Giants @ Bills Postgame thread

Simon

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Daboll had them fired up. They played with an edge.

Teams seem to do that against us to get in our heads…I’ve been noticing that the last few years.  I’m pretty sure that big scrum was started because the giants d was starting to lose control of the game though and it was pretty brilliant 

7 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

How much of the lousy offense tonight was due to Daboll knowing our offense?

I think, A Lot.  Not just Daboll, but keep in mind they have Bobby Johnson who has some scoop on tendencies of players like Mitch Morse and Dion Dawkins, and Shea Tierney.  And Daboll probably has a road map to Josh Allen's psyche.

That may be an under-appreciated factor with the Jags too, given they have two former Bills coaches on staff.

2 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Yup.  O line is clearly a struggle.  Probably not going to change a whole lot this season.  Hoppfully they can start to get it together.   ??

I’m fine with keepin guys in to help if the pass blocking is gonna hold up lol but in the last two games it just hasn’t been doing that. 

some of tonight was def the giants having our ex oline coach id say…and the defense was well prepared on a few of those plays 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

We got lucky. REAL lucky. 

That last playcall should've just been a handoff or sneak, but even still it looked like the play was there. Then another miracle - Johnson doesn't get called for a pretty blatant hold, and time thankfully expires. 

And that says nothing about our own ineptitude on the last drive, capping it off with a missed FG. Literally every other team in the league put up more points against the Giants than we did. Blah...

• Agree 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Teams seem to do that against us to get in our heads…I’ve been noticing that the last few years.  I’m pretty sure that big scrum was started because the giants d was starting to lose control of the game though and it was pretty brilliant 

The Bills are frequently favorites and bad to mediocre teams try to start ***** when they are big underdogs. I don’t think it works as the refs blow the whistle more when one team is instigating 

45 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

C'mon, what should have been an easy throw was badly underthrown. Josh is not perfect, and it was a worse throw than a bad catch.

I disagree.  Yes the pass was under thrown but in the NFL and even college football that has to be caught. You can't expect Allen to make perfect throws on every play.  He was 11/12 in the 2nd half with that being the only incompletion.  I watched a lot of college & NFL games this weekend and I saw guys regularly making much harder catches.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m fine with keepin guys in to help if the pass blocking is gonna hold up lol but in the last two games it just hasn’t been doing that. 

some of tonight was def the giants having our ex oline coach id say…and the defense was well prepared on a few of those plays 

This game I thought the offensive line played fine enough to win. That Gabe Davis fumble and the Josh INT along with some drops really hurt the Bills chance to get offensive momentum. 

I will say this the defense was impressive, they made the big plays when they needed to. Dorian Williams and Bernard held up at LB while the defensive line forced the Giants into a game plan that was focused on quick throws and QB movement. Outside of a few trap plays they adjusted to quickly the ground game of the Giants was cut down to size: 

This game shouldn’t have been this close but a win is a win

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.