Jordan Palmer's QB Room Podcast with co-host Kyle Allen: Josh Allen edition just dropped

Beck Water

6 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Actually now that I think of it even Brady got so trashed he needed help moving after the last TB SB win.

Yeah there are similar stories about Mahomes in the Chiefs Superbowl parade.  He was observed just HAMMERING beers and so drunk he almost fell off the bus.  I mean, you just won the freakin' Superbowl, who wouldn't party? 

But when asked on twitter the next day if he had a hangover, Mahomes tweeted back  "I went to Texas Tech...prepared me for these moments." 

I think Kermit slammed the brews a little harder than a novice (or someone way out of practice) would manage.  I'm betting if he had "close friends" interviewing him or we were all up in his friends' Instas, we'd find some stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah there are similar stories about Mahomes in the Chiefs Superbowl parade.  He was observed just HAMMERING beers and so drunk he almost fell off the bus.  I mean, you just won the freakin' Superbowl, who wouldn't party? 

But when asked on twitter the next day if he had a hangover, Mahomes tweeted back  "I went to Texas Tech...prepared me for these moments." 

I think Kermit slammed the brews a little harder than a novice (or someone way out of practice) would manage.  I'm betting if he had "close friends" interviewing him or we were all up in his friends' Instas, we'd find some stuff.

Who wouldn't be wasted after winning the SB!?!

Congrats Kermit 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh sure has a healthy ego about what he could do in other sports....LOL

Personal oxygen tank....LOL

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Brady was so drunk he could not walk and through the lombardi from one boat to another

Agree with the first Para. 

Regarding the massive hangover story, yeah I didn't like it but 1) we have no idea how common it is for Josh 2) I don't know why you would be "convinced" Mahomes doesn't ever do that.  First off, do you follow Mahomes content thoroughly and carefully?  Second, it's not as though his "Quarterback Producer" mom and brother are abstainers.   We know at least one Chiefs assistant coach was drinking hard at work, so it's not like the Chiefs have an abstinance culture.  Maybe Mahomes parties but he just doesn't have "good friends" who tell stories about it on him on their podcast interview, so how would you know?

The only QB I'm pretty confident never drank to excess was Mr Avocado Ice Cream and I don't eat Tomatoes, Tom Brady.

Bills fans and Bills media need to get this fact through their heads: Allen and the Bills are not Mahomes.

There is a gap.

If Mahomes never gets better he’s proven that level wins Championships plural.

For Allen, he has played at a Top 4 level for the past 3 years. It’s 35-37 TDs throwing, 6-8 rushing TDs. It’s outstanding!

But the Bills are not the Chiefs, so all some fans are asking - is there another level that Josh can get to? 

He’s not getting younger and this staff doesn’t want him to run more, so the obvious door that is open to me is his physical fitness. 

If Danielle Radcliffe can get ripped, all I’m noticing is that Allen doesn’t hit the weight room by comparison.

He has said this. The Kyle Brandt interviews where he talks about getting by on talent. He came back to Buffalo this year saying he “can do more” and “he’s more focused on football than ever” we all know what that was.

I don’t hate the man or anything like that, of course he’s great for this team and city.

But I don’t think it’s illogical to listen to the interviews that he does, listen to these podcasts with Jordan Palmer, listen to the Simms interview, see this photos and conclude, the guy doesn’t work out as much as he could.

And for a team desperately trying to keep 2020-2022 together, Allen’s fitness is one potential path to unlock a higher level. And the Bills need that. 

Nobody is saying he can’t have a beer or he needs to stay in his house with the shades down all day. But get photographed with a lower body fat content and actual definition in your legs? Maybe get photographed with a weight in your hand like Herbert who realized quickly that he needed to lift to improve in the NFL? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

And of course, @oldmanfan nailed it: "You claim to not like someone personally that you’ve never met.  That is what is bizarre."  @Nelius spoke truth:  "that's not exactly constructive criticism."

I'd rather not drag this into another day, but I don't have respect for anyone who drinks to excess. I've never done it and never understood why people enjoy damaging themselves. I don't surround myself with people who are irresponsible and lack self control in this way. I don't have to know Josh's heart intimately to know that I don't care much for him because of his habits.

This isn't some bizarre take.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Bro mahomes was shotgunning beers w Luke Combs at his concert

Yeah and he was pounding beers during the Golf challenge this Summer....no idea where this idea that Mahomes doesn't party or indulge himself during his down time comes from lol.  

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'd rather not drag this into another day, but I don't have respect for anyone who drinks to excess. I've never done it and never understood why people enjoy damaging themselves. I don't surround myself with people who are irresponsible and lack self control in this way. I don't have to know Josh's heart intimately to know that I don't care much for him because of his habits.

Maybe being a Buffalo Bills fan isn't for you, Buffalo is a hard drinking town to begin with.  You might be happier finding a new team to root for. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

OK, so you don't respect Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes, Josh Allen, and before him Jim Kelly.  Got It.

And drinking to excess, even if done in a setting which doesn't involve driving or placing others at risk, is irresponsible.  Got it.

In fact, you probably don't respect the vast majority of sports stars in general and the Bills team in particular, because I think most of them tie on on at some interval.

Calibration complete, Thanks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bills fans and Bills media need to get this fact through their heads: Allen and the Bills are not Mahomes.

There is a gap.

If Mahomes never gets better he’s proven that level wins Championships plural.

For Allen, he has played at a Top 4 level for the past 3 years. It’s 35-37 TDs throwing, 6-8 rushing TDs. It’s outstanding!

But the Bills are not the Chiefs, so all some fans are asking - is there another level that Josh can get to? 

He’s not getting younger and this staff doesn’t want him to run more, so the obvious door that is open to me is his physical fitness. 

