Weed laws in your area

Joe Ferguson forever

24D is a great broadleaf. Legal in most states. But I prefer vinegar, soap, and salt to use as a spray to kill weeds. Then spread enough salt out there once dead to realt hinder rhe growth. It's legal because if is natural. 

Otherwise, illegal opportunities are mixing kerosene, diesel, burned motor oil, with a little bit of fire.

Here is music for people who like weeds. They have terrible taste.

Edited by boyst
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

I honestly don’t understand what you were trying to say in your original post. 

Can you try to rephrase?

well, maybe i can help. In Guilford Co. lawns may only be 6-8" (15-19cm or 19-26 gugny's). it is out of code to have your weeds unkept. similarly, most HOA's do not allow bushes to overtake your windows but this is not a legal law and more of an HOA law.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

I honestly don’t understand what you were trying to say in your original post. 

Can you try to rephrase?

The laws in VA seem to change daily.  The constant for a few years has been 4 plants per household.  Lot's of people growing, trading, partying with each other.  I think there a 5 grow shops in our little town.  They'll trade you pot if you buy something else like CBD.  They"ll "trade" you seeds.  It's interesting in that law enforcement just turns a blind eye...which is fine by me.  We stayed a nite in a nice hotel in Roanoke recently.  Smelled pot constantly outside.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

unkept

unkempt...weird word.  not sure which is correct here

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

20 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

In Washington, you can buy it at a store for $6 and up for a 1 gram pre roll. Veterans get anywhere from 15% - 25% discount at most stores.  You are never more than a few miles from a store.

But you can't buy seeds and you can't grow it.

a buddy had great success from of 3 out of 4 of his allowed plants. Shared it with everyone.  Each plant prob 10 onces but it's not easy.  I;'ve had some pretty poor yields and when you're only allowed 4 plants you need a friend.....

20 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Sounds like too much work to me.  Riding my bike down to the store is more my style. 🙂

growing anything is usually worth it.  I think it's a take on the Va heritage of tobacco growing.  Tons of work and effort involved.  Tobacco warehouses are largely repurposed as studios or window shops etc.  got 5 good seedlings now.  hoping to return the favor.  At least 1 will die.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

a buddy had great success from of 3 out of 4 of his allowed plants. Shared it with everyone.  Each plant prob 10 onces but it's not easy.  I;'ve had some pretty poor yields and when you're only allowed 4 plants you need a friend.....

Outdoor or train some monsters?

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

I am in VA as well and, in our area of central VA, the man doesn’t seem to have the time to enforce the confusing laws. 
For those looking for some craziness, you can legally purchase and grow these at home…though that may change. These two links are examples but there are other similar sites.

https://mushroomsupplies.com
https://pnwspore.com

24 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

indoor.  stay away from auto seeds.  blast em with light at least 16 hours a day til ready for buds.  but what do I know.  my last crop almost failed.

10 oz a plant indoors is really impressive. Need huge plants to get that amount. I average about a QP per and theyre pretty large. But they're not huge yielders.  I enjoyed a cheese auto I had about 15 years ago and a blue dream auto I had gave everyone a panic attack and we all ended up at ecmc scared of everything. Only time I wasn't in control of my high. The nurses were laughing at us. Good thing it was a slow night I'd hate to take up space from someone that actually needed it. . Not a bunch of stoned idiots. They're nice for a bumper crop when doing outdoors.  Problem with autos are you can't clone them. 

My neighbor grows and thought it would be nice to gift me a clone covered in spider mites and thrips. Took forever to finally get rid of them. Had to take down everything, deep clean and start fresh. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

10 oz a plant indoors is really impressive. Need huge plants to get that amount. I average about a QP per and theyre pretty large. But they're not huge yielders.  I enjoyed a cheese auto I had about 15 years ago and a blue dream auto I had gave everyone a panic attack and we all ended up at ecmc scared of everything. Only time I wasn't in control of my high. The nurses were laughing at us. Good thing it was a slow night I'd hate to take up space from someone that actually needed it. . Not a bunch of stoned idiots. They're nice for a bumper crop when doing outdoors.  Problem with autos are you can't clone them. 

My neighbor grows and thought it would be nice to gift me a clone covered in spider mites and thrips. Took forever to finally get rid of them. Had to take down everything, deep clean and start fresh. 

no sorry.  The 10 oz was my buddies.  he grew outdoors- in til strong seedlings.  and they were 7-8 ft tall.  He has experience growing tobacco so literally an expert.

This story makes me anxious!  I buy seed from a guy who already "sells" flower from it so should be ok.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr Info said:

I am in VA as well and, in our area of central VA, the man doesn’t seem to have the time to enforce the confusing laws. 
For those looking for some craziness, you can legally purchase and grow these at home…though that may change. These two links are examples but there are other similar sites.

https://mushroomsupplies.com
https://pnwspore.com

Wow.  I actually grow lions mane gourmet mushrooms.  agree.  The laws are confusing and they have more important duties.  They do occasionally go after stores.  never heard about them going after an individual.

