Tre White Charity - $27 per donation if you can do it.

Royale with Cheese

18 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

A freaking happy meal costs 10$, it’s a little tight right now.

This is like the people who "can't afford" to tip at Starbucks, yet they can afford to pay $6 for a cup of coffee that they could brew at home for about 25 cents.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/2/2023 at 1:26 PM, LabattBlue said:

No thanks. This Bills fan complex of “look at us” donations jumped the shark a while back.  

Agreed.  That’s why I slam the door in those old ladies faces, because I’m sick of them taking advantage of their age and frailty to manipulate me.  Beeotches. 

On 10/2/2023 at 4:46 PM, WEATHER DOT COM said:

All for giving to charities but does Tre's charity actually do anything?

https://www.reachingforexcellence27.com/take-action

Two events listed on the website -

One is a mobile food distribution that was held March 12, 2022

The other is a football camp with a date TBD.

I thought people would have learned when $100,000 of Bills fan donations to Andy Daltons charity went to "management".

It's not entirely surprising. Some reports have shown that 3/4 of athlete charities do not meet typical nonprofit standards. 

In my opinion, people are MUCH better off sending Tre a "get well better" card to Two Bills Drive (these do reach the players), and then donating dollars to a real established foundation that has a history of high donation-to-giving ratios.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I thought people would have learned when $100,000 of Bills fan donations to Andy Daltons charity went to "management".

It's not entirely surprising. Some reports have shown that 3/4 of athlete charities do not meet typical nonprofit standards. 

In my opinion, people are MUCH better off sending Tre a "get well better" card to Two Bills Drive (these do reach the players), and then donating dollars to a real established foundation that has a history of high donation-to-giving ratios.

The organization that runs Tre's charity has a good reputation.

On 10/2/2023 at 4:37 PM, DapperCam said:

The non-profit that runs his charity has a very good rating, so your money will actually help people.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein/276601178

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Players Philanthropy Fund is the sponsor of Tre's charity, and collects a 6% fee of all deposits (yes, about $2 of every $27 donation goes to the sponsor).

It's essentially a 501(c)(3) vehicle so that players do not have to do the paperwork of setting up a trust. It's administrative

They, however, do not decide where the money goes or how it is used and the player can choose to end the sponsorship with a 60 days notice at any time.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Players Philanthropy Fund is the sponsor of Tre's charity, and collects a 6% fee of all deposits (yes, about $2 of every $27 donation goes to the sponsor).

It's essentially a 501(c)(3) vehicle so that players do not have to do the paperwork of setting up a trust. It's administrative

They, however, do not decide where the money goes or how it is used and the player can choose to end the sponsorship with a 60 days notice at any time.

Great.  Well I'm going to trust their positive reputation rating and feel good about giving money to this charity.  

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

6% sounds very fair for admin costs, bunch of not for profits dealing w grant writing and the like average out around like 10%

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It doesn't change the fact that Tre's specific charity has not run a single event since March 12, 2022.

Hopefully his charity is passing this money on to an organization that is actively helping the community at this time. 

2 hours ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

It doesn't change the fact that Tre's specific charity has not run a single event since March 12, 2022.

Hopefully his charity is passing this money on to an organization that is actively helping the community at this time. 

I don’t think having events is an indication of anything.  Money can be used without having public confirmation.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.