Go On Record Now for 2023 Draft:

boyst

It seems we have a lot of people weighing in how they knew Basham was never going to pan out. That we should have got Creed Humphey. That Elam is a bust. Etc.

Now is your chance to weigh in for historical accuracy. Weigh in on each of the following so you can brag to the rest of the internet in a few years of your marvelous victory!

1) Kincaid

2) Torrence

3) Williams

4) Shorter

7) Broeker

7) Austin

Any other hot takes on draft spots that were reasonable that the Bills could have acquired? Or other hot takes?

1) Kincaid will be in the league a while. Catch 600 yards on average through his career, and will be a valuable addition rounding out any roster he is on adding a downfield target. He has a 6-8 year career ahead of him.

2) Torrence will be a starter for a few years, middle of the road quality. He has a 4-5 year career ahead of him.

3) Williams will be on the roster for a few years, in the NFL no more than 4-5 years. He will contribute on special teams more than defense. He will be considered a reach and bust.

4) Shorter won't pass the depth chart of 4th WR on any roster worth a damn. He will join Shakir of never making a significant impact on an NFL roster.

7) Broeker will be in the league a few years on the practice squad.

7) Austin will be rostered at times because of his position and special teams.

Outside of this I think Joey Porter, Jr. will be tremendously overhyped and allowed to play a physical game and get the same treat Travon Diggs - made more famous than he is.

1) I think that Kincaid will effectively settle into a niche that Cole Beasley managed for about a decade: a reliable 3rd down chain mover, but with the added benefit of being a big body to let him be a red zone threat and get 4-6 TD a year.

2) Torrance will be a solid starter for 4-5 years until he gets too expensive and we let him walk. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Kincaid has a long career. He plays 10-12 years with his first 7 years being a notch below the all-pro/legitimate pro bowl player. He is a good #2 and then a valuable backup and mentor his last two years. He will have more TD's and yards than any Bills TE in history. He plays his whole career in Buffalo. He earns a ring with Buffalo.

Torrence is a starting guard for the first half of his career. He makes a few pro bowls and is considered above average at his position. Once he hits about 30, his weight becomes an issue, so he becomes a backup but a good technician and ends his career playing for another team. He earns a Super Bowl ring with Buffalo

Dorian Williams is a key special teams guy who gets occasional spot starts at LB with the Bills. His second contract is with a 3-4 defense where he plays inside but not the playcaller. He earns a ring with Buffalo.

Shorter and Broeker bounce around a bit. Broeker becomes an average backup who rejoins Buffalo after 4-5 years on another team and helps Bills win its 2nd Title in the Josh Allen era.

Austin makes a career on special teams and has cups off coffee on  several NFL rosters. 

Edited by Wizard
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like Kincaid, think he is as smooth of a catcher and receiver as there is for a rookie. I think his best years will be better than Knox's breakout year a few years back. I think he will become a much more elevated version of Mike Gesieki than he will be a second coming of Kelce (but I hope I'm wrong).

Torrence I can see making the Pro Bowl. He seems rock solid as a rookie now, I only expect that he get's better and we will be very happy with that draft pick.

Williams I am back and forth with. I have a decent feeling about him. I just hate the staff not wanting to get the kids feet wet. I just hope they have a plan beyond Milano's backup, I think they do, whether it's sliding him or Milano (which I prefer) over to MLB.

Everyone else is a crapshoot.

Likely we have hit on 2 picks, hopefully 3 but I am going to say we hit on 2.

Randy Moss thinks Shorter will be a HOFer.  😂

I like the first three picks a lot.  I think all will earn a 2nd contract with the Bills.  Williams just needs to get a year under his belt.

Projecting the career of anyone past the 3rd round is an exercise in futility.

Both Austin and Broeker were grabbed by the Texans and signed to their PS.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sounds fun. I'll play. So in my opinion:

1. Kincaid will, I think, struggle to live up to the hype this year. A lot has been made of him so it's almost impossible to achieve what many feel he will. He will still have an impact this year, should land in the 45-55 catch 450-550 yards area and show flashes of what is to come. By the end of his career I believe he will be a yearly vote to the "Pro Bowl" and have some some NFL All Pro teams on his resume. He will see a 2nd contract in Buffalo.

2. Torrence will be steady at RG for the Bills for the next 10ish seasons. I do expect some struggles early as he continues to learn the pro game. Deserving of a second contract in Buffalo is what I expect...but the Bills may not pay it depending on cap crunch. He will be a Pro Bowl level RG and make some 2nd team All Pros by year 3. 

3. Williams is a guy I like a lot. He has plus instincts and plays with violence. I think he will be consistently good but not great. I believe, however he will have a solid career with a 2nd (short) contract in Buffalo and then bounce around the league as a Kirksey level LB.

