Bills/Jets game may be blacked out if you are a Spectrum subscriber.

Beast

3 hours ago, Beast said:

I have Spectrum and the ESPN app. One minute before tonight’s Utah/Florida game, Disney yanked ESPN from Spectrum subscribers over a contract dispute. I tried to watch it on my ESPN app and couldn’t do that either which makes no sense to me.

do you have phone service with spectrum?

if not, shut off your wifi.   So you phone will use something not-Spectrum for internet.

And/or, if this works, maybe try using your phone as a Mobile Hotspot.  Then set your laptop or tv to use the internet off your phone's HotSpot.

(gotta make sure you have plenty of data on your phone plan.  if not, its probably worth paying for the temporary upgrade.)

1 hour ago, Special K said:

OK, so what’s the verdict here??

If I pay for the espn+ streaming service, will I be able to see live sports like college football and shows like NFL live and PTI, or not??

No. If all you are paying for is ESPN+/Disney Bundle then you will not get live college football, NFL Live, PTI, etc.

You'll get some exclusive ESPN+ live games, usually B-sports like NHL, Soccer, smaller college sports like volleyball, baseball, soccer.

But to get the content that is on the broadcast stations you have to have a cable subscription or hulu live tv subscription.

Scroll down on this page to see what you get access to https://plus.espn.com/

From the FAQ:

ESPN+ has thousands of exclusive live events, original studio shows, and acclaimed series that aren’t on the ESPN networks...

An ESPN+ subscription does not give you access to stream ESPN’s traditional TV networks or the content on them. To stream those networks, you need a television subscription through a cable, satellite or digital provider.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

53 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No. If all you are paying for is ESPN+/Disney Bundle then you will not get live college football, NFL Live, PTI, etc.

You'll get some exclusive ESPN+ live games, usually B-sports like NHL, Soccer, smaller college sports like volleyball, baseball, soccer.

But to get the content that is on the broadcast stations you have to have a cable subscription or hulu live tv subscription.

From the FAQ:

If true, then what is the point of getting the streaming app??

I just hope these two idiot corporations can figure this out as quickly as possible...I’m not worried about the Bills game, as I still have ABC, but I hate the idea of missing college football, PTI, etc.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

From the FAQ:

Dr.

I’m not saying that you’re wrong, but I’m saying different things than what you’re seeing. There is clearly an upcoming video for the bills Jets game. I saw it whenever I was looking for a way to stream it tonight.

It just has the annotation. This game has not started yet underneath it.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Dr.

I’m not saying that you’re wrong, but I’m saying different things than what you’re seeing. There is clearly an upcoming video for the bills Jets game. I saw it whenever I was looking for a way to stream it tonight.

It just has the annotation. This game has not started yet underneath it.

I can see all the content PREVIEWS as well. Past episodes of PTI and NFL Live as well. But when you click to watch it, it won't let you. If you can, then you are signed in with a TV provider as well. That's how they get ya. Lure you into wanting to watch something, but then you cant.

If you go into Account Settings, you'll see the ESPN app has TWO different sign-in options. "Sign into ESPN+" and "Sign into Cable Provider".

Does it show you signed into a Cable Provider?

I'm Buffalo local so I should be able to get it on a local channel so think I'm covered but honestly I've seen things like this before and usually agreements only take a few days to work out so doubt it will affect our game which still 10 days away.  That said gotta love Disney as they seem to want to ruin everything. 

Edited by The Jokeman

Reading all these comments makes me wonder if people realize how badly we've been screwed by the NFL.  Look how hard it is to see all the games!  Look how many services you need to buy!  And reliability goes out the window if a contract dispute you have nothing to do with gets a channel or network pulled off the air.  We live in Memphis now and haven't had any CBS coverage for weeks via cable (DirecTV).  Not just football, no CBS at all.  This year we need YouTube to get Sunday Ticket, but the functionality we used to have is not all there.  The hassles and the costs keep going up, and the availability and service keep getting worse.  

Edited by Utah John

17 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Reading all these comments makes me wonder if people realize how badly we've been screwed by the NFL.  Look how hard it is to see all the games!  Look how many services you need to buy!  And reliability goes out the window if a contract dispute you have nothing to do with gets a channel or network pulled off the air.  We live in Memphis now and haven't had any CBS coverage for weeks via cable (DirecTV).  Not just football, no CBS at all.  This year we need YouTube to get Sunday Ticket, but the functionality we used to have is not all there.  The hassles and the costs keep going up, and the availability and service keep getting worse.  

Welcome to The American Corporation

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I will FaceTime the game for you.  Let me know if you want me to hold the phone horizontal or vertically.

Once in college in Indiana I couldn’t get the Bills game so my mom back in WNY graciously Skyped and set up the laptop in front of her TV for me so I could watch. Not great quality, but hey I saw the game!

24 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

2023 and I’m still wondering why people still have cable tv 

I think it’ll be funny in the late 2020s/early 2030s when all these streaming services start merging again to stay afloat/competitive. Pendulum will swing back toward cable-like packages I bet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Utah John said:

what ST functionality is missing?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.