If Danielle Radcliffe can get ripped, all I’m noticing is that Allen doesn’t hit the weight room by comparison.

He has said this. The Kyle Brandt interviews where he talks about getting by on talent. He came back to Buffalo this year saying he “can do more” and “he’s more focused on football than ever” we all know what that was.

I don’t hate the man or anything like that, of course he’s great for this team and city.

But I don’t think it’s illogical to listen to the interviews that he does, listen to these podcasts with Jordan Palmer, listen to the Simms interview, see this photos and conclude, the guy doesn’t work out as much as he could.

And for a team desperately trying to keep 2020-2022 together, Allen’s fitness is one potential path to unlock a higher level. And the Bills need that. 

Nobody is saying he can’t have a beer or he needs to stay in his house with the shades down all day. But get photographed with a lower body fat content and actual definition in your legs? Maybe get photographed with a weight in your hand like Herbert who realized quickly that he needed to lift to improve in the NFL? 

You don’t have the slightest clue about his workout regimen.  None whatsoever.  Someone posted a picture of him with Davis to show his upper body tone and you keep on with this crap.

Allen can improve, as can any player.  He needs to learn to take check downs, get the ball out quicker.  But to suggest the Bills aren’t winning Super Bowls because Josh isn’t committed is just nuts.

• Agree 2

There is a gap.

OK, I can go with this.  They've been to 3 and won 2 Superbowls since Allen was drafted.  Gap, check.

But this is where it starts to run off the rails to me.

I believe I heard McAfee say that Allen is the active player with the most consecutive starts, 71.

In the Miami game, where players were dropping with heat stroke and cramps, Allen played every snap.

He finished the season 7th in passing yards and 34 in rush yards - not QB rush yards, everybody's rush yards

He's noted for his ability to truck grown-ass NFL DBs, LBs, and defensive ends.

Yet people believe that somehow, he does this while not working out and taking care of his physical fitness?  And while not studying film?

By the way, "ripped" is not a good standard for either strength or physical fitness.  Where's some of our personal trainer guys here to help me out?  "Ripped" has to do with training for muscle definition in every muscle group, and training for low body fat %.   Those aren't necessarily indicative, or even compatible, with the kind of functional fitness a guy needs to play every offensive snap for 19 games and take hit after hit.

Can Allen improve as a QB?  Yes, he can, and I've got the receipts here of saying so and providing some specifics.

But this "needs to improve physical fitness" "doesn't watch film" or "lazy" talk is just off the rails.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I've thought about it a little differently - not that Josh needs to work out more now to take things over the top, but rather it seems there is room in the future when his next 'stage' comes to start focusing on fitness even more which will help keep him on that premiere level.

Regarding Mahomes, two things that impressed and kind of surprised me from the Quarterback show was 1) how fiery/competitive he was and 2) him being such a workout warrior.  I went away from the show with more respect for him 

Edited by stevewin

You all realize that Netflix Quarterback show is personally curated by Mahomes' and the Chiefs' PR teams, right? You think he signed up so they could show him knocking down beers on the golf course? Reality TV isn't a new concept - let me be the first to tell you it isn't actually reality.

Allen had a UCL injury in his throwing arm that would have ended many QBs' seasons and was playing in a game one week later. That doesn't happen without an almost superhuman dedication to fitness and rehab. Just like Mahomes playing on a high ankle sprain. All of the guys playing at that level over the course of a brutal NFL season have an insane commitment to their bodies.

• Like (+1) 3

He doesn't come across well in this interview. If a few of you could take off the rose coloured glasses, you'd see that too. He hasn't won anything yet so let's hold off on the comparisons to QBs getting drunk after winning a super bowl. That only makes it look worse.

• Eyeroll 1

Do all y’all remember  being in your twenties? 

When I was that age “we” ( most of us anyways) all drank too much, smoked too much, did too many illicit drugs, and grew up to be responsible citizens who vote regularly and treat each other decently, so what’s the problem with a young people getting laid and getting a buzz on in their spare time????

Some folk here sound like nattering old ladies clutching their pearls,

This reminds me of a joke me and my brother told our father, we started talking about the “new condoms” that had serial numbers on them, and asked dad if he saw those, he said no, then my brother said, “I guess you don’t roll them as far down as we do…, 

Thank you thank you, I’ll be here all week…, 😁👍

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, stevewin said:

I've thought about it a little differently - not that Josh needs to work out more now to take things over the top, but rather it seems there is room in the future when his next 'stage' comes to start focusing on fitness even more which will help keep him on that premiere level.

I think this is a fair perspective.  It also sounds as though Josh has started thinking about it.

2 hours ago, QB Bills said:

He doesn't come across well in this interview. If a few of you could take off the rose coloured glasses, you'd see that too. He hasn't won anything yet so let's hold off on the comparisons to QBs getting drunk after winning a super bowl. That only makes it look worse.

I actually agree that Josh doesn't come across well in this interview.  Comes across as very golf-focused and kind of fratt-y with the getting super drunk and having personal oxygen bottles and pedialyte to recover.  News flash, Josh, acetaldyhyde is toxic and getting rid of the headache does not get rid of all the persistent effects.

Part of it is where the interviewers led him though.  I thought the whole podcast didn't come across well.  It was kind of a snooze-fest to me, actually, yattering on about golf courses and so forth.  I don't think either Kyle or Jordan are particularly gifted interviewers.

I felt Kyle and Jordan Palmer exploited their "insider status" as close friends of Josh Allen to bring out somewhat embarrassing anecdotes that they wouldn't be able to bring out about other QBs with whom they are NOT as "close friends" and don't see those private moments, and that objectively, really wasn't well done of them.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.