Chandler Jones? Kick the tires at the trade deadline?

TampaBillsJunkie

On 9/29/2023 at 2:53 PM, TampaBillsJunkie said:

There's an interesting article on Chandler Jones. Seems he is having some mental issues and Las Vegas just isn't a good place for him.  As a nearby hometown boy from Syracuse, Buffalo might jut be a healthy place to stay out of trouble and get himself back together.  Maybe for the playoff run or for next year. Having another terror who can get to the QB quickly is never a bad thing. 

What do you say? Is he worth the trouble if we can bring him in on a team friendly contract? Who do we dump? Shaq? That would be my pick. Personally, I'd like to see a reclamation project and get the most out of Jones for the rest of his career.... Jones, Floyd, G-Root and Von would be a terror. And we'd have fresh legs to get to Tua, Mahomes and Burrow come playoff time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-chandler-jones-arrested-one-day-after-troubling-social-media-posts/

Don’t diss my hometown like that. Chandler and Jon Jones are from Rochester NY. Let us have that at least. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I honestly don’t know what took them so long. Maybe they couldn’t have an out of the contract until now? Guy has been certifiably insane for a while now. 

May have been trying to help him. At some point, it may have been come to a point having him around was doing more harm than good 

We're so stacked at DE, with AJ and Groot taking a big stepvand Floyd being his borderline elite self, I doubt it. Von will be back , we arguably already have the deepest DE and DL in the nfl 

Next year though AJ and Floyd will want multi year deals

Edited by JerseyBills

13 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Your boy Beane who you guys think walks on water...

1. Traded for Antonio Brown who luckily nixed the deal at the last moment then proceeded to get kicked off of 3 teams in like a year.

2. Offered the Von deal to Chandler Jones but he chose to go to Vegas instead. So he then pivoted to Von.

WHEW....!!! 😅

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Lol it absolutely happened. Beane tried all off-season to get CHANDLER JONES not Von Miller. Then Jones picked Vegas so he offered the same contract to Von and didn't think he would get him either and was shocked when he said yes. Von wanted to go to Dallas but they didn't offer as much as the Bills

Source: "Trust me bro."

Gonna need to include a link or something. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, NewEra said:

I can’t stand Bones and he’s a mess but “cheated” and lost to Hamill is a bit strong.  He made a mental mistake during a fight that he was dominating.  

average guys would kick his ass w/o the peds…..lol.  

I get why people hate him, I’m one of them, but your thoughts are extreme.  He’s top 5 ever….many feel the goat. 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2757812-anderson-silva-making-sense-of-ufc-greats-legacy-after-2nd-failed-drug-test.amp.html

I agree that Silva is the best I’ve ever seen. 

Silvia’s drug tests were doctored.  It’s been proven.  

His mental health issues seem to be more than what I saw when I originally posted, but I did remember Beane wanting him a few years back. Who knows, if he gets well or maybe he was just acting out to get released because he hated the Raiders organization. Who knows with the way the media spins stories, but I still think it's worth at least keeping an eye on. He's an elite talent when healthy and we need to make a deep run. 

Just look what may happen to the DB's this week. Keeping Elam around is beneficial for depth. You can never have enough quality NFL players on the back of your roster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.