2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's not just beating the Eagles... it's Allen playing well and them beating the Eagles.

If you want to make a bet with the Jets game as a floor for Allen with a Bills win, we can.

Sooo... Bills win with Allen getting 290+ yards, 3+ TDs and no more than 1 turnover... on the road against the team with the best record in the NFL..

I will make a bet with you that at least 1 sports book puts Allen in the top 3 in MVP odds.

Deal. 

To be clear, it’s not that I don’t think he’s deserving. It’s that I think MVP historically almost always goes to the best QB on a team with the best record with a nice little narrative. Vegas knows that. The narrative won’t change from one game. 

47 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Deal. 

To be clear, it’s not that I don’t think he’s deserving. It’s that I think MVP historically almost always goes to the best QB on a team with the best record with a nice little narrative. Vegas knows that. The narrative won’t change from one game. 

That's fine.

I think a 2nd consecutive good offensive showing right after firing an OC combined with Allen playing great for those consecutive weeks combined with putting up the strongest numbers in 2 years against one of the best defenses in the NFL and beating the best team in the NFL vaults him into top 3 conversation.

What's your wager?

48 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That's fine.

I think a 2nd consecutive good offensive showing right after firing an OC combined with Allen playing great for those consecutive weeks combined with putting up the strongest numbers in 2 years against one of the best defenses in the NFL and beating the best team in the NFL vaults him into top 3 conversation.

What's your wager?

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

The craziest war of attrition I remember. If it keeps going Big Russ is going to get some votes for his cooking. 

Seriously continue to feel bad for Jefferson, who could have wrapped it up as a WR with the way he was going early. Dude already seems on the Megatron path - generational talent that could be one of the best ever but will probably just deal with some injuries and general boredom playing in a cold qb purgatory.

6 hours ago, Nelius said:

The craziest war of attrition I remember. If it keeps going Big Russ is going to get some votes for his cooking. 

Seriously continue to feel bad for Jefferson, who could have wrapped it up as a WR with the way he was going early. Dude already seems on the Megatron path - generational talent that could be one of the best ever but will probably just deal with some injuries and general boredom playing in a cold qb purgatory.

His team is like 5-1 without him now. If there is an MVP WR it is definitely Tyreek over Jefferson. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That's fine.

What's your wager?

I side with FireCHans on this bet.

I totally agree that Allen would be deserving of top 3 tied with like 3 other players in odds. But the NFL narratives that get built up are harder to change. Now Bills beat the Eagles and the Chiefs in back to back games. Almost wouldn't matter what Allen's stats look like in those two games. He'd probably find himself top 3 in voting. 

He's 10th right now on Bovada at +3500, tied with Tyreek Hill. The top 3 is all pretty close with Hurts, Jackson and Mahomes each at +250, +350 and +375 respectively. I'd say he would about half his odds and land somewhere around +1600 / +1800 with a win against the Eagles. 

On 11/20/2023 at 10:57 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

One of the impressive things about Allen this year that hasn't been talked about too much is the number of sacks he has taken and yards lost from sacks. He is near the league bottom in sacks taken and yards lost/sack. Remember those days of Allen taking 20 yard sacks? 

Thing is - if he goes ona hot streak to end the season

say beats the remainder of the schedule

how would that NOT be deserving of the mvp?

holy smokes that’s a miracle turnaround but isn’t because we all know what this team is capable of but just falls short for whatever unlucky reason 

11 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Cause it would be cool to see a Bills player be recognized as the best in the world. Why do you care that people care???

Yeah, it’s fine. Honestly, the bills are all about the Buffalo part for me and over the years, the players become interchangeable.  This helps in the nba where fans get all worked up about the mvp situation. Never really got it but I respect others. 

allen is getting paid $50 million/ year. He is one of the best players in then nfl. I just want a SB. The individual stuff means nothing to me. I think Thurman won a mvp back in the day. Hooray 😂

15 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Right... because when anyone says anything about Lamar Jackson nobody brings up "bErt He gOtz aN mVpS"

Because all dorks just crap on him all the time. So yes to defend an qb who everyone constantly craps on, I bring up individual honors. I bet there are a bunch of Ravens fans who don’t crap that he has the 3rd best mvp odds now (despite being terrible according to football experts here) if they don’t win in the playoffs.

Allen is a god here and gets less blame than Jesus!  Some people still have this thing like the media doesn’t give Buffalo it’s due when Allen is in every other commercial. 

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because all dorks just crap on him all the time. So yes to defend an qb who everyone constantly craps on, I bring up individual honors. I bet there are a bunch of Ravens fans who don’t crap that he has the 3rd best mvp odds now (despite being terrible according to football experts here) if they don’t win in the playoffs.

Allen is a god here and gets less blame than Jesus!  Some people still have this thing like the media doesn’t give Buffalo it’s due when Allen is in every other commercial. 

Thats no excuse.  You can't use it and then complain about people caring about it. You using it is exactly the same reason people care about it.

Allen is a god here.  Football is a huge part of the Buffalo communities lives.  That Buffalo community extends all over.  Even different countries.  So what? Lamar is a god to you.  You defend him like he is your brother.  The media does dog crap on Allen and hold him more accountable than other QBs.  Commercials have nothing to do with sports media.

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I side with FireCHans on this bet.

I totally agree that Allen would be deserving of top 3 tied with like 3 other players in odds. But the NFL narratives that get built up are harder to change. Now Bills beat the Eagles and the Chiefs in back to back games. Almost wouldn't matter what Allen's stats look like in those two games. He'd probably find himself top 3 in voting. 

He's 10th right now on Bovada at +3500, tied with Tyreek Hill. The top 3 is all pretty close with Hurts, Jackson and Mahomes each at +250, +350 and +375 respectively. I'd say he would about half his odds and land somewhere around +1600 / +1800 with a win against the Eagles. 

One of the impressive things about Allen this year that hasn't been talked about too much is the number of sacks he has taken and yards lost from sacks. He is near the league bottom in sacks taken and yards lost/sack. Remember those days of Allen taking 20 yard sacks? 

Yup. Most young QBs do it but some don't learn from it (see Zach Wilson). 

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Thats no excuse.  You can't use it and then complain about people caring about it. You using it is exactly the same reason people care about it.

Allen is a god here.  Football is a huge part of the Buffalo communities lives.  That Buffalo community extends all over.  Even different countries.  So what? Lamar is a god to you.  You defend him like he is your brother.  The media does dog crap on Allen and hold him more accountable than other QBs.  Commercials have nothing to do with sports media.

People act like Jackson is still a rb (and I think there are some other reason why) so when the media votes him a MVP, it makes those people like stupid. 

no one with a brain questions how good of a qb Allen is. Yes he gets flack for turnovers/ not taking the next step in the playoffs but an mvp doesn’t change how good I/ most bills fans already know how good he is. 

and as players leave/ change, I stop caring about the individual stuff. It’s all about Buffalo.  Sadly, a mvp is just more leverage an agent can use to drive up a contracf. 

but I’ve derail enough. My apologizes. And based on how he transformed that team, I would vote for McCaffrey. Purdy would be a Plummer without him 

32 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Tua Tagovailoa: 404 touches 14 turnovers (3.47%)
Josh Allen: 435 touches 15 turnovers (3.45%)

One is an MVP Candidate, the other is a turnover machine.  Make it make sense.

One team is 8-3 and plays in a big market. The other is 6-5 and plays in a small market. Circumstances drive the perception.

Tua's turnovers today were as bad as any of Allen's.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.