Elam a healthy scratch part deux (now part TRES) (now part QUATRO)

FireChans

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Yikes.

unmm, yeah. He played well last season , especially against the speed of the Dolphins.

I agree. 

The coaches clearly do not. 

They obviously aren't go from having him inactive for three weeks just to throw him in vs a top offense. He's clearly not a part of their plans for this season. 

It's unfortunate. I think he should be out there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I’ve kind of gone back-and-forth on this, but I think I’m OK with elam I’m not dressing

This fins are fence is fast and it uses a lot of motion. Communication is going to be key back there and one of the strengths of the bills defense is they do communicate well putting Elam into that might hurt that.

Agree but I fear if given any time at all Tua will eat up our secondary.

8 minutes ago, Process said:

People actually thought he would be active? For coaches to make a first round pick from last year inactive for the first three weeks, they must think he absolutely sucks. They are not going to then just randomly throw him in against one of the top offenses in the league. 

My guess is they keep him around this season for depth in case of injury only. Then next offseason add a couple of new corners and trade him.

They’ve already destroyed any trade value he might have had before the season. Bad move imo. 

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Yikes.

unmm, yeah. He played well last season , especially against the speed of the Dolphins.

This might be one of the biggest myths on the board and with the entire fanbase. Do y put really think the coaches are going to make a first rounder inactive week after week if he played so well?  Come on…

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

What do you think they could get for a guy that can’t even crack the game day lineup? I can’t imagine it would be much.

Might as well keep him in case an injury happens.

NFL trade values can be weird sometimes, but I think we might be able to get a 4th for him? Comes down to how much teams value Elams status as a recent 1st round pick. 

As long as he's not a locker-room cancer (and I haven't seen a single report saying he has a bad attitude) I think he's much more valuable to keep as a depth guy than trying to trade him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

NFL trade values can be weird sometimes, but I think we might be able to get a 4th for him? Comes down to how much teams value Elams status as a recent 1st round pick. 

As long as he's not a locker-room cancer (and I haven't seen a single report saying he has a bad attitude) I think he's much more valuable to keep as a depth guy than trying to trade him. 

Possibly, but 22 year old first rounders don’t do well as depth. His confidence has to be shot and he deserves a chance to restart his young career. It obviously isn’t here and that’s unfortunate, but it has to be embarrassing for him at this point. 

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

From the crowd rises a chant..."we want Elam...WE WANT ELAM...WE WANT ELAM!"

Coach McDermott turns, yells "Elam...come here!"

Elam throws off his coat, and hastens to McDermott's side:  "Yes, Coach?"

McDermott:  "Go see what they want..."

Coat?!?  We’d have the first death by heatstroke in the league in 21 years.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.