On 10/31/2023 at 8:25 AM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The laws in VA seem to change daily.  The constant for a few years has been 4 plants per household.  Lot's of people growing, trading, partying with each other.  I think there a 5 grow shops in our little town.  They'll trade you pot if you buy something else like CBD.  They"ll "trade" you seeds.  It's interesting in that law enforcement just turns a blind eye...which is fine by me.  We stayed a nite in a nice hotel in Roanoke recently.  Smelled pot constantly outside.

We took the 9 year old grandson to NYC this summer to see the Big Apple, catch a play, see the wife’s office, ferry around the Statue of Liberty, etc. He also learned what Woodstock must have smelled like.  Apparently it’s legal in NY and nobody cares where you smoke it. People just walking down the crowded sidewalks smoking joints all over Manhattan. It was a bit eye opening. We’ve been to plenty of places where it’s legal but people generally try to be discreet. Not in NYC while we were visiting. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Legal recreational and medical.

But normally, too expensive for a peasant like me

grow your own.  share with others.  it's all good...think about it.  my buddy grew 30 ounces of pot...set for life if he didn't share

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I would but deer are a cancer here, and I don't wanna grow indoors.

I worked with someone who lived on a golf course and frequently saw deer. One day, one of the damn critters must have been high from eating a neighbors crops and he saw his reflection in her sliding glass doors. (That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!)  He crashed into the slider until he broke into the house. She ran out he front door with the baby before the deer went about completely trashing their house! 

Bambi can be cute, but also a problem. 

We lived near golf courses and a lot of preserves in FL. The deer population was out of control but it was a residential area, so they brought in archers. The herd needed some thinning, I guess. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Legal recreational and medical.

But normally, too expensive for a peasant like me

If you don't mind me asking, where?   I can't get over how cheap it is in Seattle.  Not much more than I used to buy it for in college a loooooooong time ago.

10 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I think you can grow 6 plants in NY ... It turned out to be a nice growing season. 😎

They've finally opened a legal weed shop in Rochester where you can get flower, vapes, edibles etc ... It's all NY grown or made.

It’s pretty pricey. I’ll still go to gray market until the prices come down.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

If I didn't have any weeds I wouldn't have a front yard

When I was young(er) and stupid(er) we bought a house. I was an idiot then. (No comments, please.) I assumed the pool was heated because of the large attached spa. I assumed it was concrete block because it was stucco, and they didn’t have stucco over frame where we moved from. Stuff like that. 

SO, on that long list of lessons we learned was about landscaping. That lush green hedge along the entire front of the house was…..some weedy vines that grew up the dead stick limbs of a once living hedge and were carefully trimmed to look their best! 

I later rented a Bobcat and hired a landscape worker for a weekend. We scraped the lot and put in over 400 plants, from ground cover to Live Oaks. No more weeds.

We did extremely well on that house. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Dispensaries are like gas stations here in Vermont.  There are 6 within a 20 minute drive of my house and a new one that is about to open.  I think it’s legal to grow up to 6 plants.  I have a guy that will deliver whatever I want directly to my front door.  Pretty sweet.

So, do you go to HashDash.com? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Must just be NYC. Haven't smelled it here in WNY. I believe I have a good . economical approach.  Haven't touched it since 2012.  I  have had maybe 12 beers in the last year. Don't miss either. Do it for my health.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/4/2023 at 5:37 PM, Augie said:

When I was young(er) and stupid(er) we bought a house. I was an idiot then. (No comments, please.) I assumed the pool was heated because of the large attached spa. I assumed it was concrete block because it was stucco, and they didn’t have stucco over frame where we moved from. Stuff like that. 

SO, on that long list of lessons we learned was about landscaping. That lush green hedge along the entire front of the house was…..some weedy vines that grew up the dead stick limbs of a once living hedge and were carefully trimmed to look their best! 

I later rented a Bobcat and hired a landscape worker for a weekend. We scraped the lot and put in over 400 plants, from ground cover to Live Oaks. No more weeds.

I just need to bump this. Great house sounds like. High times!

so my friend, the ex tobacco grower/ expert, picked me up this cylinder that grinds weed into flower and it falls to a lower container then fine stuff filters thru a screen to a final container on the bottom. How does on make hash?

On 11/4/2023 at 5:37 PM, Augie said:

This is a primer for new home buyers. Our current house has an inside whirlpool bath. On the walk around, there were plants in the tub. I asked the realtor to fill the tub and turn it on which he did. Worked fine x later found that it was pumping water into the crawl space…I still would have bought it for the land but should have paid at least $1000 less. And there were plenty of weeds, none good. She left some incense cuz. She was a yoga studio owner. Zen….

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

A friend moving back to Columbus says it’s widely expected to be approved. Is that correct? Any idea? 

Of course you never know until election day, but it’s been polling around 60% so yes it’s expected to pass. Issue 1 (a measure to enshrine reproductive rights in the state constitution) is expected to bring a lot of people out to the polls and should “help” issue 2 pass.

I sure hope it passes, as it should open up more career / business opportunities for someone who recently obtained a masters degree in medical cannabis science & therapeutics….😏

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.