It's a "W"

Wizard

I am at a loss for words about how poorly this game went, yet it's still a "W."

We saw the 49ers and Eagles lose.

The good news is that the Chiefs, Bengals, Dolphins, Ravens, and Jacksonville are all very flawed teams.

The bad news is we are a really good team about 50% of the time.

Hopefully the games that matter the most for playoff seeding and playoffs will look like how we played Miami.

More questions than answers on this offense. It's really good or really bad. Shoot, even Bass-O-Matic had to be inconsistent tonight.

Still, it's a "W" 😕

Edited by Wizard
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

It’s a win but it’s hard not to look at our issues and how they project going forward. 

We narrowly beat one of the worst teams in the league and our offense looks like it can’t do much of anything. At least the defense has an excuse for having shortcomings. Can’t really think of any for the offense which makes it even more frustrating 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It’s a win but it’s hard not to look at our issues and how they project going forward. 

We narrowly beat one of the worst teams in the league and our offense looks like it can’t do much of anything. At least the defense has an excuse for having shortcomings. Can’t really think of any for the offense which makes it even more frustrating 

hey - the Chiefs fans were probably saying mostly the same thing about 72 hours ago!

• Agree 1

I don't think we can win a SB with Dorsey at the helm, he's not creative, the shotgun run play was a friggin joke, he doesn't run the ball enough, he doesn't adjust in game, did we run a single screen pass other than the 1st TD to Harty? I don't feel good about where we're at, how do you only score 14 on a team with literally half the starters out? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The 49ers lost to the Browns today.  So you can never take a win for granted.  With that being said I think a lot of the fire that you get from this board isn’t about today or tomorrow or even next week.

During the drought years I lived and died each Sunday with this team.  I couldn’t even think about the playoffs, getting there was accomplishment enough.  But this team is different.  They are in their Super Bowl window so when you are struggling mightily with the same things each week that’s the concern.  Our offense has problems.  This isn’t a playoff offense.  You can’t run shotgun draws with your season on the line.  You can’t line up in shotgun on 3rd and short.  You can’t be inches away from the goalline and come out in pistol.  You can’t abandon the run game and suddenly remember it 2 quarters later.  That doesn’t win playoff games.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

It stinks tremendously. Neither Gabe or Knox have taken a step forward with arguably the most fun QB in the league. James Cook once again looked explosive however

Has he been the most fun QB in the league this year? I feel like he's either been hand-cuffed or is is finally heeding advice to stop putting himself in harms way. I suspect the former.  I'd prefer the latter - fully acknowledging it could jeopardize a season.

16 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You sound like you would be happier if they lost. Bang head too much?

• Haha (+1) 1

As I stated in the 2nd half thread. The 1990 Bills which went 13-3 and went to the Super Bowl beat a 1-15 Patriots team that year 14-0. We were 8-1 coming into that game and the Patriots were 1-8. They held off our no huddle offense all game. And we are talking about the greatest Bills team ever and one of the Bills greatest offenses ever. These games happen. The Chiefs have been off all season as well. We have at least blown some teams out. I don't think the Chiefs have at all yet. This game was not pretty and at the end felt like a drought era Bills game but I guarantee you, the drought era Bills teams lose that game. Let's just be happy we came away with the W

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

They will say a win is a win and it's hard to win in this league...but we have eyes. This one stinks 

And it was Taylor's clock-management idiocy that gave us the win.  

13 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

I know it was ugly, but it counts all the same. I bet the Eagles and 49ers would have preferred an ugly win today.

The question boils down to whether Dorsey can string three, maybe even four good games together, in order to achieve the ultimate goal. 

If we posted a poll, I don't think he'd have too many believers.  

• Like (+1) 1

After last week's performance, I'm definitely concerned.

Quarters 1-3 of both games: 10 combined points. 1 TD and 1 FG... through 6 quarters.

4th Quarter of both games: 27 combined points. 4 TDs through 2 quarters. 

Craziest part is that our defense is the unit suffering from all the terrible injuries to key players. The offense doesn't have the same excuse.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Casual fan said:

I wake up this morning and I says to myself, I bet they're complaining it wasn't a winny enough win.

Sure enough plenty are. Oh Lord you guys are spoiled.

pffft

They won. No complaining.

This is where i'm at. I'm confident the offense will snap out of whatever's going on at some point.

The OL is still playing better than last year, the run game is improved. Whatever is going on is between Allen and Dorsey

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.