Around the NFL Week 9

EmotionallyUnstable

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Brady was really somethin'. I have to give him that.

Every time we played him, there was just this sense of inevitability.  

Sometimes I think Burrow is a young TB. Similar skill set. To me right now Mahomes, Josh and Burrow are the three best QBs in the league. And they are in their prime.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Dak will never win you a SB. He just doesn’t have it. Acts like he does, but performs like he doesn’t. I’ve never been a fan because he seems like a poser with skills to get a paycheck and attention but nothing further. 

The joke is his $60m cap hit next year.  Imagine facing kicking the dak can down the road.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Mike McCarthy cost the Cowboys that game by not going for the FG down 28-17.  Would have made it a one-score game and they could have kicked a FG (twice!) for the win.  And to think I wanted this guy as the Bills coach after Rex.  I feel shame.

No.  If they kicked the FG there it would have changed the field position they got on the TD drive.  Dallas started that drive at mid field.  They may not have been able to drive the whole field.  Plus it changes the clock because even if they did drive the whole field, it would have cost more clock.

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ravens are the best team i saw today…and the Dolphins have to play them and the Bills don’t 

Dolphins did beat them last year in that epic comeback.... obviously last year but still. Ravens have been injuried the last few years, wonder if they remain snakebitten

34 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

That 4th down where the TE came down on the 1/2 yard line could have been the field goal that put them within 3 and they'd have the lead right now.  Assuming their kicker made the kicks.

How many seconds ran off the clock while they were trying to figure out who recovered that?

They ended up in the exact same position anyway when they scored the TD later anyway, should have just taken the FG.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No.  If they kicked the FG there it would have changed the field position they got on the TD drive.  Dallas started that drive at mid field.  They may not have been able to drive the whole field.  Plus it changes the clock because even if they did drive the whole field, it would have cost more clock.

Maybe.  But not taking the points there definitely limited their options.  The world may never know.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.