TB / Buffalo Postgame thread

Simon

I am two thumbs down on this performance.

The shotgun run call at the goal line was painfully and predicably doomed from conception. 

From the last play of the 3rd Qtr, which was glaringly low IQ, on to the end it was terrible.   

The playmakers of the previous 3 Qtrs, minus one play, were ignored for a series of super conservative, short of the line of gain futile concepts. 

Jordan Phillips?   

My disappointment in what transpired is infinitely vast.  

• Agree 2

Good lord this postgame thread sucks. 

A win is a win.  

And (because we do it too, with the Chiefs and with the Pats before them)… think of all the hatewatchers who stayed up late only to see us win after all…

some of you clowns included. 

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I am two thumbs down on this performance.

The shotgun run call at the goal line was painfully and predicably doomed from conception. 

From the last play of the 3rd Qtr, which was glaringly low IQ, on to the end it was terrible.   

The playmakers of the previous 3 Qtrs, minus one play, were ignored for a series of super conservative, short of the line of gain futile concepts. 

Jordan Phillips?   

My disappointment in what transpired is infinitely vast.  

That sucks. Hope your day gets better. 

• Haha (+1) 6

6 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

What could have been a convincing win was a squeaker.

Tomorrow the W means everything.  

Right now I can be disappointed in the second half.  McD has a lot to think about in the long week to next game. 

The game itself was much different, but last nights dud of a second half was reminiscent of the Packers prime time game last season. That’s my frustration, we’re starting to see the same mistakes made again and again. 

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, BRH said:

Good lord this postgame thread sucks. 

A win is a win.  

And (because we do it too, with the Chiefs and Pats before them)… think of all the hatewatchers who stayed up late only to see us win after all…

some of you clowns included. 

oh cool I got a red x reaction.  I am properly chastised.  🙄

Game felt much different than the score. 

However much better game from the offense IMO, which is funny only scoring 24 and had 25 Sunday but to me the offense just looked and felt better, more effecient, like the playcalls built off eachother. just felt much better.

Defense played decent.  but was not the best and kept the game close with mistakes extending drives.

All and All needed win and got it on a short week.  Still alot to work on and get a little healthy during the mini bye

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

you don't fire mcD unless you have a replacement in mind. 

Jim Harbaugh? 

T. Pegula should be doing anything and everything to bring Harbaugh to One Bills Drive. This team is never gonna win a championship with McClappy in charge.

1 hour ago, cgg716 said:

He wants the game to be decided by his inferior unit. Fundamentally flawed coach 

Especially last night. 
close the game with your better side. offense last night and stop punting at mid field. McDork

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

LMAO. You’ve made some good points in this thread, then put out this stinker. The Pats struggled on offense vs the Bills?! Really?! They ran through the Bills D like a hot knife through butter. Mac Jones looked like Joe Montana. C’mon man.

You should try reading the statement you are responding to again 🙄

6 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

Yes...That. Plus lets freakin' face it.... Those 4th down and drive extending  penalties at the end were a pile of BS. McD even calls them out in his very subtle way in his post game presser, which he almost never does. We and all those around us in the stadium could not believe what was going on out there toward the end! I don't pay attention to spreads very often but what was it for this game? Because that final "TD Drive" for the Bucs was some BS. I try my damnedest to avoid mentioning flags as a reason for a loss, but since this was a win, those refs can suck it! They were awful in the end. Closest I've ever come to thinking a game I witnessed live was officiated in a biased, intentional manner.   

Agreed, the first penalty was ticky tack and that Phillips face mask doesn't happen if the refs blow the play dead five seconds earlier like they were supposed to. 

It's fair to say that nearly every single football game that I have watched no matter who is playing has had some type of issues with the officials this year.   It is a real problem and the NFL needs to address it.

For what it's worth, the point spread yesterday was 9.5.  In the slightly possible but unlikely event that Buffalo had not run out the clock and kicked a field goal to make it a two score game, the final score would have been 27-18.  I hope everybody enjoyed the NFL sponsored by Draft Kings last night.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

McD doesn't think his time management is an issue. Actions speak louder than words. He's told us time and again that defensive timeouts are his thing. He's also told us that he does in fact play down to his competition otherwise we don't punt 2x in plus territory last night. If that was KC we'd go for it but instead it's TB. Bills let them almost win that game. Happy with a win but man McD loves his nail biters. 

Has anyone said or speculated about why their punter did not get a penalty for swinging his helmet at our guys?  I mean for pete's sake, Myles Garrett was given the rest of the year off for that shiz.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KCNC said:

Has anyone said or speculated about why their punter did not get a penalty for swinging his helmet at our guys?  I mean for pete's sake, Myles Garrett was given the rest of the year off for that shiz.

Idk, maybe because Myles Garrett is a beast even without the helmet in his hands, and their punter looks like something I forgot to flush. Maybe they took putty because even with a helmet he wasn’t a danger to anyone? 😂

5 minutes ago, KCNC said:

Yeah, not sure about that. I thought it was at least an automatic 15 yard penalty for removing your helmet on the field of play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.