9/11/23 GAMEDAY Week 1 Bills @ Jets MNF Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

i can't convince myself that elam is hopeless. i think he is a player that needs time to play to develop.

I agree that he is not hopeless as a football player. But it's possible that he may be hopeless in *this* system. 

We drafted him knowing that he has never played a down of zone and then threw him into a zone-heavy offense. And I believe that affected him mentally as well. In fact, during an interview a few weeks ago he said: "I stayed up nights trying to figure how to make plays playing zone" last season.

It also appears that the Bills were honest with Elam this off-season about where he was struggling. He mentioned in that same interview that he tried this training camp to put on film that he is getting better on all the areas that "the G.M. and the head coach wanted to see from me".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chas56 said:

Charter/Spectrum and Disney have a deal. The game will be shown. If this is the the wrong spot to post this, sorry.

I posted it in that thread that discusses it.  No one has paid attention, so you likely have notified people by posting it here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My intestines are all bubbly. Not sure I've had so much anxiety before a Bills game. Chiefs lost, Bengals got smoked, Miami looks pretty damn good. I know it's only week 1, but the Bills could really use this game. Might be the biggest week 1 game I can think of. Would love to shut all the Jets ass kissers up too. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Was productive for about 30 minutes today at work. It's gonna be a long time to go 

3 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I am without a doubt the hardest working person where I work. Today I’m purposely not doing anything. Can’t focus 

i'm doing entry level work for my day. it's busy work. it'll save me time just doing it myself but i am just clearing up ERP and MRP data for 2 weeks out to save me time later. having it done now and done right by me vs. someone else is big (even though they get it right, too)

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Will come out around 645-7pm.

P/S call ups will come out around 4pm. Expecting Kirksey elevated.

News about Hamlin being inactive, makes sense...we just have a loaded secondary.

Inactive guesses: Hamlin (confirmed), Kingsley, L Murray, Anderson, Ifedi, Dodson

Makes sense. I have a feeling Murray might be playing today. They will want to run the ball hard…. Interesting to see who is in and who is out. 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I just watched the season opener vs the jets from 2002. It's amazing how much the game has changed in 20 years, but also the game went to ot and the jets returned the kick for a td in ot to win the game. Amazingly, I don't remember this. Bledsoe sucked 

if they ever wanted to build a statue for Bledsoe outside the stadium, they wouldn’t have to… just pay him to come stand there ad infinitum!

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully McD makes a change if the play at LB next to Milano is awful that we are getting shredded by the Jets. 

That is absolutely my only concern for this game and the forthcoming season. OLine we have seen some form of improvement whether it is sustained remains to be seen but going by paper standards Josh has succeeded with less. He’s just that good. 

All around I think we are good. Every team has a question mark. It’s how you adapt, overcome and mask/reduce that being a absolute deficiency or detriment that’s capable of losing you a game/s. 

Go Bills!