Jonathan Taylor... NOW!

The_Ripster

1 minute ago, The_Ripster said:

1. They gotta get rid of Dorsey
2. They gotta go out and get the every-down offensive weapon they need

Thoughts?

Thoughts NO 17 needs to actually learn how to take what the Defense gives him, and play within the offense.

Enough of the same bull#### every game for 5 years.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

When will people realize you do NOT win football games / Super Bowls by paying running backs? This board is OBSESSED with RBs.

No team who has won the Super Bowl in the last 15 years has paid a starting RB over 2.5M 

You don't win by paying an RB, these are world class athletes. You win by putting an OL on the field .. the RB is irrelevant. 

JT was GREAT his rookie year with the best OL in the NFL.. last year, they weren't as good and neither was he. As the OL goes, the RB goes. 

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why get more weapons when we wont even use the ones we have?

Cook played well. He looked exactly as I expect and want. Outran guys around the corner multiple times.

Oh and then Dorsey stopped calling outside zones, sweeps. Runs 2... gets 10 yards per... abandons it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

When will people realize you do NOT win football games / Super Bowls by paying running backs? This board is OBSESSED with RBs.

No team who has won the Super Bowl in the last 15 years has paid a starting RB over 2.5M 

You don't win by paying an RB, these are world class athletes. You win by putting an OL on the field .. the RB is irrelevant. 

JT was GREAT his rookie year with the best OL in the NFL.. last year, they weren't as good and neither was he. As the OL goes, the RB goes. 

Because it's what we don't have. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, warrior9 said:

Oh and then Dorsey stopped calling outside zones, sweeps. Runs 2... gets 10 yards per... abandons it. 

While Hackett was smart enough to lean into it when he saw it working for them.

Is that where we're really at? Hackett is a better OC than ours?

Seems so after last night...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Because it's what we don't have. 

Neither did the Chiefs last year.. or the patriots in their dynasty, the eagles has 4 of them on rotation.

You don't win by paying RBs.. again, no team in the last 15 years has won a SB by paying an RB... not a single one. 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

i fking hope not man. 

Like i said in another thread.... Week 1 is a lie. Some teams look better than they are and most look worse

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Cook played well. He looked exactly as I expect and want. Outran guys around the corner multiple times.

Yeah, RB is not the reason we lost. That was on #17. 

I miss Daboll more with every game that passes. Josh needs a calming influence, and Mr Tablet Smasher is not that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

True ,  but you have to break tackles at some point ( see whites two arm tackles being broken leading to impressive chunk runs) , and cook is no THURMAN THOMAS,, lol,,,guy is pretty light in the pants and while he can get around pursuit, he is not snapping off big runs and there were times some larger gains were in front of him if he had more balance and power. Better than last year but still quick to be stopped short of first downs. Murray looked good . Lewis looked  ok so far. Line cant always hold holes open for long. 

2 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

True ,  but you have to break tackles at some point ( see whites two arm tackles being broken leading to impressive chunk runs) , and cook is no THURMAN THOMAS,, lol,,,guy is pretty light in the pants and while he can get around pursuit, he is not snapping off big runs and there were times some larger gains were in front of him if he had more balance and power. Better than last year but still quick to be stopped short of first downs. Murray looked good . Lewis looked  ok so far. Line cant always hold holes open for long. 

Cook will not break tackles. He has never been that player.

It's actually really surprising seeing so many people upset about that this morning.

He's a speed guy. He beats guys to the corner or to the hole. And he did that very well all last night.

He will snap off big gains when we get him space like all the space Hall had to run through.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Cook will not break tackles. He has never been that player.

It's actually really surprising seeing so many people upset about that this morning.

He's a speed guy. He beats guys to the corner or to the hole. And he did that very well all last night.

He will snap off big gains when we get him space like all the space Hall had to run through.

Cook is more than fine in this Offense and if Allen wasn't a disaster, we'd be talking about Cook's first game as lead back including a 25-30 yard TD reception aka the main reason we drafted him. 

