Jets OT TD should have been called back...

Reed83HOF

6 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

If Allen doesn’t turn it over FOUR TIMES then this isn’t even an issue.

Quit crying about penalties.

Yes, very likely that Jets still would have won on a FG, but.....

It IS an issue because it's either gross incompetence by the refs....no way that wasn't seen by 3-4 refs as it was in the open field, right next to the ball carrier....or the "fix" was in. Also, why couldn't the TD have been overturned on replay review, as all TDs are reviewed?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bob Jones said:

Yes, very likely that Jets still would have won on a FG, but.....

It IS an issue because it's either gross incompetence by the refs....no way that wasn't seen by 3-4 refs as it was in the open field, right next to the ball carrier....or the "fix" was in. Also, why couldn't the TD have been overturned on replay review, as all TDs are reviewed?

In terms of issues. I’d rank it dead last. 

so they have the ball at the 20 instead of a TD. 

they run twice and then kick a chip shot FG on 3rd down. 

bills still lose. 

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

bills still lose. 

The PERSONAL FOUL leg whip happened at the 27 yard line, so take it back 15 yards to the 42 yard line. So yeah, Bills D could have made a stand...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Reverse Meathead said:

You can't give up on the play.   A TD beats you for sure but a field goal is an attempt.  Anything can happen. A muffed snap a block, alot of things can happen.  The odds are slim but better than your odds giving up a TD there.  

I thought the same thing at first about the non call because it happened in the Bills half but then I remembered Josh's freak fumble against the Vikings last year that gifted them the victory. Anything can happen in an NFL game and even though the Jets kicker was on last night, he might have missed, fumbled snap etc.  In addition, another poster reminded me of JP Losman this morning and I recalled this piece of brilliance, which was appropriately against the Jets with just 2 mins left in the game.

• Agree 1

I didn't think it was as clear as the announcer said, personally.

But - as most have said - it wouldn't have made much difference. And we deserved to lose that game.  The Jets won it fair & square.  

Credit to them & Saleh.  Some teams might have folded after seeing the QB go down like that.

On 9/12/2023 at 9:38 AM, blitzboy54 said:

What difference did that make. If they call it, it's first 10 on the 35. They kick the FG and they win. At that point just let us go to bed. 

First and 10 on the 42.  Foul at the 27, 15 yard penalty to the 42, plus 18 yards for end zone and snap = 60 yard FG.  Odds are the Jets run 3x up the middle for no yards.  I'll take those odds any day over literally just handing the Jets the win with a TD on a blown call.  That's the difference it would make, you sad quitter.

On 9/12/2023 at 9:51 AM, CountDorkula said:

bills still lose. 

How are you getting the 20?  Foul was at the 27, plus 15 yard penalty to the 42.  That's a 60 yard FG hardly a chip shot.

On 9/12/2023 at 1:56 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

exactly. Enforce the 15 yard personal foul penalty and they still get the ball at like the 35 yard line.

42 yard line, foul at the 27.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Penalty then 3 and out. Who knows. We could’ve got the ball back. 

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

First and 10 on the 42.  Foul at the 27, 15 yard penalty to the 42, plus 12 yards for end zone and snap = 60 yard FG.  Odds are the Jets run 3x up the middle for no yards.  I'll take those odds any day over literally just handing the Jets the win with a TD on a blown call.  That's the difference it would make, you sad quitter.

How are you getting the 20?  Foul was at the 27, plus 15 yard penalty to the 42.  That's a 60 yard FG hardly a chip shot.

42 yard line, foul at the 27.

They’re just emotional losers. “We deserved to lose!”  

Brady and Belichick would’ve taken that penalty all day and pulled out a win somehow. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.