Around the NFL Week 1

HappyDays

Just now, Chaos said:

I like Purdy. I like Pickett.  They are not top tier QBs (Allen, Burrows, Mahomes) but solid QBs who give their teams a chance to win. 

I like Purdy more than Pickett, simply because the situation he’s in. Pickett needs to be something more to help the Steelers contend. Purdy is surrounded by insane talent, and a great offensive system. That’s not necessarily Pickett’s fault, but I see Purdy in a better light due to those factors. I will give Purdy tons of credit for being a smart QB, he makes the right reads, and seems to understand the offense. Pickett seem more of a work in progress. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I like Purdy. I like Pickett.  They are not top tier QBs (Allen, Burrows, Mahomes) but solid QBs who give their teams a chance to win. 

At least in Purdy's case...he doesn't have to be top tier. There are so many weapons around him and enough plays where those guys are schemed open that he can have a lot of success just being smart with the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

watching the nfl brought to you by "youtube tv". 

💰💰💰

For what it’s worth, last year in week one, DirectTV was already having problems broadcasting the games....there was over an hour where no games could be accessed......smooth sailing so far on YouTube.

7 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s fair, I think they might be able to win with him if they play Steeler ball. That means dominating both sides of the line. However, he doesn’t have the “it factor” most star QB’s have these days. I don’t see the crazy physical gifts, or Burrow like decision making that successful QB’s have in this era. 

I wouldn't put too much stock in his rookie year when he was stuck behind one of the worst OLines in the NFL.

He had some of that IT in college and I wouldn't be surprised to see it come out eventually if they can eventually give him some room to operate.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

At least in Purdy's case...he doesn't have to be top tier. There are so many weapons around him and enough plays where those guys are schemed open that he can have a lot of success just being smart with the ball.

For all the asterisks given to Purdy for the system he's in and the talent around him he seemed to run that system better than any of the other guys they had including Garoppolo who had way more experience and Trey Lance who should have way more talent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.