Cody Ford Makes Bengals Roster

wettlaufer

Learns of the apparent roster spot while in the car with GF? wife? She's bubbly and he's not a big emotions guy. But both have every right to be pleased. Spent last year on IR and didn't have a contract beyond one year with the Bengals, having signed in March. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bengals? A well run organisation? Is this a joke?

Bengals are in a far better situation right now then we are,  Burrow has far better younger surrounding talent. Bills are older and maybe have a 1-2 year window before they will need to rebuild.  Poyer/Hyde/Miller/Dawkins/Morse/Diggs are all about 30 or older and no one knows if White will ever get back to the level he was before getting hurt. My biggest concern right now is Beane missing on so many picks and the Bills not restocking the shelves we great young talent.

Look at all the first or second year players the Chiefs had last season that contributed to their title,  that was a reset year and they won the Super Bowl.  Outside of Diggs the Bills have too many older players making big money that are no longer elite difference makers. Either you draft well or it catches up and when was the last time the Bills made a trade that brought back a regular contributor or starter on defence/offence?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

She just happy that big paycheck still rolling in. 

To him he was a high pick struggling to stay relevant in his 5th year. It would have also been his big contract test if he hit. I’d be salty too if I was in year 5 hanging on to my dream not making the money I thought I would 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Bengals are in a far better situation right now then we are,  Burrow has far better younger surrounding talent. Bills are older and maybe have a 1-2 year window before they will need to rebuild.  Poyer/Hyde/Miller/Dawkins/Morse/Diggs are all about 30 or older and no one knows if White will ever get back to the level he was before getting hurt. My biggest concern right now is Beane missing on so many picks and the Bills not restocking the shelves we great young talent.

Look at all the first or second year players the Chiefs had last season that contributed to their title,  that was a reset year and they won the Super Bowl.  Outside of Diggs the Bills have too many older players making big money that are no longer elite difference makers. Either you draft well or it catches up and when was the last time the Bills made a trade that brought back a regular contributor or starter on defence/offence?

The Bengals have a good team. They are NOT and never have been "well run".

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bengals have a good team. They are NOT and never have been "well run".

Maybe not as an organization but their threadbare pro personnel dept has been running circles around Beane’s for several years now, objective fact, look at the FA hits they’ve had compared to our misses.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Bengals problem will be when they have to start paying players. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

22 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Maybe not as an organization but their threadbare pro personnel dept has been running circles around Beane’s for several years now, objective fact, look at the FA hits they’ve had compared to our misses.

They have done a good job. Not denying that. But they are not a well run organisation. They are a mess. Sometimes you can blow your process and still get a positive outcome

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Disagree. They CURRENTLY have more flexibility cap wise because their QB is on his rookie deal. That’s about to change. They have to find a way to get some big stars big money. 

And speaking of that QB, he’s pretty fragile health wise. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They have done a good job. Not denying that. But they are not a well run organisation. They are a mess. Sometimes you can blow your process and still get a positive outcome

Their “process” is to operate efficiently by finding bargains in FA and Bruce Tobin has executed that plan to perfection.  Squandering money on free agent busts like Beane has would not fly under Mike Brown.  Not saying I’d prefer to do things their way but again, their pro personnel folks have run circles around Beane.  They also take chances on bad characters who fall during the draft and that has worked out fairly well for them too.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.