Tre White Injury Updates (Torn Achilles now confirmed)

Process

It's a shame.  Cb is the worst position for a player to experience these kinds of injuries. It's very high speed and reactive, moving based on the opponents.  

This is going to be a major battle for tre, both mentally and physically.  He is going to have to be a positive thinker and a fierce and focused worker.  Hopefully von Miller can coach him through this 

• Like (+1) 1

Pretty sure it would take another corner injury OR they've completely given up on Elam (which I doubt) - in order to be looking for a trade.

Benford, Dane, Elam

Ingram (P/S) 

Is an OK group, with some unknown about Elam...perhaps he surprises, aka Bernard, when given the chance again.  It's not like Elam looked bad LY, just wasn't consistent and had something behind the scenes that caused the New England benching (in favor of Rhodes).

With Von returning at some point, very good to great DL play - coupled with outstanding LB play and 2 vet safeties- we will be more than fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, colin said:

i suspect tre is done as a bill, and possibly done w football all together.

given his cap, how he is not who he was a few years ago, and two massive season ending injuries and a lot of time missed, i think you walk away

Unfortunately I think you're right. Tre means everything to this team as the leader he is. But his reaction yesterday ripping off and tossing his helmet said it all.  I'm still rooting for a grade2 tear for a 5 month recovery but anything worse and he's likely done.  This will be Elam's final chance to either make this team or get cut.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Unfortunately I think you're right. Tre means everything to this team as the leader he is. But his reaction yesterday ripping off and tossing his helmet said it all.  I'm still rooting for a grade2 tear for a 5 month recovery but anything worse and he's likely done.  This will be Elam's final chance to either make this team or get cut.

Yeah agree this is something to think about.

Remember he almost didnt play the COVID year

That ACL really put him in a bad place mentally (he has talked about it) 

Damar incident really messed with him

Just to be getting over that mental part and playing like the all Pro again to pop the achilles. 

I would not put it past him to say OK I am not doing this again.  I am done, I have made life changing money, time to move on. 

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills will address this position so I will be interested to see the names brought in for workouts

You have Tre going to IR

Benford was hurt - did return late

It will be addressed internally initially I think BUT wanted to put the list 

UFA

Greedy Williams

Sidney Jones IV - Bengals PS

Logan Ryan

These are probably the best of the Bunch

Trade

Levi Wallce - Bad Pitt Team (Rental)

Patrick Peterson - Bad Pitt team Get him next year too as Insurance is on a cheap 2 year deal

Marcus Peters - Bad Vegas team(Rental)

CJ Henderson - Car (rental)

Patrick Surtain II - Rookie Deal, 5th year option open will cost alot.

Solution is already on the roster. They're not going to be able to upgrade Elam with any kind of roster mover. Really the only question is do they move one of their PS players to the active roster or sign a new young PS type player

1 minute ago, appoo said:

Solution is already on the roster. They're not going to be able to upgrade Elam with any kind of roster mover. Really the only question is do they move one of their PS players to the active roster or sign a new young PS type player

They Will address the position.  That is a fact.  Not going to put a CB on IR and have another with an INJ (severity really unknown) and not address the position.  One will be added somewhere either on the 53 or on the PS whn Ingram is elevated (if he is permanently)

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

They Will address the position.  That is a fact.  Not going to put a CB on IR and have another with an INJ (severity really unknown) and not address the position.  One will be added somewhere either on the 53 or on the PS whn Ingram is elevated (if he is permanently)

Who's the other injured corner? Benford? He came back and played

15 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Pretty sure it would take another corner injury OR they've completely given up on Elam (which I doubt) - in order to be looking for a trade.

Benford, Dane, Elam

Ingram (P/S) 

Is an OK group, with some unknown about Elam...perhaps he surprises, aka Bernard, when given the chance again.  It's not like Elam looked bad LY, just wasn't consistent and had something behind the scenes that caused the New England benching (in favor of Rhodes).

With Von returning at some point, very good to great DL play - coupled with outstanding LB play and 2 vet safeties- we will be more than fine.

I'm wondering if the 4 game timeout will be a motivating factor for Elam to improve any areas the staff has identified as weaknesses in his game.

'If you think your 1st round status is a free pass to a gameday jersey, think again Kaiir.'

Could be that's been at least partially the reason for the 'inactive' designation these past weeks. Of course, it's just as likely he's simply been outplayed by the other CBs.

1 hour ago, colin said:

i suspect tre is done as a bill, and possibly done w football all together.

given his cap, how he is not who he was a few years ago, and two massive season ending injuries and a lot of time missed, i think you walk away

tre was off to a rough start in the Jets game but he has been playing some of his best football prior to this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.