Hunter Renfrow

Buffalo_Stampede

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 7:42 AM, Virgil said:

I don't think our personnel is the problem.  Sherfield was good on the Dolphins.  Harty gets open.  Davis (matter of opinion on here).  Dorsey doesn't know how to call plays for anyone besides Diggs.  

Unless we are playing the Dolphins, which Josh just owns, changing anything besides Dorsey isn't going to matter

Yep, personnel isn’t the problem.  It’s just a bad scheme.

11 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I'm puzzled by the decline of Hunter Renfrow. He played great in the slot with Carr, but he seems to have been phased out of the offense this year.

He's only 28, but he has a $13 Million cap hit this season, making a trade to any team difficult. 

He only costs 6 if traded.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I just have no interest in trying to recreate Cole Beasley constantly. 

But our offense was at its best when we had Beasley in his prime and could stay in 11 personnel constantly. Right now we're trying to use 3 players for that one role and it's making our offense a lot less smooth than it should be. Too many substitutions, too much having to adjust play calling to match the personnel on the field. Diggs/Davis/Renfrow/Kincaid/Cook or Murray is a solid group for 11 personnel that you could keep on the field for an entire drive if you wanted to. Allen has always been better when our offense is up tempo. We just don't have the personnel right now to run that style of offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

But our offense was at its best when we had Beasley in his prime and could stay in 11 personnel constantly. Right now we're trying to use 3 players for that one role and it's making our offense a lot less smooth than it should be. Too many substitutions, too much having to adjust play calling to match the personnel on the field. Diggs/Davis/Renfrow/Kincaid/Cook or Murray is a solid group for 11 personnel that you could keep on the field for an entire drive if you wanted to. Allen has always been better when our offense is up tempo. We just don't have the personnel right now to run that style of offense.

What would our offense look like with George Pickens as the #2 WR? 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills dont need another guy to add to the heap of JAGs who they are trying to make a slot wideout.   He's had one good season in five years, and on average isnt as productive as Gabe Davis.   For what you'd be on the hook for over two years, plus the draft pick, you're better off trying to bring in Hopkins or Jeudy.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Pickens ain’t available

Yes thank you for pointing that out. 

My point is instead of collecting another over-achieving 5’10” lunch pail scrub, this team needs another high traits boundary WR with some real R1 size and skill. 

We’ve plateaued offensively because we added Diggs in 2020 and stopped.

Elite TALENT. 

I’ve said it on here since Emmanuel Sanders.

We can up the tempo, harp on execution, utilize Kincaid, but where is another natural playmaker coming from? 

Great draft up coming for WRs.

Gabe Davis has become such a sacred cow at OBD it’s like how did we ever play football without him? 

45 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I just have no interest in trying to recreate Cole Beasley constantly. 

Josh needs an outlet that he can trust and that's something Beasley gave him outside of Diggs and to a lesser degree Knox. I'm all for finding another one but not at Renfrow's salary. 

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

A souped up Gabe that can’t separate?

Well Greg Cosell loved him coming out of the draft, and right away he started to produce.

He’s on pace for 1,400+ yards with Kenny Pickett and Johnson injured for much of the year, Freiermuth hurt now, and a mediocre run game. 

No interest in signing Gabe Davis to be a long term #2 when you inherit all the negatives with hands and dependence on deep plays. 

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

My point is instead of collecting another over-achieving 5’10” lunch pail scrub, this team needs another high traits boundary WR with some real R1 size and skill. 

I completely agree a superior outside WR, preferably Hopkins, would be the best possible move we could make right now. That doesn't mean we shouldn't look for other ways to improve the offense though.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Josh needs an outlet that he can trust and that's something Beasley gave him outside of Diggs and to a lesser degree Knox. I'm all for finding another one but not at Renfrow's salary. 

Isn’t that what Beane said Dalton Kincaid is for? 

Why not just develop the 4.43 WR you drafted last year? 

We’ve got 85 slot guys.

We are short outside WRs.

If it’s just bringing in another dump off option, don’t bother. 

Just keep developing Kincaid and Shakir. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.