Oh and How About Bernard

Thrivefourfive

Jesus, he’s a nice junior college middle killer. But having offensive lineman continuing to find him 5 yards down field and clamp him up was disgusting to watch. TB is really REALY out of his element. I’m not even sure if he’s explosive enough to be a special teamer (he can surely play punt team). 

Another negative takeaway from this ass game. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Jesus, he’s a nice junior college middle killer. But having offensive lineman continuing to find him 5 yards down field and clamp him up was disgusting to watch. TB is really REALY out of his element. I’m not even sure if he’s explosive enough to be a special teamer (he can surely play punt team). 

He lead our team in tackles with 11.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Sounds like a defensive line thread.

There a few plays I saw live he’d probably like to react quicker on. Got eaten up because he was indecisive. Overall though he wasn’t a problem tonight. Defense played great other than a few missed tackles.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He’s brutal.  Just jumping into gaps all night long.  No pop. Lightest hands I’ve ever seen on a MLB. Total joke.  To think this staff had Kuechley and Thomas Davis. It’s almost like they can’t admit their evals are wrong.  Dude won’t start for another team after he fails here.  Total joke. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

He made a couple of nice plays, but his lack of size was really used against him tonight.  He was manhandled at times and just got blown up on more plays than you would like to see.  It's his first game, so I am willing to cut him a little slack, but he has a long way to go.  In the end, he just might not be physical enough to win consistently.  Won't be surprised to see someone else starting there sooner than later.

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He came on in the second half and made some nice stops at the LOS.  I'd give the kid a few games to find his sea legs.

I hate to sound like a Troy Aikman, but a well-coached 16 year old would throw his body forward when there were obvious running plays by the Jets at those points in the game. 

He’s tiny, and doesn’t look super fast. He looks like a practice squad second team bait player to replicate a bad or hurt MLB for the Bills offense to plan against. 

Again, as one of two Linebackers on the field, he’s out of his element. 

Side note: if the Bills screw up what will be a Matt Milano Defensive Player of the Year campaign… that’d just be perfect. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

I hate to sound like a Troy Aikman, but a well-coached 16 year old would throw his body forward when there were obvious running plays by the Jets at those points in the game. 

He’s tiny, and doesn’t look super fast. He looks like a practice squad second team bait player to replicate a bad or hurt MLB for the Bills offense to plan against. 

Side note: if the Bills screw up what will be a Matt Milano Defensive Player of the Year campaign… that’d just be perfect. 

Milano deserves better. Hoping Kirksey can be ready. 

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

Imagine if this team lost Milano to injury.  

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

My worry all off-season was he lost a step and behind a bad MLB they would ask too much of him.

I think we saw that on both the early breece runs. 

Relying on old legs on the backend always had the chance to blow up on us. I was hoping the guys had some of the magic left but Micah and Poyer are in year 11.  Hard to keep that level of play up.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Maybe so.  He and all the players on D will get a lot of blame if the O turns the ball over 4 times and scores 16 points per game.

If talking the impossible, sure. If Josh has 68 turnovers TB will be low on the list. 

but assuming this offense lands top 10ish, and TB doesn’t magically find 20lbs of heft while not losing any speed - he’s the likely consistent weekly issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bernard needs to tap his DTs ass (Oliver) and shift the DLine left when he sees an overloaded 3 TE front. The DL did not shift and got overlveraged to the left and got caught. Bernard was even looking back at Hyde communicating the overload. Bernard needs to tap ass and shift. Time to be a leader fast.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Bernard needs to tap his DTs ass (Oliver) and shift the DLine left when he sees an overloaded 3 TE front. The DL did not shift and got overlveraged to the left and got caught. Bernard was even looking back at Hyde communicating the overload. Bernard needs to tap ass and shift. Time to be a leader fast.  

That is another point. Luckily it didn’t cost them bc Wilson was playing. But Bernard did not seem to know what adjustments or calls to make either. Doubly bad. 

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

It certainly cost us. That was the Breece Hall 80 yard run. Watch the replay. 

You are right. I guess I should have said it would not have cost us if our O didn’t crap itself. But Bernard was involved on many of the jets positive plays. Including halls big runs. 

Bernard was overall better than I thought he’d be when real bullets started flying.  But my bar was very low. 

There was one play in the 4th (?) where he got absolutely obliterated. It happened right in front of me on the 30. It was actually hilarious. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Lots of blame can be given for this loss but Bernard did not lose the game for the Buffalo Bills tonight.

The defense did not lose the game for us tonight.

Any rational fan who watched the game will admit that. Oh wait, look at the place I am writing this at.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.