TB / Buffalo Postgame thread

Simon

2 minutes ago, Success said:

It's exciting how we discovered a much deeper WR corps tonight.  If they can keep getting Shakir & Davis involved like that, and Kincaid continues to develop, this is an elite offense.

That's really the Davis we all expected after the KC playoff game. He looked great tonight.

Yep. I've had my hope tank rejuvenated tonight, even if things weren't perfect. I see a football team that will stick around and will be a dreaded opponent come January.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Franco_92 said:

Yup. when you get to needing 2 yards or more, it is way too easy for a defender to get a hand up, or to blow a gap, to be worth giving them 30 seconds to go 45 yards or whatever it was. Perfect offensive execution on a 4th and 2 can still fairly often lead to turnover on downs. Torrence not locking down Payne's hands did exactly that against Washington this year. 

Also, Neal made a really bad play on that ball, it should have been downed at the 1. 

Yes, the last punt with under a minute to play was fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Playing not to lose vs playing to win.  That's what will matter against good teams.

The game was fine all night and then they changed in the 4th for no reason.  A two TD lead isn't the same as it used to be.

I don't think they'll play that the same way against an offense they respect; in the past they haven't and I think in the future they won't.

But I do agree that they will look at the film and regret pulling the reins too early and not giving that horse his head a little longer.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The fact that TB got to midfield and was able to hurl a ball into the end zone with a decent shot at scoring the winning TD is what we're talkign about.  I agree that it wasn't as close as some are saying but the fact that it was a lot closer then it should have been can not be denied. 

Decent shot!? Haha they complete that pass probably less that 1 in 100 tries…if you go for every 4th and short in the second half the bucs odds are much better than that.  It’s a wild argument from fans that just wanted to see more offense…I understand where the sentiment is coming from but rational thought has left the building 😂. People think dropping 100 tonight would make them feel better about the games we lost but it doesn’t change the past 

In a game that is decided by inches, our coaching staff rather have give it to a RB several yards away.  With a chance to really step on this team early, instead of using a play that has a 100% success rate when needing a yard or less (and having 2 chances if it would have been necessary), this coordinator decides that stepping back 6 yards and handing it off is a better way to go.

And then, with Tampa scrambling and time running out, our head coach can't resist the urge to call defensive time outs to let the opponent regroup and get their best players some rest and their best play into the game.

We have a coaching staff that refuses to do the easiest and most effective things.  Yes, I got several things I wanted out of this game.  An up tempo offense.  Some Allen runs.  Dalton Kincaid being used properly in the passing game.  But for all the good things they finally figured out, they insist on taking steps backwards in other areas to make it so much harder than it needs to be.  What should have been a 3 score win came down to a jump ball.  And if the football doesn't turn invisible there on that last play, the stadium might be up in flames right now.  This coaching staff is still holding this team back and it's hard to see this team winning anything big until they get out of their own way.  This mini bye is much needed.  This coaching staff really needs to look in the mirror and figure these basic things out.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Jesus, just got bad luck all throughout the 4th.  Two washy penalties on 4th down, and missing that punt pin inside the 5.

it’s a game of inches, take the win and move forward.

Bad luck?   If tonight's game was not filled with enough examples of horrendous coaching you are extremely biased.  

I have been a fan since my first game in 1972.  I get it.  But believe me,  being a fan don't mean that you have to accept the garbage game management McClappy displayed yet again.  That was pure trash.   I found myself laughing tonight knowing his stupid use of timeouts were likely going to cost us the game.  He is clueless.   

Dorsey and his moronic play calling at the 1/2 yard line?  Are you kidding me?  He should be gone by morning. 

Nothing is going to change this season.  Book it.  If they fail to make the playoffs or lose before the championship round, Clappy will use Dorsey as the scapegoat.   Book it.

Unfortunately,  we I think we are stuck with Mc Clappy for two more seasons and I don't think either of which will be "Championship Caliber" .

