Kirksey signing with the Bills PS

ndirish1978

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Excellent get! I feel much better now. Any idea how long before he’s fully healthy?

Article on why the Texans cut him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/houston-texans-53-man-roster-cutdown-day-christian-kirksey-demeco-ryans

If the headline was "Bills trade backup G Broeker and DB Austin to Texans for starting MLB Kirksley" I would have been thrilled. Am anyway!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He wasn't healthy enough to play in preseason and he'll probably need some time to learn the defense, especially at the Mike position where he will be relaying play calls.

I would’ve been real ok with a non mlb handling that job this year 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I think he’s gonna stay there a little bit, but I hope you’re right.  Who’s roster spot does he take?

I’d guess someone goes to IR. Maybe out of actual  necessity if someone is lost in week 1 or two for awhile. If everyone’s relatively healthy then maybe someone they think they can sneak onto PS is released. 

• Agree 1

Three elevations from the PS for free, then have to add to roster.  Time for a cram-session on play calling.  May he be a better option than A. J. Klein, perhaps Dodson, but still holding out hope for Bernard to get it together.  Then Williams next year?

4 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Could’ve had Zach Cunningham all camp and ready to go at MLB.  Now he’s starting for the Eagles. The way McBeane has handled MLB is the biggest headscrater of their tenure. 

These fuggers come out of the freaking woodwork, I tell ya…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Side note:  what did Klein do to piss Beane off so much?

some harsh language here!

“With us terminating A.J. (Klein), we felt (good about) Christian getting in here, getting our system,” Beane said.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2023/08/buffalo-bills-adding-veteran-lb-to-practice-squad-could-he-be-an-option-at-middle-linebacker.html

Maybe Klein didn’t think he got a fair opportunity to win the starting MLB job and was vocal about it.

31 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I would’ve been real ok with a non mlb handling that job this year 

Serious question: Has McD ever had anyone but the MLB calling the D?

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

This may have already been touched on, but I don’t see it. If Kirksey’s on the PS, couldn’t he be poached? 

Both the PS player and the original team have methods of preventing poaching. The big one being it's up to the player whether they go or not.

Kirksey already knows he wont be on our PS for long, and he chose the Bills when he was on the open market. Chances of him leaving via PS are extremely low.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Serious question: Has McD ever had anyone but the MLB calling the D?

Both the PS player and the original team have methods of preventing poaching. The big one being it's up to the player whether they go or not.

Kirksey already knows he wont be on our PS for long, and he chose the Bills when he was on the open market. Chances of him leaving via PS are extremely low.

Gotcha. Thanks! 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Is he aging faster than most people?

Theoretically, yes. Body certainly breaks down faster than most people. Also the prospective job market or field you’re in doesn’t have the possibility of being non viable before you even start your adult life…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.