The Mitch Trubisky comparisons are starting with Justin Fields

78thealltimegreat

The Bears did not develop Fields very well in his previous two seasons.  They hampered his development with conservative play calling shackles during the last two seasons.  This might be justified since he only had 1-1/2 years of college start under his belt, which may beg the question why did they draft him in the first place. 

They definitely should have been in trial by fire mode last season and jut let him fly.  

As a result he is gun shy and scared at this point.  

He may not have been a franchise QB at this stage but it seems like it isn't all his fault.  

15 hours ago, T master said:

With those stats they may want to bring Mitch back ... I bet Edmunds is ecstatic !! 

Don't really think Tremaine cares  he's just playing to earn whatever he can and then retire.  I can't really blame the guy with the $$ thrown at these guys.  Just Tremaine isn't in it for love of game.  His play just doesn't reflect it.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Urban Meyer picked J.K. Dobbins over Joe Burrow. Does Burrow suck now too?  And Jalen Hurts finished second in the Heisman voting to Burrow. College coaches overrecruit and guys have to transfer to play all the time. It means nothing.

Your post has me wondering about the potential high jinks on an NFL team with Urban Meyer as head coach, and Zach Wilson as his QB. 🤔

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This is an awful look for Fields. Unless this quote is taken out of context somehow, just a stunning lack of self-awareness and accountability.

Coaching made him blind to wide open receivers while the Bucs played the softest high school coverage I’ve ever seen?

Just like Jalen Hurts!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Fields is pretty decent. He can definitely be a Jalen Hurts type in the right offense. Chicago wouldn't know what to do with a QB if they had one (which they never did in the entire history, wild)

Wait... what? You cannot be serious! You have to be under the age of 35 because if you weren't, you would have heard of the 1985 Bears. Yes their d was what got them the Superbowl, but Ditka was not stupid. Probably a top 25 all time coach and he knew exactly what do do with Jim McMahon (their QB seeing as you are probably to young to know that).

16 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

What a disaster the 2021 QB class has been after Trevor Lawrence went off the board at #1.  The 1st round has 3 potential busts including Trey Lance who was jettisoned for a 4th & for SF he's officially a bust already.  Mac Jones is JAG. The 3rd rounders & beyond are backups or practice squad players.  

No. 1: Trevor Lawrence, Jacksonville Jaguars
No. 2: Zach Wilson, New York Jets
No. 3: Trey Lance, San Francisco 49ers
No. 11: Justin Fields, Chicago Bears
No. 15: Mac Jones, New England Patriots
No. 64: Kyle Trask, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
No. 66: Kellen Mond, Minnesota Vikings
No. 67: Davis Mills, Houston Texans

No 133 Ian Book New Orleans

No 218 Sam Ehlinger Indianapolis

Excuse me….Mac Jones is the next Tom Brady.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Wait... what? You cannot be serious! You have to be under the age of 35 because if you weren't, you would have heard of the 1985 Bears. Yes their d was what got them the Superbowl, but Ditka was not stupid. Probably a top 25 all time coach and he knew exactly what do do with Jim McMahon (their QB seeing as you are probably to young to know that).

I am old enough, and Jim McMahon was, even for the 80’s, an average to below average QB.. they won and told him just to not to mess it up.. mind you his ego was huge!! 

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I am old enough, and Jim McMahon was, even for the 80’s, an average to below average QB.. they won and told him just to not to mess it up.. mind you his ego was huge!! 

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. But that is not what the commenter that I was replying to was talking about. He said that the Bears have never known what to do with a QB in their entire history. Ditka knew exactly what to do with Jim McMahon with all of his limitations and "failings" as a QB. He turned him into a game managers, never asking him to do to much. And when he went off scripts, he chewed his a$$ to keep him in line. And it worked.

Edited by BigPappy
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. But that is not what the commenter that I was replying to was talking about. He said that the Bears have never known what to do with a QB in their entire history. Ditka knew exactly what to do with Jim McMahon with all of his limitations and "failings" as a QB. He turned him into a game managers, never asking him to do to much. And when he went off scripts, he chewed his a$$ to keep him in line. And it worked.

And he had sweet headbands.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.