1st month of the season is done. What are your impressions so far on the season?

Royale with Cheese

- QB roughing the passer calls are still terrible at times.

- The Jags are not good.  Trevor Lawrence doesn't look like he's supposed to after last year.  Maybe Kyle Brandt was right?

- I think the 49ers are the best team in the NFL right now.

- The AFC North seems up for grabs.  Ravens might be the unluckiest team.

- Have no clue how good the Chiefs actually are.

- The NFC North looks like it could overtake as the worst division in football just because the Bears are historically bad.  It's between them and the AFC South.

• Like (+1) 3

Jags are frauds. 

Giants are a big disappointment considering how they came on last year.

Ravens are over hyped.

Browns might actually be really good.

Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers, Bills and Dolphins? appear to still be the best teams. Perhaps Cowboys although they laid an egg in the desert yesterday.

Edited by BillsUberAlles

CJ Stroud best QB in the draft 

If Brock Purdy stays healthy 49ers won’t lose more then 4 games this year

Eagles are overrated 

It’s time for Dallas to turn the age on Dak Prescott

Sean Payton may just be the most overrated coach of the last 20 years 

The Chargers do Charger things

Justin Fields simply can’t play in the NFL

The Bengals aren’t making the playoffs 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think the Dolphins are the best team rn

They put a college score line on an NFL team, they should be #1 and Niners #2

I think Miami has the best offense for sure. I’m just not sure if their defensive talents fit Fangios scheme.  I think we should be able to move the ball on their O without much of an issue.  I can’t say the same about the niner d.  Bosa, Armstead, Hargrave, Jackson is a big problem.  

In order, I think SF, Miami and KC are the best to date, but I have a lot more confidence in the SF and KC defenses to create problems for their opposition.  

That said, Miami definitely may be the #1 team.  Doesn’t seem as if any 3 of those teams have played much in terms of tough competition to date.

Hey, I tried warning everyone about the Jags, but I got told over and over that they were going to win the conference.

Going from a 3/4 win team to an 8/9 win team like the Jags did last year is good, but the difference is HUGE compared to going from an 8/9 win team to a 12/13 win team. It is a monumental task climbing those last few rungs on the ladder. It is an exponential curve of difficulty.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I think Miami has the best offense for sure. I’m just not sure if their defensive talents fit Fangios scheme.  I think we should be able to move the ball on their O without much of an issue.  I can’t say the same about the niner d.  Bosa, Armstead, Hargrave, Jackson is a big problem.  

In order, I think SF, Miami and KC are the best to date, but I have a lot more confidence in the SF and KC defenses to create problems for their opposition.  

That said, Miami definitely may be the #1 team.  Doesn’t seem as if any 3 of those teams have played much in terms of tough competition to date.

I expect the Niners to be at or near the top at the end of the season no doubt

Just right now, wk4, Dolphins have to be at the top for me. 70pts on offense gets you the 1spot in my book

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

good assessment. I think what  also clear is that whoever wins the game this Sunday in Orchard Park will be the clear number one team in the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I expect the Niners to be at or near the top at the end of the season no doubt

Just right now, wk4, Dolphins have to be at the top for me. 70pts on offense gets you the 1spot in my book

70 points with 8 minutes left with the ball… insane for sure.  

I just don’t consider Denver to be a true nfl team atm.  especially without their only stud defensive player (Simmons was out).  I don’t think a team has ever been ruined by a player like denver has been ruined by RW.  I think the locker room is toast and they all hate that schmuck.  Nothing will change until he’s gone.   Unless Payton wants to draft Caleb Williams next year, they should go to stidham asap.  Jmo

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

good assessment. I think what  also clear is that whoever wins the game this Sunday in Orchard Park will be the clear number one team in the league.

No doubt about it.  The winner should be a top the power rankings 

I’m not ranking teams at this point because they’ve only played three games and the level of competition is not equal.

There is a “tier” of 5-6 teams I think will be competing for the Super Bowl, and the biggest difference from what I thought during preseason is that I have dropped Cinci out of that tier.  Otherwise, it is KC, Buffalo, Miami (in the AFC) and SF and Philly in the NFC.

Next tier down is Cinci, Cleveland, Baltimore, Jacksonville in the AFC and Dallas, Detroit, and maybe the Packers and Rams in the NFC.  I don’t trust any NFC South teams.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Is it me or is the quality of football not good these 1st 3 weeks?

It's not just you -- it's worse this year than it has been in years past IMO.  I'm inclined to agree that the rustiness we've seen out of the gate this year is mainly due to teams blowing off the preseason.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.