The Mitch Trubisky comparisons are starting with Justin Fields

78thealltimegreat

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He has Lamar Jackson, who is light years ahead of Fields.

He also had Tyrod Taylor, who appears to be in the same solar system as Fields.

I'm not saying those Bills offenses were great. They weren't! But they ran the ball effectively and we were a competitive team. If that's what the Bears want, then that's a path forward. If they want to tank, dump Fields, try to get Caleb, start from scratch? That's a path too. But you gotta choose.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

He also had Tyrod Taylor, who appears to be in the same solar system as Fields.

I'm not saying those Bills offenses were great. They weren't! But they ran the ball effectively and we were a competitive team. If that's what the Bears want, then that's a path forward. If they want to tank, dump Fields, try to get Caleb, start from scratch? That's a path too. But you gotta choose.

If they want to tank, keep Fields...

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

I knew you would chime in here eventually since this is in essence an Alabama vs. Ohio State argument.  Yesterday, I went back to look at Alabama games from the Tua era to see if there are any similarities between what they ran to what McDaniel is doing in Miami. The Miami offense is, at its core, a college offense on steroids. And those roids are insane amounts of pre-snap motion. But what jumped out is this; Tua had a better team in Tuscolussa than he does in Miami. The 2019 Crimson Tide has Jerry Jeudy, Devonta Smith, Jalen Waddle, Henry Ruggs, Brian Robinson, and Najee Harris. That's better weapons than any NFL team in history. Even this does nothing to help the argument that Fields is better than Tua. Tua had to deliver the ball accurately and on schedule, just as he has to now in Miami. Fields doesn't have the accuracy and touch to do even that. 

The more interesting argument is this. We know that Tua couldn't run the Daboll/Dorsey offense that Josh Allen runs. He would just get sacked holding the ball all the time. But could Josh Allen run McDaniel's offense? I'm not sure that he could.

So much to address here.....

Tua also had good tight ends and a very good OL. Yes, these were great teams. He also had the complete trust of his teammates. Do you remember the famous title winning 42 yard TD pass to Davonta Smith in OT? That was only Davonta's 5th catch of his freshman season! The thing is, Tua was the second string QB and was working with these second stringers who were GREAT as you say.

After Tua was drafted he was bad mouthed up and down this board. I didn't get too much involved because it IS a Bills Board but the fact is, the kid is very good and he works his ass off. And btw as good as Tyreek is, Jaylen Waddle is probably the most underrated player in the NFL. That kid is great!

When Mac defeated Ohio State and Fields, he was playing without Waddle, Lance Dickerson, and he lost Davonta Smith for the second half. Fields had every chance to win that game and he simply could not. I actually believe that Mac is superior to Fields. If the Bills could have either one of them as a backup, I would take Mac in a second.

As for Josh, I think that he could run virtually any offense. I view him as a generational talent who will be a first ballot HOFer IF he stays healthy. He is one of the most talented QBs I for one have ever seen and sadly I am not young lol. Is it considered sacrelege to say that he is better than Kelly? I think that he is more talented than Kelly who was also GREAT.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.