Purdy in Concussion Protocol. Likely OUT this weekend.

BuffaloBillyG

2 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Quite a lack of respect to a veteran!

On most of their tush plays, the Eagles OLine has pushed the pile 3-4-5 yards. Yeah, yeah, I know Hurts squats 600 pounds. But I've seen him been floating on top of the pile and/or dragged ha ha. Credit the OLine here. And Brady was THE king of QB sneaks. He just took the empty space, still the best way to do it unless you're 2 yards away like the Eagles do sometimes. 

Yeah - he's responsible for the initial push into the line - then he falls on top and his teammates push him further.  

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't disagree with any of this, but I bet at some point an All-Pro QB is eventually going to get knocked out of a game doing this.

It may not have a real measurably higher injury rate, but that optic of losing a mealticket QB will result in pressure on the league to address it. 

Same could easily be said for field surface. Imagine Mahomes lost for the season with an ACL due to the turf. Changes would go in place ASAP. 

This Purdy situation also calls on a slightly more important issue to me. We are supposed to have people on the field watching for head shots and check for concussion. There have been a few times this year where guys finished out a game and then entered the concussion protocol on Monday or Tuesday. Jimmy G comes to mind and if I recall Kincaid was another. That's the real issue they should be looking into IMO.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Well, my thought is that it's already against the rules to pull a player forward. I don't see a huge difference why a push should be allowed but a pull shouldn't. 

It used to be against the rules, but they changed it to allow it, and rightfully so. Heck, I think it should be allowed to pull them too. Why shouldn't it be?

15 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

QB sneaks have always seemed to me to be dangerous to the QB. For exactly what happened to Purdy. I wonder why teams don't do sneaks with RBs. Recall when they used to switch to the 2nd QB? I found that such a brutal concept. Here Joe, come off to bench to take a hit, then back you go. 

But I like what the Eagles are doing. Zero subtlety, all muscles. It's a few plays a game, just stop them if you can. 

The reason other players don't do it is because they don't have the experience receiving snap from the center especially in the high stress situation of a sneak. That's asking for a costly fumble.

When your Center or QB get injured you often see snap issues when the new guy comes in because they aren't as comfortable with the exchange.

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This Purdy situation also calls on a slightly more important issue to me. We are supposed to have people on the field watching for head shots and check for concussion. There have been a few times this year where guys finished out a game and then entered the concussion protocol on Monday or Tuesday. Jimmy G comes to mind and if I recall Kincaid was another. That's the real issue they should be looking into IMO.

Indeed. He was concussed and played the rest of the game! It can't be god for his health. His case was probably more obvious, we see the big hit on the replay, and then as a QB there are many close up shots of his face (and eyes). But who knows when Kincaid got his concussion besides himself?

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Run the Tush Push they said. It's easy they said.  

The NFL is likely to use plays like this and what happens to the Giants when they lost 2 guys on a play like this to call the play "unsafe" and add restrictions IMO. 

Who was pushing him? Most of that play happened before McCaffrey came in at the end 

19 hours ago, SCBills said:

Great example of you NEVER know what your schedule looks like until you play the games. 

Bengals get SF without Purdy and Deebo. 

Every team but us seem to get little breaks here and there. Us? Nooo. I don't want to be bitter, but I am feeling bitter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.