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

There are still some fundamental problems with the offense and defense. The defense at least has an injury excuse. The offense doesn't. Several drives in the 2nd half that could have put the game away and we just stalled out repeatedly. That stupid attempt to draw them Offside on 2nd and 1 was poor coaching. The vanilla play calling was poor coaching. The 1st and 2nd drive of the game ending with just 3 points combined was a result of poor coaching. I really think coaching is holding the offense back more than the players.

I agree. On that play I think Morris thought the guy was offside and hiked the ball.  Allen almost seemed surprised to get it.  But at that point of the game just let the 3rd quarter run out and get the 1st down at the start of the 4th quarter.

But overall there was a lot to like abut the O tonight.  Allen was elite and made great decisions and great throws.  He ran just enough to make TB worry about it and then exploited that with some nifty passes.  The O line was solid and the Bills ran the ball well.  The best part of the night was the fact that 4 different receivers had 5 or more catches for 65 or more yards and 2 TD's.  If this is sustainable the Bills could explode offensively in the coming weeks.

The key now is McD sitting down and deciding what he wants from his O.  IMO he throttled it down to soon.  Once the Bills went up 24 - 10 early in the 3rd the strategy appeared to be don't turn the ball over and win the field position battle. This is classic defensive coach thinking from 10 years ago.  Today it's a recipe for blowing a lead.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

media kissing mcdermotts ass holy hell

I agree with this. 

The tone of that interview was Buffalo by 4 touchdowns. 

The offense is back apparently. 

4 straight punts in the 3rd and 4th to end that game. 

This was just the inverse of the last 3 games. Played with energy early, then just coasted the rest of the way. 

Tampa put the ball into the end zone with a chance for the win. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

No it’s all if them not just the last…if it’s gonna take 8+ minutes for tb to punch in the td why would you want to risk giving them good field position? 

plenty of time lol how? they are vastly shortening a game that we were up two scores. A Hail Mary attempt that baker could only reach with the ball arced a mile in the air is hardly a ballgame…was us running a hook and ladder on the final play against the jags a ballgame?  Y’all are just broken from a Hail Mary a few years ago clearly 😂. That play was not even close 

You’re misunderstanding me either purposefully or other.

You’re telling me you’re worried about going for one of the 4ths because it gives the Bucs a chance at a short field if they stop the Bills. That creates a potential “ballgame” out of a comfortable lead.

I’m telling you the team did what you’re advocating for and it ended up being a ballgame decided on the last play, anyway.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, JTown said:

Bad luck?   If tonight's game was not filled with enough examples of horrendous coaching you are extremely biased.  

I have been a fan since my first game in 1972.  I get it.  But believe me,  being a fan don't mean that you have to accept the garbage game management McClappy displayed yet again.  That was pure trash.   I found myself laughing tonight knowing his stupid use of timeouts were likely going to cost us the game.  He is clueless.   

Dorsey and his moronic play calling at the 1/2 yard line?  Are you kidding me?  He should be gone by morning. 

Nothing is going to change this season.  Book it.  If they fail to make the playoffs or lose before the championship round, Clappy will use Dorsey as the scapegoat.   Book it.

Unfortunately,  we I think we are stuck with Mc Clappy for two more seasons and I don't think either of which will be "Championship Caliber" .

I don’t think you’re the savvy football fan you think you are if you weren’t a fan of that timeout before halftime…really incredible to me that everyone is supposedly smarter than mcd here and the one time he does something that a smart coach would do they don’t recognize it 😂 

13 minutes ago, Success said:

It's exciting how we discovered a much deeper WR corps tonight.  If they can keep getting Shakir & Davis involved like that, and Kincaid continues to develop, this is an elite offense.

That's really the Davis we all expected after the KC playoff game. He looked great tonight.

Need to ditch the 12 BS and go 5 wide and up-tempo. Be a real offense. Get everyone involved. Get everyone engaged.

And most importantly RUN JOSH.

The early run tipped the numbers back in our favor and it made everything easier. Cant get away from that.

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

This felt like Sunday Night last year against the Packers for me. 

Great early, coasted all the way to the end. 

McD hates putting teams away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.