10/22/23 GAMEDAY Bills at Pats* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

41 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No matter what anyone thinks about the Pats so far, every week is its own thing. You still have to take this game seriously and anyone can beat anyone in this league. Today is a good day to get the offense back on track but if we mess around and take this game lightly, we are going to be surprised. Keep tackling, fix the drops, get the run game back going and stick with it. Get back to the physicality and offensive consistency we had weeks 2-4. This game won’t be a gimme.

Why do I have to take this game seriously?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2023-24 Season Record

Blue on White 2-1

White on White 1-0

Blue on Blue 0-1

Red on Red 1-0

Historic Uniform Record (since not Navy)

Since 2011- Blue on White 44-27

Since 2011- White on White 21-28-1

Since 2012- White on White (Throwback) 8-4

Since 2012- White on Blue 16-22

Since 2014- Blue on Blue 18-9

Since 2015- Red on Red 8-2

Josh Allen Uniform Record

Blue on White 18-8

White on White 14-7-1

White on White (Throwback) 3-2

White on Blue 10-8

Blue on Blue 12-6

Red on Red 6-1

Primetime Historic Uniform Record (No Saturday Nights)

Blue on White   0-2         TNF 0-0                SNF 0-0                MNF 0-2

White on White 1-1-1     TNF 0-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1-1

White on Blue   3-3         TNF 1-2                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1

Blue on Blue     3-1         TNF 1-0                 SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1

Red on Red       2-0         TNF 1-0                SNF 2-0                MNF 0-0

Playoffs Uniform Record

Blue on White 3-0

White on White 0-1

White on Blue 0-3

Blue on Blue 1-1

1 minute ago, Mr Wild said:

2023-24 Season Record

Blue on White 2-1

White on White 1-0

Blue on Blue 0-1

Red on Red 1-0

Historic Uniform Record (since not Navy)

Since 2011- Blue on White 44-27

Since 2011- White on White 21-28-1

Since 2012- White on White (Throwback) 8-4

Since 2012- White on Blue 16-22

Since 2014- Blue on Blue 18-9

Since 2015- Red on Red 8-2

Josh Allen Uniform Record

Blue on White 18-8

White on White 14-7-1

White on White (Throwback) 3-2

White on Blue 10-8

Blue on Blue 12-6

Red on Red 6-1

Primetime Historic Uniform Record (No Saturday Nights)

Blue on White   0-2         TNF 0-0                SNF 0-0                MNF 0-2

White on White 1-1-1     TNF 0-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1-1

White on Blue   3-3         TNF 1-2                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1

Blue on Blue     3-1         TNF 1-0                 SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1

Red on Red       2-0         TNF 1-0                SNF 2-0                MNF 0-0

Playoffs Uniform Record

Blue on White 3-0

White on White 0-1

White on Blue 0-3

Blue on Blue 1-1

Where is the stat, site that logs that?  Great resource

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

Where is the stat, site that logs that?  Great resource

I got bored last year and went through Gridiron Uniform and counted up all the results

Each week I just add to it after the game. Mostly bc I find it interesting.

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams&team_id=BUF

Edited by Mr Wild
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So all week it’s been racking our brains to come up with solutions to increase the suddenness and points output of the offense.

For me, it’s a show me game. 

Is Gabe still going to play 95% of the snaps?

Are the Allen designed runs out of the offense?

Does Allen scramble?

Is there any emphasis on Kincaid?

Otherwise I assume we’ll get the same, Diggs 8-85-1, and Cook/Murray being the second punch, Harty 2-8, Shakir 1-10, and a workman like 27-13 Bills win. 

30 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

This dude really knows his x and o’s. Football is so much more complex than it seems 

I've said this before, but he's okay. Feels like he's learned the majority of his football knowledge from google as he calls things the wrong thing quite often. Doesn't seem to fully understand blocking schemes or coverages/coverage rules. Offensively he does a good job of recognizing concepts and finding a term to call it (think he's using one of the old Patriots playbooks that are out there because a lot of his terms come from their terminology), but understanding who the read is on those plays and how route progression vary based on those reads is not something he excels in. I think his offensive video's are better than the defensive ones - probably because there is more information out there on offenses than defenses? Maybe I'm just hyper-sensitive to it because I'm in it, but these videos get cringey at times.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

I've said this before, but he's okay. Feels like he's learned the majority of his football knowledge from google as he calls things the wrong thing quite often. Doesn't seem to fully understand blocking schemes or coverages/coverage rules. Offensively he does a good job of recognizing concepts and finding a term to call it (think he's using one of the old Patriots playbooks that are out there because a lot of his terms come from their terminology), but understanding who the read is on those plays and how route progression vary based on those reads is not something he excels in. I think his offensive video's are better than the defensive ones - probably because there is more information out there on offenses than defenses? Maybe I'm just hyper-sensitive to it because I'm in it, but these videos get cringey at times.

What do you think of Kurt Warner videos?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.