Do you think the Bills could sign Christian Kirksey for the vet min? *Update Signed to PS 8/30!

Coldfronts

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's coming off an injury (hammy?) that kept him out the entire preseason.

I wonder whether signing him after Week 1 would confer some kind of advantage or flexibility for the team.

Could be wrong, but I think he'll have suitors and won't want to wait

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

I wonder whether signing him after Week 1 would confer some kind of advantage or flexibility for the team.

Sure because I’m sure you know if they sign before week 2, they can drop him anytime they want if it doesn’t workout.  These kind of previous injury guys who were once accomplished will get snapped up between weeks 1 and 2.

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Sure because I’m sure you know if they sign before week 2, they can drop him anytime they want if it doesn’t workout.

I was thinking that was the case but wasn't sure.

I am admittedly not good with the nuts and bolts of roster manipulation.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Simon said:

Vets on the week 1 roster are guaranteed salary while those added later are not (unless contracted as such) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Someone expedite the playbook to him. Anything to keep Dodson off the field

Easy Warriorsan.  Let’s see what shakes loose tonight, then Beane can commiserate with McD.  They probably already have a short list and staffers making some initial calls to agents.

Think if it this way, there are 90 as of this morning x 32= 2880

As of 4:00pm today to keep it clean as I know some releases took place Sunday to 1696 which is 53x32.

This means 1184 guys were just cut or put on IR.

There are 16x32 = open PS slots or 512.  That’s 512 free agents as they have no allegiances to any team if snatched by another.

So if not to make your head explode after PS slots, there are still 672 guys who didn’t win in musical chairs.  There either done or waiting for a guy to get injured.

Whether this guys get snatched up by us or not, Bean will have guys to compare skill sets and decide with McD what they value most.

On a side note, someone is going to need to cut Beane off from the 5 hr energies non stop or his heart will explode.

I think they'll wait till after the Jets game, when the linebackers get to utilize a game plan and practice specifically for the Jets.  If they are not good, he may pull a trigger on a replacement.  Seems a bit unfair to replace a guy who's worked his tail off, and another who's been injured....without at least giving them a run against the Jets.  

9 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Yes

This is where it pays to have a GM that is highly respected and trusted by the majority of agents.  They can come to fair compromises that benefit both players and team. I'd say besides the fact Buffalo is a top contender it doesn't hurt they got good rehab facilities.  Perhaps his injury prone days can be put in the past. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Someone expedite the playbook to him. Anything to keep Dodson off the field

I heard somewhere they are going to train him for the outside first. We will be quite deep there. 

😋

If I don’t put a smiley face after that, some nuts get elevated blood pressure and want to fight, and I’d hate to be responsible for anything unfortunate. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I heard somewhere they are going to train him for the outside first. We will be quite deep there. 

😋

If I don’t put a smiley face after that, some nuts get elevated blood pressure and want to fight, and I’d hate to be responsible for anything unfortunate. 

How can you have a proper fight club if you go and talk about it. 

2 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

How can you have a proper fight club if you go and talk about it. 

It’s the new AARP Rules, as voted in at the National Shuffle Board Tournament last spring in Myrtle Beach. 

Juniors rules still apply. Old people? Anything can come out of their mouths, but it’s excused. You should have heard my 95 year old mother at the nursing home today. You just learn to smile and nod. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

It’s the new AARP Rules, as voted in at the National Shuffle Board Tournament last spring in Myrtle Beach. 

Juniors rules still apply. Old people? Anything can come out of their mouths, but it’s excused. You should have heard my 95 year old mother at the nursing home today. You just learn to smile and nod. 

I got no problems with adjustments for us AARP crowd.  I know our gen certainly earned it.  Maybe not as fully as our parents generation which I think we're the best generation of the past 100 years.   Hard to go further back with all the advancements making things more productive for them. 

• Coldfronts changed the title to Do you think the Bills could sign Christian Kirksey for the vet min? *Update Signed to PS 8/30!
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.