DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

Just now, bigduke6 said:

think theres more to this than many are thinking.   i dont believe in coincidences.  bad Josh showed up at the same time as this off field issue.   if you watch Josh since then,  he has zero joy for the game,  even when something good happens.   he visibly looks lost.   

Have you ever changed a newborn’s diaper?  Bad things man. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Mango said:

Curious what this offense looks like under Brady? The Sean Payton and LSU/Burrow connections are intriguing. 

Maybe we go on a tear. Josh throws 30 TD's and no INT's the rest of the season. Maybe Dorian Williams is the next Ray Lewis!

LFG!

Expect Allen to get close to 20 picks this year.  Think about that!

3 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

I'd argue that Rice is having a better year than Gabe. And Mahomes stats are a little worse than Josh's this year x/c for INTs. 

Sure you can argue that. I can argue that Davis on KC’s offense with Mahomes could be a star. See how that works?

Mahomes (or Burrow for that matter) doesn’t make many mistakes to hurt his team. That’s the big difference. There’s an important qb stat you’re leaving out. One guy is 7-2 while the other is 5-5. Which is better?

14 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Who does Mahomes have outside of Kelce that’s better than Davis? I agree Burrow has crazy weapons. 

He has a much better O line and that's no small thing.  He also has one of if not the best offensive minds in the NFL calling plays and running the show. 

Mahomes can be confident that in the off season the Chiefs will get him more weapons. Just like they rebuilt his O line after the loss to TB in the SB.  Don't underestimate the importance to a QB's mental health when he has confidence that the franchise will do right by the offense.  Mahomes has it and conversely why would anyone think Allen has it given the reality of how the Bills have structured and built their Offense?

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Who does Mahomes have outside of Kelce that’s better than Davis? I agree Burrow has crazy weapons. 

Mostly a bunch of knucklehead nobodies who routinely try and fumble games away. 

Personally, I hope he keeps them all long after Kelce retires 😏

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

I'd argue that Rice is having a better year than Gabe. And Mahomes stats are a little worse than Josh's this year x/c for INTs. 

For someone that has regressed, his stats certainly don't make that obvious other than the INTs. 

“But other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?” 

I’d argue that some of the questionable decisions are not always clearly reflected in the stats, but they still leave an impression. 

Edited by Augie

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

He has a much better O line and that's no small thing.  He also has one of if not the best offensive minds in the NFL calling plays and running the show. 

Mahomes can be confident that in the off season the Chiefs will get him more weapons. Just like they rebuilt his O line after the loss to TB in the SB.  Don't underestimate the importance to a QB's mental health when he has confidence that the franchise will do right by the offense.  Mahomes has it and conversely why would anyone think Allen has it given the reality of how the Bills have structured and built their Offense?

Look I know you’re a big defender of our guy. I, on the other hand, hold him accountable as an elite qb. So we’re going to naturally disagree a lot of times when it comes to Allen.

But we both want the Bills to do well and they’re not at the moment. There’s a lot of blame to go around and I hope you’d see that Allen isn’t exempt from that. Now that Dorsey is gone and it looks like rock bottom for Allen and the team let’s hope he can rebound and salvage this season. 

Last night’s game was just too much. lol 

26 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Mahomes has had consistency with a hall of fame play caller in Reid in charge.  He may not have been the one calling all the plays, but it’s his offensive system.

Dorsey was inexperienced and unqualified to be OC, in over his head.

McD dodging responsibility again, he's so good at that. He never accepts any responsibility for anything, the mark of a terrible leader. Dorsey had to go but McD is the real problem here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Beast said:

100%

Two years ago the special teams coordinator was the scapegoat.

Last year, Leslie.

This year, Dorsey.

McDermott put this staff together. He should be next.

I'd have to imagine he is.  Even if it doesn't happen this year it will happen next. I don't think he makes this move if he felt job secure with status quo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.