Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I just love this. Last week the coaches were genius and really did their homework. This week they lost so they "never come prepared"

I never said anything of the sort. I don't believe in our coaches. Anyone here can attest to this. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I didn’t see/hear any of the post game pressers, but I'm wondering if any of the players or coaches used jetlag as an excuse. Anybody know if they did?

Considering how the game played out, I think they were probably somewhat honest about having too slow a start, but I doubt they made an excuse, it's just not how they do things.

12 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I mean… 5 home playoff games and only 2 road games in the last 3 seasons.  But yeah, gonna be an uphill climb with all these injuries and anyone saying otherwise is fooling themselves.  IMO of course :)

Okay. When/if we are playing in Arrowhead this year, we will all point to stupid ***** games like this. 

• Agree 1

Trying to look at the bright side, 

just 4 weeks ago i was convinced we had a stud linebacker and a huge question mark that we would have to gameplan around. Well, even after today, we have one stud linebacker and a huge question mark to gameplan around. 

Losing Jones SUCKS. But Von, Groot, Floyd, Epenesa, Oliver are not hurt long-term, and hopefully can stay healthy down the stretch. that is a MUCH better pool of DL talent than has been available during any of 2020, 2021, 2022. 

Losing Tre sucks, but we are pretty used to not having an elite player in that spot. There hasn't been one there in 2 calendar years. 

Our OL is better than any of those seasons as well. They were NOT great today, but they have NOT been anywhere near as awful as the worst games from those seasons. 

We have a nice stretch of games here to regroup. And we have Josh Allen

Get to 11 wins and get these guys to January mostly intact, and anything can happen

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Ridley is 28...what's your point? 

CB 1-2 are out.  Who else would you have trusted 1v1?  It was the right call.  Perfect pass and catch. 

Everyone knew Miller would only play a limited amount of snaps today, it's not breaking news.  It's his first game back. 

You don't risk it all in week 5.

The real blame here is on two things.  Execution, which we didn't do. 

The NFL using us as a Guinea Pig to see how bad jet lag effects one team over another. 

Partly true here but not the whole picture. Let me try to clarify. 

Ridley was killing the Bills all game. I'm not coach but as a fan I know you have to take away their best player. I just wouldn't have let Ridley beat me. I think a New England coach would agree. Now what play or scheme that is I don't know. I can say no matter the play it seemed unlikely the Bills were gonna stop the Jags. It was just that kinda day. 

Regards to Miller. That's a head scratcher to activate Miller so he could play 5 plays. That's beyond being limited as you said. No one was advocating the Bills take unnecessary risks with Von. No one implied this either. It's simple you don't activate a player to play 5 plays. If Von didn't feel right or something like that then I get it. There are no reports of this being the case. 

Agree that the Bills didn't execute. As a fan I just can't get a grip on this offense. Something just seems off.

I watch the 49ers, Lions, and Dolphins play and say to myself now there are offenses. Offenses with half the QB the Bills have. Besides Diggs the Bills have no one reliable. 

The league didn't do any favors having the Jags on a back to back in London. However, that's only half the story. The Bills travel schedule was a huge mistake. That's not on the league. The Bills were sleep walking through much of the game. Allen a day or two before talked about how tired he was. McD when asked implied it didn't work.

Bottom line is the Bills weren't ready to play. A pretty common theme for at least a game or two under the McD era. Bad game will happen but being unprepared and not ready to play is unacceptable. That's not on the league. It's on the coaching staff and players. 

34 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Losses like this are why we haven’t been playing too many home playoff games in OP

The Bills played two of them last year. We all know what happened.

Question: Why does Zac Moss look so good now not in a Bills uniform? 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Partly true here but not the whole picture. Let me try to clarify. 

Ridley was killing the Bills all game. I'm not coach but as a fan I know you have to take away their best player. I just wouldn't have let Ridley beat me. I think a New England coach would agree. Now what play or scheme that is I don't know. I can say no matter the play it seemed unlikely the Bills were gonna stop the Jags. It was just that kinda day. 

Regards to Miller. That's a head scratcher to activate Miller so he could play 5 plays. That's beyond being limited as you said. No one was advocating the Bills take unnecessary risks with Von. No one implied this either. It's simple you don't activate a player to play 5 plays. If Von didn't feel right or something like that then I get it. There are no reports of this being the case. 

Agree that the Bills didn't execute. As a fan I just can't get a grip on this offense. Something just seems off.

I watch the 49ers, Lions, and Dolphins play and say to myself now there are offenses. Offenses with half the QB the Bills have. Besides Diggs the Bills have no one reliable. 

The league didn't do any favors having the Jags on a back to back in London. However, that's only half the story. The Bills travel schedule was a huge mistake. That's not on the league. The Bills were sleep walking through much of the game. Allen a day or two before talked about how tired he was. McD when asked implied it didn't work.

Bottom line is the Bills weren't ready to play. A pretty common theme for at least a game or two under the McD era. Bad game will happen but being unprepared and not ready to play is unacceptable. That's not on the league. It's on the coaching staff and players. 

So what did you say about the Dolphins offense last week just wondering there champ?

23 minutes ago, boyst said:

I never said anything of the sort. I don't believe in our coaches. Anyone here can attest to this. 

I've been skeptical. However, after last week's game I was starting to believe in the coaching. They put on a clinic in every way possible. 

4 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

So what did you say about the Dolphins offense last week just wondering there champ?

I said this before I read your post.

I've been skeptical. However, after last week's game I was starting to believe in the coaching. They put on a clinic in every way possible. 

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I've been skeptical. However, after last week's game I was starting to believe in the coaching. They put on a clinic in every way possible. 

I said this before I read your post.

I've been skeptical. However, after last week's game I was starting to believe in the coaching. They put on a clinic in every way possible. 

The effort given by our players was enough to run through a brick wall. 

I've measured a lot of our coaches by the highs and lows. We aren't an even keel team like more established teams are, even if they're younger. They're better coached teams than we are: 9ers, Chiefs, Eagles, Patriots, and Seahawks. Those teams have coaches and systems where they punch in and go to work. Sure, they have fun and play with passion but it's different with us and I'm just not the best to describe it. But my eyes know what I see and I don't see us contending for the Super Bowl.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

I said they have weapons, speed, creativity, and explosiveness galore. Unlike the Bills offense. 

The Bills had a great game plan and executed to perfection. I gave all the props to the team and coaches. 

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I said they have weapons, speed, creativity, and explosiveness galore. Unlike the Bills offense. 

The Bills had a great game plan and executed to perfection. I gave all the props to the team and coaches. 

And the Jags D and coaches don’t deserve the same credit ?

Edited by julian

More so than any complaints about McBeane, Dorsey, Allen, Poyer, Kincade, whatever the flavor of the week is, I am the most frustrated that it just doesn’t seem like this town can get away from the injury bug.

For what seems like the millionth time in a row we are down a bunch of high impact starters…again. 

I am not pointing the finger at the staff but it feels like such a gut punch. 

Just now, Mango said:

More so than any complaints about McBeane, Dorsey, Allen, Poyer, Kincade, whatever the flavor of the week is, I am the most frustrated that it just doesn’t seem like this town can get away from the injury bug.

For what seems like the millionth time in a row we are down a bunch of high impact starters…again. 

I am not pointing the finger at the staff but it feels like such a gut punch. 

It does lead to questioning why.  It's not only injuries but season enders and lingering injuries.  Sucks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.