4. Shorter will have a very Jake Kumerow type career. Latch on as a primary ST guy...possible future ST Captain. This will be the Forum whipping guy by 2025. Those that don't value ST here will call him a bust and beg to have him cut while those that like ST will wax poetic about his true value to the team. He sees a second contract in Buffalo. Offensive production will be in the 15-20 catch a season average unless pressed into more action due to injury to others.

The 7s- Not my concern as they are not with the Bills any longer. I do like the potential they have to be solid backups one day...and obviously the Houston Texans agree. I wish them luck and will update this if one or both find their way back to Buffalo one day.

53 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Sounds fun. I'll play. So in my opinion:

1. Kincaid will, I think, struggle to live up to the hype this year. A lot has been made of him so it's almost impossible to achieve what many feel he will. He will still have an impact this year, should land in the 45-55 catch 450-550 yards area and show flashes of what is to come. By the end of his career I believe he will be a yearly vote to the "Pro Bowl" and have some some NFL All Pro teams on his resume. He will see a 2nd contract in Buffalo.

2. Torrence will be steady at RG for the Bills for the next 10ish seasons. I do expect some struggles early as he continues to learn the pro game. Deserving of a second contract in Buffalo is what I expect...but the Bills may not pay it depending on cap crunch. He will be a Pro Bowl level RG and make some 2nd team All Pros by year 3. 

3. Williams is a guy I like a lot. He has plus instincts and plays with violence. I think he will be consistently good but not great. I believe, however he will have a solid career with a 2nd (short) contract in Buffalo and then bounce around the league as a Kirksey level LB.

4. Shorter will have a very Jake Kumerow type career. Latch on as a primary ST guy...possible future ST Captain. This will be the Forum whipping guy by 2025. Those that don't value ST here will call him a bust and beg to have him cut while those that like ST will wax poetic about his true value to the team. He sees a second contract in Buffalo. Offensive production will be in the 15-20 catch a season average unless pressed into more action due to injury to others.

The 7s- Not my concern as they are not with the Bills any longer. I do like the potential they have to be solid backups one day...and obviously the Houston Texans agree. I wish them luck and will update this if one or both find their way back to Buffalo one day.

williams reminds me of a lesser version of nigel bradham. and a few steps over tank carder.

Edited by boyst

Shorter has <5% chance of completing a marathon, as did his great great uncle Frank.  Less than 0.005% chance of representing the United States as an Olympic marathon runner.

Anyone want to drop that off at a bookie?  I've got $10 to spare.

Shorter will score at least 5 touchdowns in 2023 season.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

In on this:

1) Kincaid- marginal rookie year, good by rookie TE standards, 60 catches, 6TDs, 550 yards.  By year 3, breaks 1k, never going to be an elite blocker, but becomes a poor man’s Kelce.

2) Torrence - day one starter, remains an above average, not star level guard, long career barring injury, could be a pro-bowl player with some refinement and a decent T beside him.

3) Williams - this one I struggle with, I believe he will become a good player, BUT I also believe the league is about to shift and the power game will make a big come back, teams have gone smaller and faster, the obvious weakness is to run them over… wish the Bills would get on this train sooner than later.  So, while I believe he can be a good LB, I question if he will ever have a spot on this roster, to that end, I say, good back-up, ST stand out that Bills fans want to see more of, when he gets out there, it won’t be everything they hoped for, think Gabe Northern.

4) Shorter - gone in a year

7) Broeker - might kick around the bottom of the roster of a few teams for a few years.

7) Austin - interesting guy to me, I think he finds a solid back up role somewhere around the league, kind of a Levi Wallace type.

27 minutes ago, boyst said:

williams reminds me of a lesser version of nigel bradham. and a few steps over tank carder.

Yeah, I get that impression when you allude to him basically washing out of the league in 4-5 years. Even if he someh never contributes much on defense he will have a longer career than that just on STs IMO.

Kincaid - I like your description. A 600-yard tight end, with a 6 year career. He's already 23 and will turn 24 in October.

Torrence - He becomes the Bills best Offensive Lineman by the end of the year, and has a 10 year career in the league. I can see him as a fringe Pro Bowl Guard once in his career. 

Williams - Too small to play in the NFL. Look at the video of him practicing yesterday, his legs are like a basketball player. 

Shorter - Washes out of the league quickly. 

Austin - I can see him sticking around the league, bouncing around practice squads and being a 6th corner for 4-5 years. 

Broeker - Out of the league quickly. 

Dalton Kincaid will be in multiple pro bowls. He will go down as the best TE the Bills have ever had. He is THAT good. He never would have gotten past 15 if not for his recovering from injury.

Torrence will be a sold starter for this team

Williams has the talent to be an excellent player should contribute for the duration of the time. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.