Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

The Jets are weaker against the run, and I'd imagine their focus is largely on Allen in pregame planning.  I hope Dorsey uses this opportunity to establish a REAL run game for the Bills, and put some emphasis on that part of the game.  

They key w/ the Jets is going to be avoiding 3rd & longs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

In my opinion, this can be a statement game for the Bills.  With all the Jets hype, beating them in their stadium on MNF could be big.  It would show that the Bills still own the division and, depending on the score, maybe put some doubt in the minds of the Jets.

A Bills loss wouldn’t be as big of a deal for them, being 3-time division champions but would be a jolt for the Jets.

I agree that this can be a statement game for the Bills. We NEED to win. You say a loss isn't as much of a big deal? I disagree. If we lose, we continue the Bills are soft and declining story that is out there with some media pundits. If we lose to the jets we still have one of the most daunting schedules ahead of us. This is a game we "should" win on our sked. If not, we are in for a tough season IMO.

Let's see what we have with our new receivers and Defense. Gonna be a BIG game boys!

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes,  let’s rely on our running game as opposed to the elite playmaker on offense in Allen… no thanks. I’ll take my chances with Allen airing it out and making plays happen with his legs over “establishing a REAL run game”. 

Bills need to have a running game with the RBs this year. We've been one dimensional, and when the other team shuts down the passing game we have nothing to fall back on.

The Jets loss last year is a good example of that. Allen had 200 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs (he had 86 yards rushing and 2 rush TDs). The leading RB rusher was Singletary with 24 yards and 3 ypc. The passing game wasn't working at all, and we had nothing else to fall back on except Allen scrambles and designed runs.  

• Agree 3

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes,  let’s rely on our running game as opposed to the elite playmaker on offense in Allen… no thanks. I’ll take my chances with Allen airing it out and making plays happen with his legs over “establishing a REAL run game”. 

There are good chances of thunderstorms during the game which will make it difficult to pass in.  We would need to have a strong run game then.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I agree that this can be a statement game for the Bills. We NEED to win. You say a loss isn't as much of a big deal? I disagree. If we lose, we continue the Bills are soft and declining story that is out there with some media pundits. If we lose to the jets we still have one of the most daunting schedules ahead of us. This is a game we "should" win on our sked. If not, we are in for a tough season IMO.

Let's see what we have with our new receivers and Defense. Gonna be a BIG game boys!

Yeah losing would be terrible, I can't even imagine how awful this place would be if we lost, like even if we win the following week it'd probably still be completely uninhabitable.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

I had espn get up on and  the host believe Rodgers is going to through for 400 on Monday ….

That’s what you get for watching ESPN.  😋

20 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

That is concerning.  Let us know if anyone else says anything outlandish.

I think we are OK as long as it’s not VERY concerning. 

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nothing Allen shouldn’t be able to handle… just two years ago in a wind storm against the Patriots he made it look pretty easy(when they finally let him sling it) 

There are two parts of the passing game.  Throwing and catching.  Gabe Davis will be on the field, remember! 🤣 

We’re much better when the weather is perfect. This, I believe. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.