The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

One other thing is Josh can't compete a long pass to save his neck this year.    Seems to overthrow them by 5 yards.

Most talented QB in the game.........not the most prepared.    His natural accuracy on deep balls used to be bad..........he worked on it in the offseason after 2020 and and got much better.    He finished 2021 dropping dimes in the bucket to Gabe Davis and has since chosen rest over training the past two offseason and he's regressed in that regard.    Hopefully he's just still in "spring training" arm mode and will find his touch as the season goes on but as @GunnerBill noted he is not making good pass type/trajectory decisions and when he IS putting air under the ball it's not ending up where it should for an elite QB in his prime.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

I'm a little late to the party, but I have to agree. Something is wrong with this offense since mid season 2022. 5 straight games with 25 points or less and that's not even against the best defenses in the league. I'd be happy if they made Brady the interim OC starting today. I know there is no chance of that, but there are some major problems with Dorsey right now.

• Like (+1) 1

I've waffled back and forth on whether it's warranted to actually fire Dorsey, but the difference between our hurry up offense and what we look like when Dorsey has time to sit back and call plays is undeniable.

I'm not qualified to say if Dorsey's scheme isn't being executed properly.  I don't know how you can look at our team and say we are playing to our strengths though. 

He's got to go at this point, and if nothing changes then McDermott should be on the hot seat.  I think he's a good coach but whatever he's doing isn't working anymore.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Realist said:

I'm a little late to the party, but I have to agree. Something is wrong with this offense since mid season 2022. 5 straight games with 25 points or less and that's not even against the best defenses in the league. I'd be happy if they made Brady the interim OC starting today. I know there is no chance of that, but there are some major problems with Dorsey right now.

Mike Shula strikes me as a more likely candidate if this were to happen. He has been an OC for 11 seasons and worked as OC while McDermott was the DC in Carolina. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ShulMi0.htm

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I've waffled back and forth on whether it's warranted to actually fire Dorsey, but the difference between our hurry up offense and what we look like when Dorsey has time to sit back and call plays is undeniable.

I'm not qualified to say if Dorsey's scheme isn't being executed properly.  I don't know how you can look at our team and say we are playing to our strengths though. 

He's got to go at this point, and if nothing changes then McDermott should be on the hot seat.  I think he's a good coach but whatever he's doing isn't working anymore.  

I’m in this camp too. Plus the camp Allen is a bit too interested in outside influences. Remember, he & very long time gf broke up the night before the home playoff game. His disinterest in the game was vivid. Then there’s everything surrounding the Madden cover hype and his boyish good looks with the new shaggy haircut. Just look at our schedule! We’re playing in front of national television audiences nearly every week! The recent team success with him as the staring performer is very intoxicating for the fans of the team. Imagine what it’s doing to him! But this will dramatically change next season. I’m fairly certain network producers are already cringing at their overexposure of him and the Bills. Buffalo vs. Denver on MNF? Perish the thought! We can now start planning Sundays next year, knowing we’ll have at least 12 1:00pm games. The spotlight is already dimming big time! 
I’m fairly confident this, the return of our horribly injured players, saying goodbye to others who’ve performed well but are digressing, a new OC and Josh having real time to reflect on this avalanche of attention with its repercussions, will create a hungry, under the radar team.

I’m hopeful anyway.

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it 64 straight years - “JUST WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!’..

26 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m in this camp too. Plus the camp Allen is a bit too interested in outside influences. Remember, he & very long time gf broke up the night before the home playoff game. His disinterest in the game was vivid. Then there’s everything surrounding the Madden cover hype and his boyish good looks with the new shaggy haircut. Just look at our schedule! We’re playing in front of national television audiences nearly every week! The recent team success with him as the staring performer is very intoxicating for the fans of the team. Imagine what it’s doing to him! But this will dramatically change next season. I’m fairly certain network producers are already cringing at their overexposure of him and the Bills. Buffalo vs. Denver on MNF? Perish the thought! We can now start planning Sundays next year, knowing we’ll have at least 12 1:00pm games. The spotlight is already dimming big time! 
I’m fairly confident this, the return of our horribly injured players, saying goodbye to others who’ve performed well but are digressing, a new OC and Josh having real time to reflect on this avalanche of attention with its repercussions, will create a hungry, under the radar team.

I’m hopeful anyway.

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it 64 straight years - “JUST WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!’..

