Bills vs Broncos-Monday Night Football

BuffaloBillyG

How about the Bills come out with a little juice,  some energy and maintain it?  They seem to go through the motions.  They run the plays but it's like they are going through the motions.  McDermott is such a tight ass he needs to create an environment Monday night where the players get back to enjoying the game and being hyped up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

A couple of quick points.

1.  The injuries to our starters on defense are awful and incredibly significant.  We likely will be missing six starters on defense when we play the Broncos (Jones, Milano, White, Hyde, Benford, and Bernard), with Rousseau and Floyd nursing nagging injuries.  If we can hold the Broncos to under 21 points, it will be a miracle.  There should be no expectation that the defense will perform well for the remainder of the season, and the offense will need to step up and be consistently strong to fill this gap.

2.  I recall that prior to the drafts in 2022 and 2023, information filtered out that the Bills really liked McDuffie (KC) and Addison (Vikings).  I now understand why, and it would have made a significant difference to this team if we had been able to draft both of them.

3.  I like Cook, but I am not convinced that he is a RB1.  Really good as a pass catcher out of the backfield, but he does not seem to have break away speed or the ability to run through tackles.  His blocking on pass plays also is not great.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The one thing about Denver is they are going to run it until we stop it. This game is going to be very physical and if we aren’t ready to tackle, it’s going to get difficult. I can’t believe I even think this in my own mind but if Bernard can’t go, I think I want Klein. He might be slower and older but he’s a relative coach on the field and even in his physical state, still gives us more than Dodson. Dodson is useless at this point.  In a perfect world we’d stop wasting time and just live with 42/43 out there but if Bernard is out, I’d rather see Williams and Klein. At least those guys will be decisive and run downhill towards the ball. Something that can give us the opportunity to at least make plays to take the Ball away. Plus I feel good about Klein in run support 

Dodson has Tremaine Edmunds’ instincts but without the benefit of being a generational-type physical specimen to bail him out.

Linebacker is just a huge liability at this point, but if Dodson sees a bulk of playing time I think it’s gonna be tough to watch. 😣 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I don't. I also dont plan to watch. I get up too early in the morning to trade sleep to watch the BS they've been rolling out. Didn't watch last week and it made my whole week better. If they show me they aren't hot garbage then MAYBE I'll tune back in. Call me whatever you want, this season is over and I'm too old for this crap.

This is pathetic. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Dodson has Tremaine Edmunds’ instincts but without the benefit of being a generational-type physical specimen to bail him out.

Linebacker is just a huge liability at this point, but if Dodson sees a bulk of playing time I think it’s gonna be tough to watch. 😣 

I think we are in good shape with Bernard and Williams. We just won’t let the kid play. Just completely wasting everyone’s time with Dodson

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think we are in good shape with Bernard and Williams. We just won’t let the kid play. Just completely wasting everyone’s time with Dodson

Comes down to coaching .bench highly skilled, lots of speed rookie for a scrub linebacker

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I don't. I also dont plan to watch. I get up too early in the morning to trade sleep to watch the BS they've been rolling out. Didn't watch last week and it made my whole week better. If they show me they aren't hot garbage then MAYBE I'll tune back in. Call me whatever you want, this season is over and I'm too old for this crap.

This is the definition of a fair weather fan.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

What's garbage about it? Unless the poster is just lying. I personally can't not watch. It's just not me, but I do understand the idea of not wasting emotions and sleep if you can honestly do it. I kind of like this guys honesty lol. 

I just think it’s a crummy thing to say. 

24 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

What's garbage about it? Unless the poster is just lying. I personally can't not watch. It's just not me, but I do understand the idea of not wasting emotions and sleep if you can honestly do it. I kind of like this guys honesty lol. 

Personally I don't think someone is a real fan if they can't be bothered to watch their team unless they are playing great football.  I am down on this team too, but I am here every week cheering my team on and hoping for a turnaround.  I've been watching this team for over 40 years and think I missed maybe 3 games that weren't blacked out and even then I listened on the radio.

Maybe I am just old but I think its just sad and pathetic to declare you can't be bothered to watch them just because they aren't playing their best right now.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.