Nick Bosa Trade Rumor (Unnamed AFC Team)

SCBills

9 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

So the Jets line is really as bad as people say? 

Their league-oldest LT by like 3 years just practiced for the first time. Their RT has barely played in two years on a bum knee. They've got one good guard who is young, and nobodies for the rest.

• Like (+1) 1

The Jets could probably get it done..

They could backload his contract to start hitting after Rodgers steps away, and they could send some picks and one of their pass rushers who Bosa would replace. 

I mean, if the 49ers asked for Will McDonald or Jermaine Johnson and some picks, would they really say no?  

31 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

So the Jets line is really as bad as people say? 

Honestly its not good right now. AVT coming back from a season ending injury, Becton is finally back after a couple of years injured, Duane Brown is protecting Rodgers blind side and that scares me. That is our only weakness on the team and its the most important IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I have often wondered what would happen if a top end franchise QB did that. Just said "$25m per, fully guaranteed will do me, no build a team around me."

I have to think the NFLPA would freak. But not sure there is much that could be done.

Brady sorta' did that.    The numbers were lower but the cap % was still significant.

Just depends on the owner.   Not sure I would trust Mike Brown to put the money back into the talent.   

And $25M gets them back 1 star player.   

The Bengals did get Logan Wilson back on a great contract though.    

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Brady sorta' did that.    The numbers were lower but the cap % was still significant.

Just depends on the owner.   Not sure I would trust Mike Brown to put the money back into the talent.   

And $25M gets them back 1 star player.   

The Bengals did get Logan Wilson back on a great contract though.    

Yea Brady never reset the market or anything but he was never way below market compared to say Manning, Brees etc in the same period. 

But in this market Burrow taking $25m would be like him playing at half price. That would be a first for a top end QB.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Every team would be in on Bosa.  Wouldn’t surprise me if it was the Chiefs.  Especially if Jones is gonna sit out.  

Chiefs need to keep money for Jones as long as he can start playing anytime he decides he does not want to keep losing money.

Love rule they made that players fines cannot be waived.

1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

If they are "threatening" a trade my $ is on a bad team with cap space.

Yeah but he's worth a lot more in trade if they send him somewhere he wants to go that will give him the contract he wants.

Nick Bosa is the kind of player you give a 7 year contract to...........so people who assume that the cap hit will be a detriment aren't taking into account that his deal will be heavily backloaded and his first couple years cap hits could be pretty minor.    It's not like he will have to settle for a team that can absorb a big 2023/2024 cap hit.   

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Brady never reset the market or anything but he was never way below market compared to say Manning, Brees etc in the same period. 

But in this market Burrow taking $25m would be like him playing at half price. That would be a first for a top end QB.

The thing is though...........half price still only gets you 1 star player back.    Teams that push cap debt like the Saints or now the Bills to some extend........they can get the same effect by manipulating the cap.    I suspect that deal would blow up in Cinci in a few years because I wouldn't trust Mike Brown to not use more of a "cash to the cap" type system.    Burrow would be dumb to do that.  I have seen more evidence of willingness to sacrifice earnings from Ralph C. Wilson Jr. than Mike Brown........and it's not close.

• Agree 1

Why do folk get sucked in by these sort of rumors every time one pops  up???

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Jets could probably get it done..

They could backload his contract to start hitting after Rodgers steps away, and they could send some picks and one of their pass rushers who Bosa would replace. 

I mean, if the 49ers asked for Will McDonald or Jermaine Johnson and some picks, would they really say no?  

Yes, they would say no

Bosa ain’t going nowhere. He’ll be a niner for the next several seasons

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

This is truly scary considering they are coming off a SB win during a 'transition' year and also widely expected to get to/win another SB this year.

They have a ton of cap space, but also a ton of high value players to pay. 

There's a reason they're playing hardball with Chris Jones.. 

Seeing as the Jets have money & the fact that Bosa's ex coach is now the Jets HC i'm thinking that will be his landing place which would really suck .

The only way i see him coming to the Bills would be trading someone like Rouseu and some picks because that guy lit it up for them on defense & will be commanding a very high price for them to get rid of him so i don't see Beane doing that . But 1 never knows what might grow from the magic Beane .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.