Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I'm not sure about this.  I think you're giving that team too much respect.  Year after year we've seen the Dolphins set the league on fire in the first 3 or 4 games, and then fold.  What happened yesterday looks like the beginning of the end for them.  Their defense can't stop anyone and the Bills put out a blueprint on how to slow down that offense.  It will be interesting to see how the Giants do against them next week.  The Giants aren't nearly as good as the Bills, but I'm sure McDermott and the boys will share what they learned with Daboll and his staff.  If the Fins lose to the Giants at home, the swoon will be in full motion...    

Yesterday reminded me of a few years ago when they rolled into Buffalo late in the season after beating up on a bunch of ***** teams…. The media was drooling over them, the Bills had no shot. In the end Matt Barkley and the second stringers were kicking their ass in the second half

Edited by BananaB
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've read that coaches scheme up about 15 or so plays in scripts to start out their first offensive drive or two, and they run down the list as long as they stay ahead of the sticks. This is often credited as the reason why offenses can march methodically down the field and score on the first drive, and then struggle the rest of the way. My impression is that teams don't write a new script at halftime, but if there was any time to sort of recollect and try to create an offensive narrative or flow after being stalled, that would be the time. It's interesting that a consistent theme of Sean's defenses are that they struggle on the first couple of drives before locking teams down. The Dolphins were able to score quickly on two drives, and then didn't do anything again until the first drive after halftime (when about half of the stadium was still in line at the bathrooms fwiw) when they presumably could have regrouped. Then, nothing again the rest of the way. 

Whatever edge these teams seem to get on us early, it appears that McDermott is great once the flow of the game takes over and it becomes a real chess match. I'd definitely rather have a coach that might be leaky during the scripted drive and great when the game settles in than the reverse

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mango said:

So two years ago my jersey of choice was Tre…torn ACL.

The next year Poyer…injured.

Last year I bought a Rick Jeannerett jersey…he died.

This year I started Tre and look what happened.

With such a bad opener I switched to my RJ jersey. I figured that he is already dead what else could go wrong? 3-0 baby!

I used to think I couldn’t buy jerseys of anybody until they got extended. That wearing a QB jersey was a curse. But apparently I can’t wear jerseys until that person is dead. I’m basically a walking sports voodoo doll. 

let’s test this out, why don’t you go buy a Mahomes jersey?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

it’s very annoying that most of the “journalists” who cover the Bills have the same arrogant attitude and seem to relish talking down to / arguing with fans

I think Sal M is trying to fill the void Jerry Sullivan left. What does this guy expect posting flaming hot takes on Twitter? Then he gets mad when people call him out? Spare me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Poor guy.

Idk where he’s getting that from…the dolphins had a supremely lucky play go their way on the first two drives.  The bills had absolutely 0 difficulty scoring on offense it was pretty clear sal had that tweet backwards.  Nothing really changed at all their luck just ran out 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk where he’s getting that from…the dolphins had a supremely lucky play go their way on the first two drives.  The bills had absolutely 0 difficulty scoring on offense it was pretty clear sal had that tweet backwards.  Nothing really changed at all their luck just ran out 

I know. It wasn't like the Fins were running us off the field. He's just embracing extreme negativity. He's the same with the Yankees, though this year he has a point.

51 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Poor guy.

It's not like he said something we weren't all thinking at those same moments on those first couple of drives. He may need to not be so sensitive, and some people need to stop acting like they never had concerns. You're not less of a fan because you recognize the other team is cookin.  I know I had some nerves but I also had a feeling Buffalo was going to pull ahead eventually. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.