It dawned on me tonight that out of the FIVE DIVISION WINNERS we play, we only play ONE at home

BillsFan619

I’ll start out by saying that it's not that the NFL has something against the Bills as the structure of the schedule has been out for years at this point.

When the schedule first came out, it was apparent that most of the Bills harder games were on the road. But tonight, I realized that out of FIVE games that we play against DIVISION WINNERS, we only play ONE at home. And, that one at home happens to be the easiest team of all five:

-Jags - at maximum this was a neutral field game, but it definitely wasn't a home game and most likely favored the Jags

-Bucs - our one home game

-Bengals - on the road

-Eagles - on the road

-Chiefs - on the road

And like I mentioned, it's not the NFL messing with the Bills. You could argue the "experiment" of the Jags playing two games in a row was them messing with us but some team had to play that role.

It really came down to a set of unfortunate circumstances. Since the schedule has been out for years, it came down to where teams placed last year. For instance, say the Raiders would've won the division last year. Since it was their turn to play us in OP, that would've been a division winner that we would've played in Buffalo. Or, if the Cowboys would've won the division last year, since we're playing them in OP this year, that would've been another division winner we would've played at home.

You would think with nine home and eight away games, if there was any imbalance, it would've been that we would've only played one division winner on the road. But, because of where everyone placed last year (and the London decision), we only play one division winner at home.

I'm not necessarily scared to play these teams on the road as Buffalo can beat any of them. We've beat the Chiefs twice in two years, the Eagles look very beatable and the Bengals are not the team they were last year (at least not at this point). It's just crazy that with nine home games, we only play one division winner at home.

If anyone can overcome it though, why not us. Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• BillsFan619 changed the title to It dawned on me tonight just how massive of a scheduling disadvantage the Bills have this year
2 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

No, it's not just the London game. And no, it's not that the NFL has something against the Bills as the structure of the schedule has been out for years at this point.

When the schedule first came out, it was apparent that most of the Bills harder games were on the road. But tonight, I realized that out of five games that we play against division winners, we only play one at home. And, that one at home happens to be the easiest team of all five:

-Jags - at maximum this was a neutral field game, but it definitely wasn't a home game and most likely favored the Jags

-Bengals - on the road

-Eagles - on the road

-Chiefs - on the road

And like I mentioned, it's not the NFL messing with the Bills. You could argue the "experiment" of the Jags playing two games in a row was them messing with us but some team had to play that role.

It really came down to a set of unfortunate circumstances. Since the schedule has been out for years, it came down to where teams placed last year. For instance, say the Raiders would've won the division last year. Since it was their turn to play us in OP, that would've been a division winner that we would've played in Buffalo. Or, if the Cowboys would've won the division last year, since we're playing them in OP this year, that would've been another division winner we would've played at home.

You would think with nine home and eight away games, if there was any imbalance, it would've been that we would've only played one division winner on the road. But, because of where everyone placed this year (and the London decision), we only play one division winner at home.

I'm not necessarily scared to play these teams on the road as Buffalo can beat any of them. We've beat the Chiefs twice in two years, the Eagles look very beatable and the Bengals are not the team they were last year (at least not at this point). It's just crazy that with nine home games, we only play one division winner at home.

If anyone can overcome it though, why not us. Go Bills!

Bills better get used to playing against the big dogs in the conference on the road, because we are gonna be a road team in January.

• BillsFan619 changed the title to It dawned on me tonight just HOW MASSIVE of a scheduling disadvantage the Bills have this year

This is finally the last of visiting Arrowhead every regular season. For 2024, 2025, and 2026, the Bills will face the AFC west team that matches them (has been the Chiefs for 3 years) in Buffalo (24 & 25) and then will host the Chiefs in 2026 guaranteed, when we play the AFC west again. 

Similarly, we will be at Cincinnati in 2022 (AFCN rotation), 2023, and 2024 (if we finish in the same spot as them this year, it could be @ Baltimore or Cleveland or Pittsburgh). But will then play home vs Cinci in 2025, and then potentially 2026 and 2027

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Bills better get used to playing against the big dogs in the conference on the road, because we are gonna be a road team in January.

There are 11 games still to be played.  

The Chargers have 12 games left - they probably have to win 9 to get in.  It’s possible but if they lose to KC twice…nope.  They absolutely have to beat us now.  

The AFC North is going to beat the hell out of each other.  

Cleveland and the Texans are getting annoying - talk about defense catching up with offense look at the Texans, Browns and Steelers - each .500 or better.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

There are 11 games still to be played.  

The Chargers have 12 games left - they probably have to win 9 to get in.  It’s possible but if they lose to KC twice…nope.  They absolutely have to beat us now.  

The AFC North is going to beat the hell out of each other.  

Cleveland and the Texans are getting annoying - talk about defense catching up with offense look at the Texans, Browns and Steelers - each .500 or better.  

If the Bills are LUCKY enough to get to play KC in the postseason, I promise, we will be traveling to Arrowhead again

• Like (+1) 1

It dawned on me watching Dallas with their injuries that our defense should still be better then competent with the D line we have.   

No excuses.  No feeling sorry for ourselves.  

No worrying about the schedule.  

Just win.  Get healthy.  Get in.  Get hot at the right time.  I’ll take my chances vs anyone anywhere.  

• Like (+1) 3

• BillsFan619 changed the title to It dawned on me tonight that out of the FIVE DIVISION WINNERS we play, we only play ONE at home
52 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That's a good point.  And our other Miami game is on the road too.  Who knows, maybe that'll be the one to determine the division.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, arcane said:

This is finally the last of visiting Arrowhead every regular season. For 2024, 2025, and 2026, the Bills will face the AFC west team that matches them (has been the Chiefs for 3 years) in Buffalo (24 & 25) and then will host the Chiefs in 2026 guaranteed, when we play the AFC west again. 

Similarly, we will be at Cincinnati in 2022 (AFCN rotation), 2023, and 2024 (if we finish in the same spot as them this year, it could be @ Baltimore or Cleveland or Pittsburgh). But will then play home vs Cinci in 2025, and then potentially 2026 and 2027

Thanks for sharing. Yes, totally get this and know that the schedule has been set for years.

It’s just crazy that because of where everyone placed last year (and the London decision) that we only play one division winner at home out of the five games we play against division winners this year.

You would think with nine home and eight away games, if there was any imbalance, it would've been that we would've only played one division winner on the road. But because of where everyone placed last year, along with the London decision, we get one home game against a division winner.

Like I said though, if anyone can do it, why not us. Go Bills!

7 hours ago, arcane said:

figures. Right when Miami starts to win the division anyway.

• Disagree 1

9 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

I’ll start out by saying that it's not that the NFL has something against the Bills as the structure of the schedule has been out for years at this point.

When the schedule first came out, it was apparent that most of the Bills harder games were on the road. But tonight, I realized that out of FIVE games that we play against DIVISION WINNERS, we only play ONE at home. And, that one at home happens to be the easiest team of all five:

-Bengals - on the road

-Eagles - on the road

-Chiefs - on the road

Look, we had the Bengals at our place and looked pathetic. Sunday night we were playing at home and almost lost to the lowly Giants.

We need to get right with the fact that it doesn't matter where the game is played in the NFL these days, because it seems to not matter much.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

If the Bills are LUCKY enough to get to play KC in the postseason, I promise, we will be traveling to Arrowhead again

KC is a good matchup for us now that they don't have a WR compliment to Kelce this season. Also our rushing defense looks pretty good so think we could keep Pacheco in check. Now the question is if KC's defense as good as they've appeared to be thus far. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.