Bills COO and senior VP fired

Dablitzkrieg

13 hours ago, K-Apps said:

Yeah it was addressed all right. "Brazen in London"  indeed.  It's a boring title but I think the premise has Hollywood Potential.  2 NFL execs being exposed a an away game in London. ..

Kind of a mix between Draft Day and Indecent Proposal

😉

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

maybe next time Terry should hire someone qualified for the job and not his personal financial advisor

The guy was an analyst and then portfolio manager at Fidelity from 1999 through 2023. He has an MBA from MIT and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. That's not a personal financial advisor or broker. This is the top of the profession in asset management. It is the financial world's equivalent of being a starting NFL QB.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea that is the business risk point though - which I have accepted in response to @Coach Tuesday is a legitimate concern (although I think this is an extreme caution approach). The comment of mine you responded to though was not that, it was about optics. 

I’m thinking of it more from a cultural perspective.  My sense here is that there isn’t a great deal of concern about the optics of two employees dating. There is, however, a great deal of touchiness about the power dynamic and the power imbalance. Maybe one could characterize that as an optical thing, I suppose.  No matter, over here, at least in the circles in which I travel, intraoffice relationships are a large and shining “no-no” because of the risk involved to employee, employer, and bottom line. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

In and of itself two bosses having a relationship isn't grounds for  "harassment" claims for others (your claim).  If the company has a rule against it, then they broke a company rule, then then broke a rule.  Simple as that.

If you had decades of experience here, you would understand that--or at least be able to articulate why you disagree. 

Nobody claimed that the relationship itself is grounds for a harassment claim.  Never change, @Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, wettlaufer said:

The guy was an analyst and then portfolio manager at Fidelity from 1999 through 2023. He has an MBA from MIT and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. That's not a personal financial advisor or broker. This is the top of the profession in asset management. It is the financial world's equivalent of being a starting NFL QB.

Yup.  And when somebody walks into Fidelity with a few hundred million or a few billion dollars to put to work, I highly, HIGHLY doubt that anyone but the all-star touches the account.  This guy probably has made Terry a LOT of money over the years.  

16 minutes ago, kickedface said:

if they are looking for another coo with no sports or even coo experience who won't hook up with a co worker, i'm ready to roll. where do i send my resume? 

I thought the same thing, short of the resume point.  How the eff hard is it to find people who will grind, follow the rules, and protect the bottom line?  It’s one bonehead after another over there.  I don’t get it.  The really troubling thing is that the people who are supposed to set the standard, and to say “no,” are the ones causing the problems. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Nobody claimed that the relationship itself is grounds for a harassment claim.  Never change, @Mr. WEO

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Have you ever worked for a professional company?  You're outing yourself as someone who has never had to sit through a manager-level HR training program (good for you, they suck). The risk that other employees would bring harassment claims and point to that relationship as evidence of a lackadaisical workplace culture (or worse). 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

She brings an unlawful termination claim and a sexual harassment claim.  She includes allegations in her lawsuit about the "toxic culture" at the company, citing as evidence the fact that the chief risk officers at the company - the two people with the most responsibility for ensuring that the workplace is fair and harassment-free - are openly having an affair,.

you claimed it was evidence of harassment in and of itself---twice---saying it could be used as such in harassment claims, even as evidence of  "toxic" behavior.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

you claimed it was evidence of harassment in and of itself---twice---saying it could be used as such in harassment claims, even as evidence of  "toxic" behavior.

Yes - along with the openness of it, if it wasn't disclosed properly, and/or is in violation of company policy.  Stop it.

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Buffalo Bills website has not been updated yet. 

Most corporations will get their website updated ready to be released when changes made.

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/front-office-roster/

I wonder if Bills are starting having leaks again.

in this case it is usually the person themselves. i learned this a few years ago and was reminded by it.

back in the day a lot of the leaks were directly from Whaley who would be shitfaced or just give up information. Marrone, the Ryans, a few others would leak stuff frequently.

also, one of the guys let go back over the summer was a big leaker. i forgot his name.

20 minutes ago, muppy said:

Yeah it was addressed all right. "Brazen in London"  indeed.  It's a boring title but I think the premise has Hollywood Potential.  2 NFL execs being exposed a an away game in London. ..

Kind of a mix between Draft Day and Indecent Proposal

😉

if you only knew about the ***** Whaley did. And Russ Brandon.

...then again, many do.

...but few realize that it was WELL known. I dated a girl briefly from Grand Island who would often see Brandon out there with interns/young ladies trying to be inconspicuous.

14 minutes ago, boyst said:

if you only knew about the ***** Whaley did. And Russ Brandon.

...then again, many do.

...but few realize that it was WELL known. I dated a girl briefly from Grand Island who would often see Brandon out there with interns/young ladies trying to be inconspicuous.

This news doesn't shock me . I have been told some stories that were first hand knowledge of all sorts of .. shall I say daliances..okay Hookups between married players and women. Why not NFL execs too. That may be tawdry but humans are gonna human. It's a story as old as time.

Edited by muppy

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No one is disputing that--it's not germane to the discussion.

Sure it is.  Who cares if these 2 were fired?  And they were fired with cause, no less.

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Everyone is replaceable.  Some people are easier to replace than others.  Finding someone with the former GC’s level of experience is going to be a snap.  Easy pickings.  Can be done within the hour.  If she didn’t realize that, then shame on her. 

Yup.  And he's got no experience so...

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Is it? Why? If the relationship is entirely consensual and not affecting them doing their jobs what is the problem?

If you have to ask that question you obviously don’t manage staff at any level.   

Even if the whole world knows it’s consensual, the subordinate can still sue stating they were taken advantage of etc and in many circumstances win. I know of a case where they LI e together for years, have several children and she still sued and won.  Crazy

Plus the boss and a subordinate will ALWAYS make people feel like they are second fiddle and create tensions for assignments, promotions etc. and typically leads to mother lawsuits and claims. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

If you have to ask that question you obviously don’t manage staff at any level.   

Even if the whole world knows it’s consensual, the subordinate can still sue stating they were taken advantage of etc and in many circumstances win. I know of a case where they LI e together for years, have several children and she still sued and won.  Crazy

Plus the boss and a subordinate will ALWAYS make people feel like they are second fiddle and create tensions for assignments, promotions etc. and typically leads to mother lawsuits and claims. 

I do manage staff. I don't get involved in their personal lives. It isn't my business to.

What did she sue for? Cos I used to advise on employment law (albeit in the UK not the USA). I know pretty well what a court is likely to hold creates a liability.

Edited by GunnerBill

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes - along with the openness of it, if it wasn't disclosed properly, and/or is in violation of company policy.  Stop it.

I just wanted to get that straight.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Sure it is.  Who cares if these 2 were fired?  And they were fired with cause, no less.

Yup.  And he's got no experience so...

pointing out that "all employees are replaceable" is not responsive to the issues being discussed specifically.

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I do manage staff. I don't get involved in their personal lives. It isn't my business to.

What did she sue for? Cos I used to advise on employment law (albeit in the UK not the USA). I know pretty well what a court is likely to hold creates a liability.

You can't let your manager date his underlings -- that isn't normal and is not appropriate in a corporate setting. A small business setting it could be a different scenario so every situation is different but this is corporate we are talking about and there is no way in hell that is going to fly at the highest level because as someone already state it opens the organization up to liability.

Edited by BillsFan692

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.