USA Today article on the current Bills situation and coach McD in particular

CodeMonkey

Everybody paying attention and watching every game knows this team is not going to win games because the defense is holding teams to 17 to 20 points.  They can't be depended on to get off the field consistently regardless of field position or any other factor like possession time.

Maybe McDermott is uncomfortable taking the chains off of the offense but that's the best and smartest option available to win enough games to make the playoffs and give the team a chance. 

I'll add losing either of the next two game has to be a firreable offense.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

On 11/9/2023 at 12:28 PM, buffaloboyinATL said:

That’s because they all copy each others opinions, rather than thinking for themselves.  

YEAH!  We all know that the offense and team are humming along on all cylinders nicely!  

Buncha boobs!!  

:D 

😎

On 11/9/2023 at 7:13 PM, Casey D said:

Geez, what a hot take.  Drivel from a simpleton.  I wonder if he makes minimum wage for writing this s***.

Actually I thought the writer kept it short and on point. I think he nailed most of McDermott's shortcomings in 2 paragraphs.... You in turn come off like you barely made it out of 5th grade.  

2 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

Actually I thought the writer kept it short and on point. I think he nailed most of McDermott's shortcomings in 2 paragraphs.... You in turn come off like you barely made it out of 5th grade.  

To each his own.

On 11/10/2023 at 9:31 AM, Beck Water said:

I think the decision to limit the QB run game (designed and scramble) is a strategic decision by McDermott, yes, and strongly influences the offensive tactics during the game as well as the way defenses prepare and play us.

I think within that framework, Dorsey has a lot of autonomy.  Part of the issue, IMO, is sheer WR talent.  The Bills don't have the WR talent (IMO) that they had in 2020 with Diggs, Brown (and Gabe subbing in), and Beasley; and in 2021 with Diggs, Sanders (and Gabe subbing in) and Beasley.  Even McKenzie, much as he was a whipping boy here and contracts not withstanding, is looking like a more talented #4/gadget guy than Hardy is showing so far.

Then there's Allen's in-game decision making, which is vexing at times.

The thing is, other top offenses manage to cope without running their QB 6x/game for 45-50 ypg.  But where that's true, they may have better talent at WR/OL.

And most teams can turn around and hand it off and win games, sure most teams can’t pound the ball to the Super Bowl, but you can point to a few games a year, win was the last time buffalo won a few games running the ball , that’s my biggest thing with McDermott in 4 years we haven’t had a running game outside of Allen. Playing one dimensional will never win us a championship. Teams tee off rushing 4 and dropping everyone in coverage, no one even bites on that shotgun fake handoff to cook. It’s time for a change.. but I don’t think our owner has much of a clue, I wish Kim was still in the mix. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.