Desmond King available?

GustheDog33

Reports are that he will be released if not traded from the Steelers. Admittedly, I don’t know anything about him, but he was an All Pro in 2018, has return experience and plays Corner. 28 years old. The tank might be empty, but kicking the tires might be worth it. Anyone know about this guy?

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Desmond King available?
36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think Beane will have to put his big boy pants on and make a trade for a starting CB. 

It’ll be difficult I know, 99% of the league is looking for CBs. 

You keep saying critical stuff about beane you do realize that he has made some very noticeable trade acquisitions over the years

• Like (+1) 1

I mean he can play inside or outside, when I saw the Steelers might cut him he definitely came on my radar. At the very least think he'd be a better option than Josh Norman as a veteran on the PS if plan on ever calling someone up yet if using Norman as mentor to the younger CBs keep the latter since he knows our D. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

McDermitt is the corner whisperer. I really don’t worry too much about our secondary but I recognize that Elam has not played up to his draft pick but McDermott gets the most out of his corners.

I’m worried mostly about the next injury. There’s 11 games and playoffs left. We’re thin at CB now. I would love a trade that makes Dane Jackson our 3rd CB again.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m worried mostly about the next injury. There’s 11 games and playoffs left. We’re thin at CB now. I would love a trade that makes Dane Jackson our 3rd CB again.

If I’m making an acquisition, I’d like it to be for the offiense

The D is playing pretty well. We need more play makers on the other side, helping Josh out.

• Agree 3

Just now, John from Riverside said:

The D is playing pretty well. We need more play makers on the other side, helping Josh out.

I wouldn't mind a slot upgrade but the offense has the guys they wanted. It’ll take a serious decision to move away from Davis and Knox. Adding another one would probably just make people angry because he won’t play.

CB is a serious problem. We’ll see soon enough. Some big competition coming.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think Beane will have to put his big boy pants on and make a trade for a starting CB. 

That sentiment should be reverberating around their complex. Everyone’s overwhelming pick after we destroyed the unbeatable Dolphins was us. We lose our best corner and the answer if we still want it is make a deal Beane. Go for it for once.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

THIS.  McDermott made it work most of last season with Jackson, Benford, and Elam.  He made it work after Thanksgiving in 2021 with Jackson and Wallace.

If we're making a big trade, the apparent need is on offense.  Either that, or someone needs to get some "trust juice", sprinkle it into Josh Allen's eyes while he naps, and make sure the first thing he sees when they open is Kincaid, Shakir, and Harty.  Group hug so you can get Sherfield in there as well.

7 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

That sentiment should be reverberating around their complex. Everyone’s overwhelming pick after we destroyed the unbeatable Dolphins was us. We lose our best corner and the answer if we still want it is make a deal Beane. Go for it for once.

Look, I Get the sentiment, but at this point, we've not just lost our best corner, we've lost our best LB and our best 1TDT.

Yet the group that's struggling, is the offense.  Where can one top player make a difference?  On the group where you're down 3 key players but somehow holding your own?  Or on the side of the ball that's been looking inept and out-of-sorts?

Edited by Beck Water

26 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

… If we're making a big trade, the apparent need is on offense.  Either that, or someone needs to get some "trust juice", sprinkle it into Josh Allen's eyes while he naps, and make sure the first thing he sees when they open is Kincaid, Shakir, and Harty.  Group hug so you can get Sherfield in there as well. …

What Allen sees is usually the first read in whatever concept is being run on a particular play and as Allen has said, Diggs is the first read in most of their pass game concepts, Diggs frequently gets open, so it’s no surprise Josh is gonna target him more than anyone else. So I’m not sure it’s entirely a question of trust. Just the other night, we saw Josh try to go to both Davis and Sherfield who got open on deeper routes only to see them trip and fall. 

All that said, it would be nice to see other receivers be the focus more often. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Dane is already banged up and will be managing that injury all season. I don’t have an issue baptizing Elam by fire so to speak these next few weeks but the Bills could really use at least a capable depth option at corner in case Elam doesn’t turn the corner and or there is another injury 

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Dane is already banged up and will be managing that injury all season. I don’t have an issue baptizing Elam by fire so to speak these next few weeks but the Bills could really use at least a capable depth option at corner in case Elam doesn’t turn the corner and or there is another injury 

Heck, Elam is hurt also.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We should trade for a corner that has elite traits, but just hasn't put it all together yet.

Maybe a guy who had a good draft pedigree but is underperforming ... a first rounder from a recent draft would be ideal.

Take a risk and trade a premium pick for that kind of guy because the upside would be worth it.

😐

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

THIS.  McDermott made it work most of last season with Jackson, Benford, and Elam.  He made it work after Thanksgiving in 2021 with Jackson and Wallace.

If we're making a big trade, the apparent need is on offense.  Either that, or someone needs to get some "trust juice", sprinkle it into Josh Allen's eyes while he naps, and make sure the first thing he sees when they open is Kincaid, Shakir, and Harty.  Group hug so you can get Sherfield in there as well.

Look, I Get the sentiment, but at this point, we've not just lost our best corner, we've lost our best LB and our best 1TDT.

Yet the group that's struggling, is the offense.  Where can one top player make a difference?  On the group where you're down 3 key players but somehow holding your own?  Or on the side of the ball that's been looking inept and out-of-sorts?

Okay, the offense is struggling the last 2 games because Dorsey is reverting back to play calling that’s inconsistent incorporating the run game and being predictable focusing on Diggs to the exclusion of other playmakers. The reason why replacing White is important because our main remaining competition have great receivers ( Cinn, Miami Philly, Dallas and LA)and our 2 healthy corners Benford and Elam are inexperienced and inconsistent in coverage. The hope is that the offense which has been excellent in the 3 most recent wins will start getting it’s mojo soon, but the defense must be consistently effective for the Bills to go far.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.