Diggs likes to tell teammates they stink, and the teammates love him for it

Beck Water

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/stefon-diggs-keeps-telling-the-bills-that-they-stink-heres-why-teammates-love-it/article_08a94d80-4b68-11ee-9e73-771a4f04ef73.html

paywall, I can't keep track of what specials are offered but there probably is one

“It’s super simple,” wide receiver Gabe Davis said. “When he yells at you that you stink, and he says it in his aggressive way … I mean, it’s just so harsh, so simple. But yet, it stings real bad. So, hearing him say that to people is just the funniest thing.”

“But it’s all out of love,” Knox adds. “You’re trying to motivate the best out of people. … If someone told me that I stink, I know I’d up my game a little bit.”

Apparently there may be an explanation as to why Diggs goes through women like other guys go through tshirts:

“I just have a nickname for them,” Diggs said. “You know how you call your girlfriend, or like you nickname your girlfriend, like ‘Stink’? Or ‘Stinka Butt’?”

Diggs breaks into a smile as he says it. He knows this all might sound a little ridiculous. He also knows it works.

Actually, No, Diggs, I don't, and around here the guy likely be sleeping on the sofa if not in the literal doghouse if he tried that (unless he was commenting on one's literal need for a shower after a spinning class), but I guess when you're a multi-millionaire athlete who can put two women up in the same fancy hotel and fill both rooms with roses and maybe some jewelry, the rules are different.  But I digress:

“The truth hurts sometimes, and you know, Stef is gonna give it to you the harsh way, but that’s the best way to get it,” Davis said. “It makes you really want to prove him wrong, and work on your craft and become better.  “So, when you are doing things that he was getting on you about, it’s like, ‘Now look, Stef!’ Like, ‘I’m freaking doing it better than you.’ ”

there’s one group that definitely knows to expect it: the defensive backs. That’s partly natural – Diggs believes he can beat any of them on any rep. But it’s also partly educational.

“I talk all the (stuff) in the world, but at the end of the day, you can ask any of the DBs – I want the best out of them,” Diggs said.

“Part of me challenging them is really just putting them on a daily scale of: ‘Be better today.’ If you can’t guard me today, you can’t guard me tomorrow. It’s more so like a challenge.”

“I’ve seen that in real time, for sure,” Sherfield added. “He will sit down (with the defense) and say, ‘You know, this is what I’m thinking on this release,’ or, ‘This is what you should be doing to counteract that,’ or whatever it may be.”

Then there's the Karma Payback:

So, Neal dishes it right back.

“I can get in his head, too,” Neal said. “I tell him like: ‘I’m a special team player that covers a No. 1 receiver.’ He gets mad about it, and then I say: ‘Stop crying about it.’

“ ‘Play like you’re a $100 million guy versus a special-teams player. But you can’t get open versus a special-team player, so now you crying.’ ”

Edit: Neal is the guy Diggs was having an altercation with that carried over into Josh Allen's press conference.  I guess now we know why 😆

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/stefon-diggs-keeps-telling-the-bills-that-they-stink-heres-why-teammates-love-it/article_08a94d80-4b68-11ee-9e73-771a4f04ef73.html

paywall, I can't keep track of what specials are offered but there probably is one

Apparently there may be an explanation as to why Diggs goes through women like other guys go through tshirts:

Because they smell like B.O.?  

Since Diggs has been back this year I have really liked everything that I have seen of him and that wasn’t always the case before. I had doubts about this year but not anymore, it just seems different this year and it starts with Diggs. If the Bills achieve great success this year I truly believe a lot of it is going to be because of HIM, not just because of what he can do personally but because of HIM pushing his teammates to greater heights, getting more out of the other players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.