2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

I think on re-watch Josh Allen will look even better than he appeared during the live broadcast. He overcame numerous pass protection errors, drops, and a totally invisible performance from his WR2, while leading his offense to an explosive day against an elite defense.

The Bills passing offense has a major personnel issue. Everybody can see that. Without Allen our passing offense would look like the Jets, that's a fact.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I think his only chance is we run the table with him putting up stats like tonight the rest of the way. It isn't likely, but anything is possible.

If Purdy wins it will be so underwhelming.

Well it's not going to be Burrow and he gets to up against Mahomes and Tua again, so he does have a shot technically.

I feel like this thread is just a meme at this point.

We're the only fanbase seriously talking about Josh as an MVP candidate. Maybe if the Bills somehow win out, and Josh goes consecutive games without an INT. Even if all INTs aren't created equal, they still show up on the stat sheet & make a bad impression.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

We're the only fanbase seriously talking about Josh as an MVP candidate. Maybe if the Bills somehow win out, and Josh goes consecutive games without an INT. Even if all INTs aren't created equal, they still show up on the stat sheet & make a bad impression.

I think it’s intentionally just a meme at this point tbh haha. If we finish 5-1 or win out he’s got a good chance but everyone knows that’s a long shot 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Disagree. He's been playing great all season. He went his first 5 games without a INT and he's been carrying this team to wins. I also said if they make the playoffs he should win. 

It’s a rookie. He’s flavor of the month. 

18 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

If any QB should be MVP, it should be CJ Stroud. He's carrying that team to a playoff spot so far. IMO if they make I can see him getting the MVP

His 3 picks today against a 2 win team were very impressive. You can tell he is great by how he was trying to give the game away at the end.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

To be fair I can't really think of anyone worthy of the MVP this year. At least not like in years past when there was always at least one guy that seemed like an obvious choice. We could have our weakest MVP winner in a longtime. 

Allen has the good stats. He and the Bills just need to start winning. Finishing 6-1 and wins over Hurts, Mahomes and Tua again would probably cement it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Eh it makes since to update it each week when its still technically relevant, which it weirdly enough is because somehow nobody has runaway with this thing and despite a very bad midseason Josh still technically has a shot. 🤷‍♂️ Like I'm not disagreeing that he's not the guy now, but no one really is anyone that's sort of in the position is basically someone we've got to beat still which would give him a shot.

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

If any QB should be MVP, it should be CJ Stroud. He's carrying that team to a playoff spot so far. IMO if they make I can see him getting the MVP

I have not paid enough attention beyond the concept that they're doing well mainly because the Bills playing like crap has made me pay peripheral attention to other teams.

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Josh Allen has 7 more TDs than any other player in the NFL.

He's obviously an MVP candidate 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

They are an odd book to say the least. They have Joe Burrow, Kirk Cousins and Rodgers all still listed. Them and one other book. The other books don't even have those guys on the board as available wagers. 

I don't see any of those players listed on Fanduel or MGM, more likely that Vegas Insider website is stale.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

He will also still lead in INTs. 

Well, unless Mahomes or Hurts throw 4 interceptions.  Unlikely, but possible.

Regardless, notice that all those "MVP candidate" QBs aren't exactly protecting the football. Tua and Lamar have 11 turnovers, Mahomes has 10 turnovers and Stroud has 9.

Purdy is protecting the football more than any other candidate and only has 5 turnovers right now, but has also had incredibly good fortune.  He's fumbled 6 times and just hasn't lost any of them.

Yep... Allen has 15 turnovers.  But he has 29 touchdowns.  The next closest player in TDs right now is Hurts, who has 22.

So is that 4 turnover difference more impactful negatively than the 7+ (in most cases plus) difference in TDs positively?

And just so you know, Allen has 9 more TDs than Purdy, 10 more TDs than Stroud, and 12 more than Lamar & Mahomes.

At the moment, Purdy is the one maybe most deserving, but is he?  He's got another guy in McCaffery on his side of the ball playing at an MVP level.  Same goes for Tua.

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why do people even care about the mvp? Honestly. 

Good question...I only care because I bet on him every year to win it for 3 years now straight lol.  I make the same $100 bet each year, so he needs to win it in the next couple years for me to be ahead when he does win it without having to up my bet lol.   

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

How many more losses? 

Right now? 4. They play each other next week.  And then Allen plays Mahomes.  And then Allen plays the Cowboys and Dak.  And then Allen plays Herbert and the Chargers.

Buffalo wins 3 or 4 of those games and Allen looks good and plays more like he did a couple days ago... well... I'm sure you know where the national conversation goes.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Right now? 4. They play each other next week.  And then Allen plays Mahomes.  And then Allen plays the Cowboys and Dak.  And then Allen plays Herbert and the Chargers.

Buffalo wins 3 or 4 of those games and Allen looks good and plays more like he did a couple days ago... well... I'm sure you know where the national conversation goes.

If Allen wins the next 4 all of the bozos you’ve been responding in this thread will spend their afternoons griping about something else. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/20/2023 at 9:02 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why do people even care about the mvp? Honestly. 

Josh Allen is our representative on the NFL stage. Validation of his performance justifies the rose colored glasses through which we view him.

Plus, it's fun.

Edited by Punch
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

The losses are all Allen’s fault. It’s his responsibility to make sure there aren’t 12 men on the field for special teams. And it is definitely his job to not allow a 90 second Mac Jones game winning TD drive.

MVP voters don’t care lol.

37 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If Allen goes 4-0 in that gauntlet, he will be in the convo and deservedly so.

4 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

If Allen wins the next 4 all of the bozos you’ve been responding in this thread will spend their afternoons griping about something else. 

3 out of 4 should do it

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

If Allen goes 4-0 in that gauntlet, he will be in the convo and deservedly so.

He will if he wins 3 of 4 and plays well.

EDIT: The truth is if Allen does what Mahomes couldn't do and beats Hurts and the Eagles and plays well, he's immediately top 3 in the conversation of the voters with 2 weeks of build up and anticipation for the game against Mahomes.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

3 out of 4 should do it

He will if he wins 3 of 4 and plays well.

EDIT: The truth is if Allen does what Mahomes couldn't do and beats Hurts and the Eagles and plays well, he's immediately top 3 in the conversation of the voters with 2 weeks of build up and anticipation for the game against Mahomes.

I will bet a LARGE amount of money. Even if Allen and the Bills beat the Eagles, Allen will not be top 3 in MVP odds the next week.

57 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I will bet a LARGE amount of money. Even if Allen and the Bills beat the Eagles, Allen will not be top 3 in MVP odds the next week.

It's not just beating the Eagles... it's Allen playing well and them beating the Eagles.

If you want to make a bet with the Jets game as a floor for Allen with a Bills win, we can.

Sooo... Bills win with Allen getting 290+ yards, 3+ TDs and no more than 1 turnover... on the road against the team with the best record in the NFL..

I will make a bet with you that at least 1 sports book puts Allen in the top 3 in MVP odds.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.