Purdy in Concussion Protocol. Likely OUT this weekend.

BuffaloBillyG

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Run the Tush Push they said. It's easy they said.  

The NFL is likely to use plays like this and what happens to the Giants when they lost 2 guys on a play like this to call the play "unsafe" and add restrictions IMO

As long as it doesn’t eat into the owners’ pocketbooks, which this won’t.  Safety thrown out the window when they can make more money though.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Great example of you NEVER know what your schedule looks like until you play the games. 

Bengals get SF without Purdy and Deebo. 

This is what yanks my chain.  Bills lose players the same week their opposition gets players back.  We have little luck in this area.

1 hour ago, Success said:

Honestly, Darnold is probably just as good w/ what they have set up there....

I disagree with this but still enjoy the irony of Mr Ghost Seer getting his first start on Halloween weekend. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Run the Tush Push they said. It's easy they said.  

The NFL is likely to use plays like this and what happens to the Giants when they lost 2 guys on a play like this to call the play "unsafe" and add restrictions IMO. 

QB sneaks have always seemed to me to be dangerous to the QB. For exactly what happened to Purdy. I wonder why teams don't do sneaks with RBs. Recall when they used to switch to the 2nd QB? I found that such a brutal concept. Here Joe, come off to bench to take a hit, then back you go. 

But I like what the Eagles are doing. Zero subtlety, all muscles. It's a few plays a game, just stop them if you can. 

15 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

QB sneaks have always seemed to me to be dangerous to the QB. For exactly what happened to Purdy. I wonder why teams don't do sneaks with RBs. Recall when they used to switch to the 2nd QB? I found that such a brutal concept. Here Joe, come off to bench to take a hit, then back you go. 

But I like what the Eagles are doing. Zero subtlety, all muscles. It's a few plays a game, just stop them if you can. 

Actually, the Panthers have done this a few times this year. They have pulled Bryce Young and let Andy Freaking Dalton come in for the QB sneak a few times. Rumor has it that they view Young as too small and not powerful enough to execute the play himself 😂

20 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

If I’m a linebacker in the NFL, I’m doing EXACTLY what that Viking LB did every time some QB tries a sneak….and it’s completely legal…for all intents and purposes he’d just be torpedoing himself into the pile, if he happens to hit the QB, oh well.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.