:

Philly has a huge game on MNF.  Revenge vs KC.  I feel like we could catch them on the proverbial emotional letdown.

And the Bills are due to win a game or two that they’re supposed to lose.

The Bills are due for good luck with injuries, good luck with referees, good luck with fumbles and interceptions, good luck with coin toss's, and lots more good luck!

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yep. Shanahan's version is eeeever so slightly better, due to the motion of McCaffrey several steps in the opposite direction of where he'd be running his route.

Giants ran this play yesterday, too. It didn't look as pretty as when the Bills or 9ers did it, but it did score a touchdown.

But the reason Shanahans is better is that CMAC is running the play.  LB's overcompensate trying to keep track of the guy.

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

But the reason Shanahans is better is that CMAC is running the play.  LB's overcompensate trying to keep track of the guy.

Sure, but the pre-snap motion that I mentioned is also a nice little added touch that the Bills' and Giants' versions did not feature.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Those exact numbers are closely guarded wisdom revealed to only a sacrosanct few after a secret ceremony involving a skull full of Possum stew, a set of Zubaz apparel, and a bottle of Lagavulin.

and if we reveal their names we will have to kill you or worse make you consume the stew

56 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I know Sauce was getting trashed for his lack of effort on the TD and "tweet and delete" but he did the same thing earlier in the game also.  Just tried to hand tackle Shakir.  Maybe he's afraid of Shakir for some reason.

p_ZbXi.gif

Maybe he thinks he’s Primetime and doesn’t need to tackle 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.