I'm optimistic heading into this season

Pine Barrens Mafia

Why? Well, primarily because being a pessimist is stupid and counterproductive.

But, here are some enumerated reasons for optimism:

1) Year two of Dorsey in his job. Experience is valuable, and now he's going to have some more tools in the box. I'm really bullish on the tight ends especially.

2) we have Josh Allen. So long as that alien clone supersoldier is our QB, we have a chance to win.

3) Another year for Groot. Last year, the Frenchman had a sneaky 8 sack season, I see no plausible reason he can't build off it. I see at least 10 for Greg.

4) no Leslie Frazier. Thank heaven.

5) The pressure of expectation is shifted to lesser teams in the Jests and Miami. This team does better in that environment.

I could go on, but go bills 

• Like (+1) 15
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 12
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 10
  • Dislike 1

Me too!

We lost 3 games last year, and each one could have been won on a play.  We had terrible injury issues, blizzards, the Hamlin situation - it was crazy.

This year, I think the O-line will be significantly improved, and we are going to have a REAL running game. Nothing against Singletary, but I see Cook taking a big step, and Harris is pretty underestimated. When healthy, he's a great back.

Can't wait.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Couldn't agree more brother! 

Love the added depth as well. We're better than the 14-4 team we were last year by far. Sky is the limit 

I'm more confident this year than last.  I hated all the SB talk. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 3

Great post

It’s kind of sad that there are some bills fans that aren’t optimistic about this season and the rest of this Josh Allen era.  Don’t let the pressure of winning super bowls get to you.  Enjoy the ride.  Embrace how lucky we are to have 17.  It won’t last forever so I’ll be sure to take in and cherish every second of it.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Great post

It’s kind of sad that there are some bills fans that aren’t optimistic about this season and the rest of this Josh Allen era.  Don’t let the pressure of winning super bowls get to you.  Enjoy the ride.  Embrace how lucky we are to have 17.  It won’t last forever so I’ll be sure to take in and cherish every second of it.

I know, right. I'll deal with any disappointment if and when it happens. Until then I'm assuming every game is a win 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Great post

I get what you’re saying, but for about the last half of last season, JA17 wasn’t exactly performing at superstar level. Yeah, I know he had an elbow injury….but he definitely needs to be at the top of the QB rankings this year.

6 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I get what you’re saying, but for about the last half of last season, JA17 wasn’t exactly performing at superstar level. Yeah, I know he had an elbow injury….but he definitely needs to be at the top of the QB rankings this year.

Oh well.  He didn’t have the same IOL.  He didn’t have Dalton Kincaid.  He had a rookie OC.  He had no slot WR.  Fret if you like. I’m chillin

• Like (+1) 6

5 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

1) Year two of Dorsey in his job. Experience is valuable, and now he's going to have some more tools in the box. I'm really bullish on the tight ends especially.

2) we have Josh Allen. So long as that alien clone supersoldier is our QB, we have a chance to win.

3) Another year for Groot. Last year, the Frenchman had a sneaky 8 sack season, I see no plausible reason he can't build off it. I see at least 10 for Greg.

5) The pressure of expectation is shifted to lesser teams in the Jests and Miami. This team does better in that environment.

Agree with all but 3.  Groot really only popped when playing with Miller.  First few games will be great to gauge his ability to be “the guy”.  He has the talent to do it, I don’t think it’s a given though. I guess this makes me optimistic on him but not relying on him for overall team optimism. 

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Oh well.  He didn’t have the same IOL.  He didn’t have Dalton Kincaid.  He had a rookie OC.  He had no slot WR.  Fret if you like. I’m chillin

also, no semblance of a running game. And a hurt elbow.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Bills - Homer Simpson.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

I would add a few more reasons:

6) Tua learned how to fall meaning no more Dolphin free Tua… or something (tiring excuse) 

7) hopefully don’t watch the MLB get free 5-8 yard piggy back rides. 
8- OC has tablets wrapped in bubble wrap protectors and a yo-yo string. 

9) RG turnstile has been replaced by an immovable force (hopefully).

10) It’s a new year and a blank slate, I’m sure new complaints, worries and grievances will be filed by Sept. 12th. 
Enjoyed the ride!

• Like (+1) 2

I’m optimistic about the offiense because we are going to be running to tighten sets those tend to be good running sets because you have an extra tight end on the field and I know that our youngster doesn’t have his blocking down yet but just putting his big ass frame on somebody down field is going to help Dawson is all set with his blocking This means we are going to have a running game this season even if there are games where Cook is getting caught up in the line we have two ball busting, running back sitting behind him.

On defense, let’s keep in mind that this defense was a past rushing force before Von Miller went down. Well now they have brought in another veteran pass rusher to help Rousseau and some good youth pass rushers behind them. We are going to have a pass rush. Meanwhile, we brought in Poona Ford who is built like a fire hydrant to stop the run.

Josh will be Josh and he’s going to do Josh Allen things so we’re gonna be in every game or dominating every game. We just need other people to step up with him. I am confident.

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

If he's healthy, why wouldn't Allen be at/near the top of the QB rankings when the FO has given him more and better weapons and added better players to the OL?   

Edited by SoTier

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.