Ian Rap: Milano has a fractured leg and most likely additional knee damage. Likely season ending

Roundybout

2 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

BTW when will be there be official news on Milano's injury? I don't get it. We have just "broken leg", which could mean many different parts of the leg. Hopefully, it's just a bone break, no knee damage. He could be back in 8-10 weeks. Which still sucks but much better than season ending (or worse...)

I only saw him wincing in pain during the TV broadcast. But have no clue how it happened.

I would guess later today.  

I'm holding my breath on the MRI.  Obviously, if it's an ACL, we don't see him again until next fall.  But if it's just the fracture - there is a great chance he's back by the end of season/playoffs. That would be huge.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They barely showed replays at all, I think they forgot half their cameras in the States.

I think there were plenty of cameras. Showed some good angles but NFL Network did a horrible job on the broadcast. No replays...no explanation on Davis TD being called back. They were as bad as the refs yesterday

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

Here's what I've heard:

On Jones - No surprise but right now the team is assuming a torn pec. MRI still to come but that's the initial prognosis. This means likely done for the season but a small chance he could return very late in the season if he has surgery.

On Milano - The bad news is surgery is expected which means he's done for the year no matter what. He apparently has a broken tibia which is a 5-6 month recovery.

One possible sliver of good news on Milano is that his knee appears to be intact. The MCL appears to be just strained/sprained which would be good news in the realm of possible outcomes. However Milano is still in London - he couldn't fly back with the team - and he will get a 2nd look at the knee when he's back in the US. So as with a lot of initial injury news this prognosis could change after further evaluation (like Von Miller last year).

If the initial prognosis of no structural knee or ACL damage is correct, his road to recovery for 2024 is pretty cut and dry. Tibia fracture recovery doesn't typically have a lot of complications because blood supply is good in that area. And in general broken bones don't have major re-injury risks or production drop offs after returning, like torn ACLs sometimes do.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 20

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's what I've heard:

On Jones - No surprise but right now the team is assuming a torn pec. MRI still to come but that's the initial prognosis. This means likely done for the season but a small chance he could return very late in the season if he has surgery.

On Milano - The bad news is surgery is expected which means he's done for the year no matter what. He apparently has a broken tibia which is a 5-6 month recovery.

One possible sliver of good news on Milano is that his knee appears to be intact. The MCL appears to be just strained/sprained which would be good news in the realm of possible outcomes. However Milano is still in London - he couldn't fly back with the team - and he will get a 2nd look at the knee when he's back in the US. So as with a lot of initial injury news this prognosis could change after further evaluation (like Von Miller last year).

If the initial prognosis of no structural knee or ACL damage is correct, his road to recovery for 2024 is pretty cut and dry. Tibia fracture recovery doesn't typically have a lot of complications because blood supply is good in that area. And in general broken bones don't have major re-injury risks or production drop offs after returning, like torn ACLs sometimes do.

Ugh - didn't realize that about the fracture part of it.  I thought if the MRI came out okay, we might stand a chance of getting him back for the playoffs.

Well, if he's gone for the season - it's better now than in December.  Williams will have plenty of time to get up to speed.

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Ugh - didn't realize that about the fracture part of it.  I thought if the MRI came out okay, we might stand a chance of getting him back for the playoffs.

Well, if he's gone for the season - it's better now than in December.  Williams will have plenty of time to get up to speed.

I thought Williams and Dodson looked pretty good. They need to be locked in going forward. Enormous shoes to fill.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's what I've heard:

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated! 

Do your sources have any indication on possibly how Mcd or the Front office is feeling towards the sports science conclusions re the travel ?  I know hindsight is 20/20 but today I hear Baltimore is already headed over to spend the week. I’m just curious to know if anyone feels really pissed off by it or taking more of the learn from it kinda attitude. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

September chanps

season Is over

miami takes division - maybe we hit a wildcard but I feel the wheels come off.

The only thing we know for certain is that nobody critical to the success of the  Dolphins could possibly sustain an injury.

52 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Do your sources have any indication on possibly how Mcd or the Front office is feeling towards the sports science conclusions re the travel ?  I know hindsight is 20/20 but today I hear Baltimore is already headed over to spend the week. I’m just curious to know if anyone feels really pissed off by it or taking more of the learn from it kinda attitude. 

Nothing that I've heard. Most of what I hear is on injuries and sometimes low-level signings.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated! 

In his presser, McD was asked about their travel and he admitted it is something that needs to be looked at moving forward.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

The Super Bowl is 125 days from now. That’s 18 weeks. Let’s say Mahomes breaks his ankle and Tyreek Hill tears his ACL and we make it. Is Milano still going to be recovering? 

In the very best case scenario, that would be the very first week or so of full physical activity after a tibial fracture.  I can't really see a scenario where he plays before next season.

Edited by TheBrownBear

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.