A trade is the only way to save the season

Milanos Milano

A trade for a meaningful player is so hard to do mid season.  Yes.....Davis is invisible and we need to find someone besides Diggs that can get open.  But we also need someone at one-tech that can be stout against the run and help ease the loss of Jones.  A starting CB would be great as well.  We have so many holes right now.

But there are guys on this team, namely Kincaid, that can develop into a weapon with just a little bit of creativity.  But instead, he's constantly running shallow out routes and the occasional stick route and that is the extent of his usage.  Trading for more offensive players will probably feel like banging your head against the wall because there is absolutely no creativity on offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

#1 WR to pair with Diggs. I don’t care what it takes. Next years 1st and 2nd for Evans or equivalent. 

A trade on Offense is not going to turn this into a Championship team.

We've lost our best player on 3 different levels of our Defense. Interior D-Line, Linebacker, and Cornerback. And we don't have the quality depth behind them.

We just gave up 29 on a 1-5 team. Another stud WR isn't going to make us a super powered offense that can overcome that on a week to week basis. Especially with the way the OL is playing and the performance of our OC.

Could it help? Yes. Save the season? No.

7 minutes ago, sven233 said:

A trade for a meaningful player is so hard to do mid season.  

Doubly so when we have no money this season, are 34 million over the cap next season, and need the Draft picks to replace some of the MANY FA's we have next year.

It's fun to play Madden GM and say things like "I don't care what it takes - do it". But it isn't reality.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Disagree 1

There is no trade that is going to fix this season.  It’s a problem from the top down.  We were at the doorstep during the Covid season.  Then there was 13 seconds and while no one said it vocally I think everyone in the building at 1 Bills Drive knew that, that was a superbowl caliber team that got outcoached at the worst possible time between not squibbing it and then playing god awful 13 second defense.

And ever since that game we keep running it back.  Sure we made a splash with Von Miller but the theme has largely been…..

lets get the old gang back together.  Get Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson and resign Cole Beasley and John Brown and give them shots, etc.  And the new talent that we do bring in we either don’t utilize them properly or at all.  And I’ve been super guilty of falling for it.  I love Lawson and Phillips but they aren’t it.  We finally get out from underneath Star’s contract and then throw money at Knox and Ford because the belief is we have the talent within the building to win.  But no other team in the NFL feels that way.  The top teams are constantly looking for game changing players that fit their scheme and identity and I almost feel weird saying I have no idea what our identity is.

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

We have to write off the defense at this point. But only someone to replace Davis will help Allen. 

"Only"? I'd say not running for his life the second he snaps the ball play after play and better playcalling are much more vital to helping Allen.

But those things aren't a shiny toy...

1 hour ago, MPL said:

Prior to today, I thought maybe a big acquisition before the deadline could save this season. But now I don't think 1 guy is going to do it. And the core group of this roster is toast. A lot of aging starters with big contracts that will need to be replaced in the next two years. The Bills need to be acquiring picks because the drop-off is coming fast.  

I tend to agree.  As much as I'd still like to see us go all-in this year and get Josh some more weapons, we have a number of D starters that are on the wrong side of their career. We need our draft picks (even though Beane largely wastes them).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.