USA Today article on the current Bills situation and coach McD in particular

CodeMonkey

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

That’s because they all copy each others opinions, rather than thinking for themselves.  

....or they all could be right because they see the exact same things (failings) we as fans see.  Anyone who thinks McDermott will magically take this team to another level is delusional. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

I didn't write it so don't shoot the messenger.  But outside of Buffalo homer media it is a not-uncommon theme..

It is why many call USA Today "McPaper".

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

That’s because they all copy each others opinions, rather than thinking for themselves.  

Well I guess that is better than when Jerry "Sulky" Sullivan would write articles before games.

Edited by Limeaid
typo
  • Like (+1) 1

I mean, to be fair:

Sean McDermott’s clueless answer about the Bills’ offensive pace is precisely why they’re doomed

Isn't exactly a hot take, and we've all been saying the exact same thing all week

It bothers me that he couldnt even give lip service to the notion that what they are doing isn't working

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That counts as an article?

That was clickbait dross from the horrible mechanized news platform of the US Today world. The organization has destroyed journalism. This is a solid case for it.

I'd expect this on a slide show on Bleacher Report 10 years ago or MSN headline 5 years ago.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 2

7 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

I didn't write it so don't shoot the messenger.  But outside of Buffalo homer media it is a not-uncommon theme..

Nothing earth shattering here but outside of Buffalo most of these pundits and talking heads knows that McD is pretty much a 'never was' and needs to be replaced.

I thought once the national media turned against the Bills they'd finally start playing better but unfortunately hasn't been the case.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Likely he pays to be published.

The USA today network does pay contributors. It can vary from clicks to the article, to a minimum $$ for stories per week, etc.

USA uses the device of pushing stories out fast and frequently. The more they put out the more clicks they make.

They buy a lot of local newspapers in small towns and standardize them. Over time they'll put one editor over a series of papers in the area and share only brief stories of local interests. Those local stories are usually just friends and cronies to the journalists themselves. 

Most journalists are scummy.

There are national voices saying the same thing  Adam Schein, Chris’s Simms, Mike Florio….sometimes you wonder if McDermott isn’t just Marvin Lewis’s long lost cousin. 
Still he does get credit for what hes built here it’s just there is certain coaches who can build a team and certain coaches that win you a championship.

I posted it about a year ago but it is very much like the comparison of Doug Collins to Phill Jackson with the old Chicago Bulls….one built the team and changed the culture …one got them over the hump…right now Sean is Doug Collins 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

20 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

....or they all could be right because they see the exact same things (failings) we as fans see.  Anyone who thinks McDermott will magically take this team to another level is delusional. 

It’s funny to me how many people get butt hurt by stating the obvious. Most people have finally accepted what McD is, but there are still a few that won’t admit it. 

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, dorquemada said:

I mean, to be fair:

Sean McDermott’s clueless answer about the Bills’ offensive pace is precisely why they’re doomed

Isn't exactly a hot take, and we've all been saying the exact same thing all week

It bothers me that he couldnt even give lip service to the notion that what they are doing isn't working

Why would you expect McDermott to throw one of his coaches under the bus in public?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.