This was a good week for Beane

Alphadawg7

Loved all 3 acquisitions.  I think Douglas and Joseph can definitely fill in respectfully for Tre & DQ.  I also could see both re-signed as primary backups for next season. Fournette will improve our pass blocking assignments and give veteran leadership after Cooks' touches.  All 3 are very good complementary pickups by Beane.  Well done.....

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How many other teams can sit back and say they added 3 upgrades to their roster this week?  

1. Fournette - He is a definite upgrade to Murray and once he is up to speed will only help our run game as he can pass pro, run, and catch.  

dude looks like he'll be up to speed pretty quick

nice to have a guy who doesnt skip leg day

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How many other teams can sit back and say they added 3 upgrades to their roster this week?  

1. Fournette - He is a definite upgrade to Murray and once he is up to speed will only help our run game as he can pass pro, run, and catch.  
  2. Rasul - Definite upgrade at starting CB and a long term answer as well, not just a fix for this season.
  3. Linval - Space eating DT who can tie up 2 OL, clog the run lanes, and help open up the pass rushing of Oliver and our Edge guys

We added 3 guys this week, all who are upgrades to starters on this team right now, and all it cost us was about a round and a half trade down from our low round third to an early to mid round 5th.  

Regardless of what anyones opinion on Beane may be, he had a pretty good week considering what this team has lost to injuries this season

I agree Beane did a very good job this week. He has made some good moves to improve the team. 

Only small disagreement is I'm not sure Lenny is an upgrade to Murray. I do think Lenny is a good insurance policy if the Bills suffer an injury. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

2. Rasul - Definite upgrade at starting CB and a long term answer as well, not just a fix for this season.
  3. Linval - Space eating DT who can tie up 2 OL, clog the run lanes, and help open up the pass rushing of Oliver and our Edge guys

We added 3 guys this week, all who are upgrades to starters on this team right now, and all it cost us was about a round and a half trade down from our low round third to an early to mid round 5th.  

Regardless of what anyones opinion on Beane may be, he had a pretty good week considering what this team has lost to injuries this season

I don't think it cost us anything.  We essentially had a freebie 3rd rounder to play with. Good moves so far

Beane SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded at cornerback -- I'd argue that Douglas is currently playing at a higher level than Tre White was this season. No disrespect intended to White, who's one of my favorite Bills. It's just the truth. 

Beane SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded at 1TDT -- Linval Joseph is vastly better than Tim Settle and Jordan Phillips.

Beane SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded at RB2 or RB3 -- at the very worst, Fournette is a big upgrade over Ty Johnson. I'd argue that he's also an upgrade over Latavius Murray.

Given the Bills' recent distrust of James Cook as a pass blocker, Murray's relative ineffectiveness the past few weeks, and Damien Harris's injury status, running back was an underrated need for the Bills. They were one James Cook injury away from having to start a 33-year-old running back full time and having basically no one of use behind him. Instead they now have a guy who has had over 1,000 yards from scrimmage each of the last two seasons, can both pass block and catch on 3rd down, can be a goal line and short yardage weapon, and is five years younger than Murray.

Not only were all of these good additions, but two of them didn't cost any draft compensation, the third didn't cost MUCH draft compensation (given the incoming 3rd round compensatory pick and the 5th they got back in return), and none of them have prohibitive contracts.

Very, very good week for Brandon Beane.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.