Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

1 minute ago, Nator99 said:

I didn’t say the season is over but now we have two AFC losses and we have to go to Miami wbo will want paybacks. We have multiple starters on D out and we have homers like you who think it’s no big deal and say “In Josh we trust”. That’s not how the NFL works. This was a game we could not lose. 

Two losses, damn season's over, woe is me.

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

You mean what Jacksonville the team that plays in London the most often does?

No I dont because your wrong. You must have missed the memo. The Jaguars stayed in London after their game last week.

Having flown back and forth to Europe a lot I can assure you, you dont land over there and not still be suffering from jet lag 24 hours later. The bills. Its a 9 hour flight and a 5 hour time difference. 24 hours isn't going to get your body right.

So,

1. your wrong. Its not the same thing the Jaguars did.

and

2. It was a dumb move by the front office.

Edited by steven50
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nator99 said:

I didn’t say the season is over but now we have two AFC losses and we have to go to Miami wbo will want paybacks. We have multiple starters on D out and we have homers like you who think it’s no big deal and say “In Josh we trust”. That’s not how the NFL works. This was a game we could not lose. 

Who is saying "In Josh we Trust"?  What we are saying is that Allen is the best thing the Bills have going for them on offense and that was true again today.  This doesn't mean we don't acknowledge that something seems off on the O at time.  I don't know what it is but I have my suspicions.  One thing I am confident of is that it's NOT Allen.  But I'm not in the film room and I'm not at practice or in the position group meetings so I'm blind & dumb when it comes to what the problem is.  I just have theories like the rest of you people.

And for the record will you quit calling Bills fans on 2BD "homers" for being more optimistic and less critical then you are.  It's a long grueling season and I'm a long way from being convinced that we're not going to win a 4th straight division title. And the only thing that would get me to abandon this take would be if Allen went down.

1 minute ago, steven50 said:

No I dont because your wrong. You must have missed the memo. The Jaguars stayed in London after their game last week.

That aside, for the first game they also left a day before the bills (Thursday instead of Friday). As a matter of fact for their last 4 games in Europe they left on Thursday giving them 2 full days to acclimate to the time zone not the 24 hours (landing Saturday morning local time) the bills gave themselves.

Having flown back and forth to Europe a lot I can assure you, you dont land over there and not still be suffering from jet lag 24 hours later. The bills left Friday, got there  Saturday local time and played a game a day later. Its a 9 hour flight and a 5 hour time difference. 24 hours isn't going to get your body right.

So,

1. your wrong. Its not the same thing the Jaguars do, they give themselves a full extra day to get used to the time zone and recover from the jet lag.

and

2. It was a dumb move by the front office.

Yeah no ***** the Jaguars didn't come back to just leave again, but they left on a Thursday evening to play on a Sunday for their first game just like we did, so try again.

There are no excuses here. Should have found a way to win. I just never understood why we didn’t go early. Knowing the Jags were already there I’d have stayed all week. Our radio guys kept saying thats a disadvantage to the Jags…nobody goes there more than them. If they thought it was going to help, they would have come home. Obviously they knew more than us. That shouldn’t have had to be explained to anyone. They go 4x more than anyone. If there’s a model to follow, it was them.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah no ***** the Jaguars didn't come back to just leave again, but they left on a Thursday evening to play on a Sunday for their first game just like we did, so try again.

Yes the Jaguars were there for the whole week. Thanks👍

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There are no excuses here. Should have found a way to win. I just never understood why we didn’t go early. Knowing the Jags were already there I’d have stayed all week. Our radio guys kept saying thats a disadvantage to the Jags…nobody goes there more than them. If they thought it was going to help, they would have come home. Obviously they knew more than us. That shouldn’t have had to be explained to anyone. They go 4x more than anyone. If there’s a model to follow, it was them.

It wasn’t just the radio guys....PLENTY of experts in here were also saying that the Jags would be at a disadvantage because they were away from their homes for 10 days. LMAO

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

It wasn’t just the radio guys....PLENTY of experts in here were also saying that the Jags would be at a disadvantage because they were away from their homes for 10 days. LMAO

People were trying to find a way to balance out the obvious advantage that the Jaguars had, and that's about as much as they could find. Which kind of ignores the fact that the players are all used to staying in hotels.

I think it’s clear that staying in London for 2 weeks was an advantage for Jax and puts the second team at a clear disadvantage.

That doesn’t explain Dorsey’s garbage game plan, the complete absences of tight ends from our offense, and the assinine shotgun draw play that he runs constantly.

Just now, RunTheBall said:

I think it’s clear that staying in London for 2 weeks was an advantage for Jax and puts the second team at a clear disadvantage.

That doesn’t explain Dorsey’s garbage game plan, the complete absences of tight ends from our offense, and the assinine shotgun draw play that he runs constantly.

I would not be surprised if TEs were chipping again with the other Allen around.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I would not be surprised if TEs were chipping again with the other Allen around.

We will see in the All-22 but even in the last 3 blow outs Dorsey has not gotten them much involved in the game plan outside of being outlet receivers.

James Cook has been good until today and Murray has been a nice surprise…but all along Harris is our best back. I’ll never expect the coaching staff to understand that but he’s the guy that should be getting Rb1 touches. He’s strong and fast. He was an absolute monster against us with NE. I was so happy when we signed him…now he rots on the bench while we run shotgun draws for 0.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Heitz said:

“Excuses” or factors in the equation that led to a loss? 🤔

I mean, the Bills were not good, but play this game in OP and I’m guessing it’s a lil different.  IMO. :beer: 

Losses like this are why we haven’t been playing too many home playoff games in OP

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

James Cook has been good until today and Murray has been a nice surprise…but all along Harris is our best back. I’ll never expect the coaching staff to understand that but he’s the guy that should be getting Rb1 touches. He’s strong and fast. He was an absolute monster against us with NE. I was so happy when we signed him…now he rots on the bench while we run shotgun draws for 0.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Losses like this are why we haven’t been playing too many home playoff games in OP

I mean… 5 home playoff games and only 2 road games in the last 3 seasons.  But yeah, gonna be an uphill climb with all these injuries and anyone saying otherwise is fooling themselves.  IMO of course :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.