• Like (+1) 2

Cook has never been a feature back ever. Not in high school, college or the pros. Not sure why the Bills think that changes all of the sudden. We brought in Harris and gave him 9 snaps in a game that we led like 80% of the game. Then brought in Murray in the second half more than Harris. I have no idea what the plan is at RB. But Taylor would help that is for sure. We dont need him, but having Taylor and being able to play more under center and utilize play action would make this team harder to defend. Allen in the shotgun street ball has been figured out. Its called rush 4, double Diggs, dont worry about the running game and just have your QB spy. Give up the short 3 yards and wait for the Bills to call dumb plays that lose 5 yards or Allen to force something out of frustration. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

really frustrating to be up two scores on a team that’s totally floundering and not have the qbs ear about ball security and actually having one of the few weeks we’re we should go super safe and grind it with no threat from the jets offense 

instead we will go conservative against a high powered team and let them back in.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

At no point last night did I think our biggest problem was RB. To answer question, I think it’s a dumb idea.

Cook is not THE problem, but he is definitely upgradeable…he is not cut out to be a team’s primary running back.

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

Cook is not THE problem, but he is definitely upgradeable…he is not cut out to be a team’s primary running back.

It’s just not a concern I have for this team right now. Make Harris the lead back for all I care. Either way, I would never want us to trade for Taylor.

38 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Cook has never been a feature back ever. Not in high school, college or the pros. Not sure why the Bills think that changes all of the sudden. We brought in Harris and gave him 9 snaps in a game that we led like 80% of the game. Then brought in Murray in the second half more than Harris. I have no idea what the plan is at RB. But Taylor would help that is for sure. We dont need him, but having Taylor and being able to play more under center and utilize play action would make this team harder to defend. Allen in the shotgun street ball has been figured out. Its called rush 4, double Diggs, dont worry about the running game and just have your QB spy. Give up the short 3 yards and wait for the Bills to call dumb plays that lose 5 yards or Allen to force something out of frustration. 

Again, why don't people realize that RBs don't make an offense and no team that has won in the last 15 years had an RB that they paid more than 2.5M for? 

Having Taylor doesn't make the line better. It doesn't make Dorsey's rotation make sense. It does nothing.

If you don't have an OL, the RB doesn't matter. People need to stop clamoring for big names. 

2 things: 1.) Taylor was great his rookie year with an amazing OL, his numbers last year? not great before injruy.

2.) how do you even know he's healthy? he had season ending ankle surgery and now he has back issues.. SURE LET'S SIGN HIM because he has a name.. Bills fans are soooo oddly obsessed with RBs 

Remember when some of us wanted to draft Breese Hall and the naysayers were saying "You can't draft a RB in the 1st round".  So it turned out they were right about the Bills not drafting a RB in the 1st & instead the Bills drafted Mr. Inactive Kaiir Elam.  Next time draft the RB and stop with this stupid philosophy of no 1st round RBs.    

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

These are knives made out of snake, or designed to cut snake, or both?

Cut snake.  A Firesign Theatre original, I believe. 😁

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

D Hopkins.....NOW!!!!!!

Let me rout around and see if I can find that thread...🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The_Ripster said:

1. They gotta get rid of Dorsey
2. They gotta go out and get the every-down offensive weapon they need

Thoughts?

Spotrac has the Bills at $527K to spend and they are already $24M over the cap in 2024. 

How do they fit Taylor at $12M in a year into that budget? 

12 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Spotrac has the Bills at $527K to spend and they are already $24M over the cap in 2024. 

Taylor is at $4M this year. Who cares if he is back next year. 

13 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Elam for Taylor straight up. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Willie Parker's salary was $4.15m the year the Steelers won the Superbowl in 09. That was the first one I checked. I doubt there's more but there's one. 

Sorry. There's been a few people saying there's been 0 players/teams that did or didn't do ____ when there has. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.