I don't want to speculate on anyone's personal lives, the players are people with hardships, loss, conflict, sorrow, etc... just like anyone else. While it can effect the on the field product, it doesn't seem fair to punish or reprimand them for it.  

I firmly believe that the major difference maker outside of QB (where the true talent pool is miniscule) is the coaching.  Every team is basically filled with JAGs, and it the coach's job to elevate them.  Dorsey is too predictable, and as a result the execution seems to be suffering. That's my take anyways.

Bottom line: He should be shown the door today. 

Edited by Bruffalo
  • Agree 1

The way it feels and sounds now it's not complicated anymore, fire Dorsey make Brady the interim play caller with those other offensive minds you brought in to help, or have one of them do it. Either way it makes a change that is necessary it's not like we're changing the offense just who's calling plays Dorsey ain't it in that regard for sure.

• Agree 1

Looks like Dorsey is finished…the post-game comments by Allen and especially McDermott point in only one direction.  I think they look at the tape today and make the announcement tomorrow.  It’s not too late to salvage something from this season, but changes have to be made now.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Looks like Dorsey is finished…the post-game comments by Allen and especially McDermott point in only one direction.  I think they look at the tape today and make the announcement tomorrow.  It’s not too late to salvage something from this season, but changes have to be made now.

What were the post game comments? I went to bed as soon as the bleep show ended 

15 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I don't want to speculate on anyone's personal lives, the players are people with hardships, loss, conflict, sorrow, etc... just like anyone else. While it can effect the on the field product, it doesn't seem fair to punish or reprimand them for it.  

I firmly believe that the major difference maker outside of QB (where the true talent pool is miniscule) is the coaching.  Every team is basically filled with JAGs, and it the coach's job to elevate them.  Dorsey is too predictable, and as a result the execution seems to be suffering. That's my take anyways.

Bottom line: He should be shown the door today. 

Who’s punishing and reprimanding anyone? Man! You missed my well thought out response completely!🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Black Widow Avengers GIF

Just now, Steptide said:

What were the post game comments? I went to bed as soon as the bleep show ended 

For example, when McDermott was asked why the team abandoned the no-huddle he said he had no idea and “would have to look into that”. He made some other comments that seemed to point the finger at Dorsey…

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Who’s punishing and reprimanding anyone? Man! You missed my well thought out response completely!🤦‍♂️

I'm not accusing you of doing so, but you do see a lot of talk out there about "Hollywood Josh" and all that. I don't think it's warranted. 

3 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Dorsey bizarrely calling a reverse flea flicker where Josh threw it to noone.

Dorsey called that play to make it APPEAR he has some creativity or thought.

In the end, you don't call a big arm FLEE FLICKER that close to the end zone!! There's not enough room.

How long does it take to realize that Murry is a good support?  He can pass block for Josh, run the ball, run block for Josh. D doesn't know what kind of play it will be. I like Cook but the aggressive CIN DL needed Murry. Took 3Q to figure this out.

• Agree 2

What I see is that Dorsey has no plan B!

The Bills build good rushing attacks in the Raiders, Commanders, and Dolphins games, and when the Jags go to an 8-man box he has no answer. 

The Buffalo offense showed that with Allen under center while actually running the ball the offense was very effective and explosive.

Rush against the Jaguars, 14 rushes for 29 yards and the one rushing TD was by the QB.  No plan B!

Rush against the Bengals, 16 rushes for 68 yards and the one TD by the QB...again. QB Josh Allen 8 attempts for 44 yards. This means the Buffalo RBs had 8 attempts all game, 6 for Cook, and 2 for Murray.  Buffalo had 2 turnovers and only had 23:22 min time of possession. 

QB Josh Allen should make ANY OC look good. All he needs is help with a decent run game and Dorsey can't seem to do that for him every game. What good is an OC who refuses to even try to find ways to have his RBs... you know..actually run the ball! 

Time for a change! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

It's time. We can find someone to take over play calling easy enough, there's no shortage of guys that would throw their hat in the ring to call plays for JA. 

Its not like Ken is some mastermind that's been "coaching" up these guys the last few years. He was basically given the keys to the Ferrari and can't figure out how to put it in gear is what it feels like.

A new guy could be the breath of fresh air we need, might even bring some experience given the right selection. I honestly think Josh needs a teacher and maybe Ken is not that guy. It would be addition by subtraction minimally, I see nothing but upside.